PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sort of OT: Teams you hate

Colts
Broncos
Giants
Steelers
Ratbirds
Jets

I burst out laughing at number three. Awesome.

I am strongly considering having the Ravens share the top spot with the Giants.

:D I just detest that guy. I really do.

As for the Ravens, I just can't stomach Ray Lewis. And I thought it wouldn't matter now that he's retired, but the NFL still keeps putting his picture up on my Facebook. Meanwhile, one of our top players is in prison where that kind of thing belongs. And that franchise and... and... and...

LOL I need to settle down.

Teams I hate in the order in which I cheer for them to lose ugly...

1. Jets - I love seeing their fans miserable after another loss. Mangina, Rex, Cromartie...so much to dislike...but truly it's the fans.

2. Broncos - I hated them back when I first saw the gay-ness that is the Mile High Salute. The QB who looks like the banjo-playing kid from "Deliverence" brings the Donks up to #2 most hated.

3. Steelers - The terrible towel is no less gay than the aforementioned Mile High Salute. Sort of respect the franchise, but their fans are as pathetic as Jets fans.

4. Ravens - The Ray Lewis schtick is gone, so my distaste for them might lessen, but I doubt it. Suggs is still there.

5. Colts - Used to be #2, but I still get douche chills when I see that horseshoe.

6. Giants - New York. Enough said. Well, there are those Super Bowls, but enough said!

7. Seahawks - A whole lot of mouth for a whole little accomplishment. Would love to see them wither into mediocrity this season. Plus, I know he is a nice guy, but Pete Carroll also gives me douche chills.

8. Dolphins - Another team that used to be top 5 for me. If they become relevent again, they will jump up this list.

9. Raiders - Like the Dolphins, a lack of relevence has dropped them a bit. It brings joy to know that those "fans" who dress up like it's Halloween have been reduced to watching the worst team in the league. Tuck Rule!

10. Texans - For a few years I thought I would never dislike them. Then I saw the varsity jackets and JJ's finger wag.

11. Packers - Still remnants of Favre hate here. But I like to see Aaron Rodgers fail too. And there is that Super Bowl...

12. Bears - As long as Cutler is their QB, I will cheer for their failure. What a turd. I have no ill feelings about SB XX. The right team won that game.

13. Redskins - They are skyrocketing up the list lately. RGIII was a guy I wished well last season. Now that he has become an egomaniac who has never met a microphone he doesn't like....he can just go away.

14. Bills - Prettty low on the list for a division rival, but they are still a team I hate....the way you might hate a rectal itch. It's annoying, but ultimately easy to get rid of.

15. Chargers - They used to be a top 5 team but have dropped with the absence of the classiest RB in NFL history. I still like to watch them drop into complete mediocrity.

16. 49ers - I was at this game last year. It is the first game I have been to in over 10 years where they lost. F them.

17. Rams - As long as Marshall Faulk is still on NFL Network, I will continue hating the "Tonight a dynasty is born" Rams.

18. Lions - It is hard to hate a laughingstock team (Jets notwithstanding), but their Seahawk like mouths are pathetic given even less accomplishments than the Hawks

19. Bengals - A team that brought us Ocho and the Icky shuffle. Plus, the worst owner in the league should lose often and ugly just on principle.

20. Eagles - I never thought they would have a QB less likable than McPuke. Then they replaced him with the most unlikable football player in the league.

21. Browns - I hate the plain helmet.

22. Saints - The whole Katrina thing a few years back was contrived at best. And Drew Brees is a little creepy.

23. Vikings - I know Brad Childress isn't there any more, but his stench still lingers.

24. Chiefs - Ya, I was at THAT game too. Ugh.

25. Cardinals - How could I hate the Cards? Because they choked that SB against the Steelers. Ben Ringburglar should only have one ref-enhanced ring, not two!

26. Bucs - Every time I look at those uniforms, all I can still see are Warren Sapp's bug eyes. Scary.

27. Panthers - Anyone remember that pre-season game in 2004 when they acted like it was revenge for the Super Bowl? Very Lions-like.

28. Falcons - I loved their old red uniforms. Following the switch to black uniforms trend is so 90's.

29. Titans - Jeff Fisher. I know he is with the STL Turfs, but the Titans have been so unmemorable in recent years, I still see Fisher when I hear about the Titans. Yup, I hate 'em.

30. Jaguars - This is a pre-emptive strike adding the Jags to my hate list...just in case they move to the stink hole that is L.A.

Non-hate list:

Cowboys - How can you hate the team that MAY be more hated than the Patriots nationally?

1) Jets, and any other answer is wrong.
2) Ravens
3) Steelers
4) Broncos. Coincidentally, I now find myself kind of liking the Colts.
5) Detroit. WOW, have I turned on them. They used to be kind of a pet team, and now they're just a punk-ass team led by a punk-ass coach. They could be as high as #2 by the end of this season.

I can't find myself hating the Giants. Sure, they broke our hearts twice, but they just manned up and won fair and square. I have to respect that.

1) Jets, and any other answer is wrong.
2) Ravens
3) Steelers
4) Broncos. Coincidentally, I now find myself kind of liking the Colts.
5) Detroit. WOW, have I turned on them. They used to be kind of a pet team, and now they're just a punk-ass team led by a punk-ass coach. They could be as high as #2 by the end of this season.

I can't find myself hating the Giants. Sure, they broke our hearts twice, but they just manned up and won fair and square. I have to respect that.

Fixit, you are right about Detroit. Perhaps I have a top 6. I HATE them. Punk asses.

1. Jets
2. Jets
3. Jets
4. Pitt
5. Jets
6. Jets
7. Balt
8. Jets
9. Jets
10. MIA

1. Giants
2. Jets (I can't really dignify their franchise with the top spot because they are so pathetic.)
3. Steelers
4. Baltimore
5. Broncos (can't deal with the smoke blowing up Peyton's ass wherever he goes).

Huh. I only have 5? I must be in a charitable mood.

1. Jets
2. Broncos
3. Steelers
4. Ravens
5. Colts (simply for their holier than thou fans)

I really thought the Giants would be number one for me by a mile. I think my problem is that, while I hated those games with the fury of a thousand suns (almost destroying my love of football entirely,) as I was typing this I realized I don't really hate the franchise itself. At least, not in the same way I hate:

1. The Ravens (disgusting franchise and blight on the NFL)
2. The Jets (ick... just, ick.)
3. Eric Mangini (I don't care that he's not a team. I hate him.)

Nothing comes close to those for me. I actually do hate those franchises. Like actually hate them.

Honorable Mention: Peyton Manning Teams, Bernard Pollard Teams, Steelers, Colts, Dolphins, Bills, Giants, maybe these Harbaugh 49ers, the Caroll Seahawks, Lord Favre Teams, Marshall Faulk Teams
I quote those answers because I kinda agree with them, despite- or perhaps because of- where they contradict each other.

But the team I hate the most is the one they are playing against next. (No, not Buffalo, in general.)

I guess this sums it up.

I don't hate teams or player just because they are good. That is what most fans are like and why they hate Brady and the Patriots (although they mask it with stupid reasons.)

That said, there are two teams that I truly despise.

The Steelers are number one, mainly for the reasons that someone alluded to earlier in this thread. Their players are always whining and jealous of the Pats, yet we always smack them in the face again and again. Bill Cowher said that Spygate was a complete media joke and the fanbase crucified him. In the 2004 AFCCG that everyone brings up, Roethlisberger threw an INT on the first play of the game and threw a pick-6. Brady didn't even have a huge game, and in fact our office never sliced them up badly until after Spygate. I also hate how the organization gloats in being squeaky clean but has drafted most of the NFL's biggest scumbags, including Big Ben, Mendenhaal, Porter, and Harrison. Outside of Polamalu, they have literally have not had a star player who wasn't a felon, a bin Laden supporter, or a multiple domestic violence offender.

The Jets are number two. I never hated the Jets as much as most until they hired Rex Ryan and decided to be "brash." I've just always hated any organization that is mouthy, arrogant, and full of themselves. The Jets were never among the league's best teams and the only reason they were good was because they planned a 2-3 year window of opportunity, after which the team would collapse (which it now has.) Every decision was incredibly short-sighted, and none of their signings considered value or long-term implications. Yet there they were, beating their chests, all of their moronic fans chanting loudly about great they are. Fireman Ed bowed out, which perfectly personifies the New York Jets organization and fans. A bunch of pretending wannabees with no substance. But they are good at cursing, talking a big game, and pointing fingers. Merely look at the decorum on Jets message boards versus Patriots message boards and you will see the difference.

Very well said.

I also blame the Steelers for the rampant acceptance of steroids in the NFL. I know they weren't the first to use illegal performance enhancing drugs in pro football but they certainly had a lot to do with them being accepted and I'm not the only one who has said that. The Rooneys and Coach Noll looked the other way while all that stuff was going on. Is it that surprising that a franchise who was the laughingstock of the NFL for their entire existence, finishing over .500 just 8 times in 40 years...would all of a sudden become a dynasty out of nowhere in the 70's? And more of their players have died young from heart issues and other steroid related ailments than any other team. Go figure.

I also think it's interesting (and unfortunate) that the story about Dr Richard Rydze was buried so quickly. It's funny that James Harrison turned from a JAG who was cut 4 times and couldn't stick with an NFL team to DOPY and then his decline came fast after Rydze left. I wonder how that happened.

Cheating scumbags. And their fans and players have the audacity and the gall to thump their chests and call the Patriots cheaters...It's the hypocrisy that makes them #1 on my hate list.

I also hated the Chargers a few years ago... but looking back it really was just a problem with one "classy" guy, and you all know who I'm talking about.

Honestly? I can't put them in a list from highest to lowest, excluding Giants. I live to see them fail. Other than that, my hate is spread equal with all my heart. So...

1.Giants
2.Jets, Bills, Seahawks, Broncos, Ravens, Packers, Dolphins, Colts, Eagles, Rams, Cardinals, 49ers, Raiders (only because of they fanbase.)

Jets

Ravens

Giants
Broncos
Steelers
Lions
Chargers
Texans
Colts

The Pats have made a LOT of enemies during the Brady/BB era. :D

1. Jets
2. Ravens
3. Steelers
4. Colts
5. Chargers
6. Broncos

Nobody really comes close to the Jets though.

Hate is too strong a word. I hate the Pats if they are not competitive on the filed during a game and I care less about all the other teams. There are 16 games and I want to win all of them. Not settle for 11-5 and lose in the playoffs for what ever reason that is unacceptable.

Pats in NYC vs GB or a year of failure, I am there if Pats are there.

I really thought the Giants would be number one for me by a mile. I think my problem is that, while I hated those games with the fury of a thousand suns (almost destroying my love of football entirely,) as I was typing this I realized I don't really hate the franchise itself. At least, not in the same way I hate:

1. The Ravens (disgusting franchise and blight on the NFL)
2. The Jets (ick... just, ick.)
3. Eric Mangini (I don't care that he's not a team. I hate him.)

Nothing comes close to those for me. I actually do hate those franchises. Like actually hate them.

Honorable Mention: Peyton Manning Teams, Bernard Pollard Teams, Steelers, Colts, Dolphins, Bills, Giants, maybe these Harbaugh 49ers, the Caroll Seahawks, Lord Favre Teams, Marshall Faulk Teams

Funniest post I've read in months, especially the Mangini, Pollard, and Faulk references, Bravo!

For us "older" guys, I'd add (dis)honorable mentions to Don Shula Teams and Al Davis Teams. Those guys almost ruined football for me as a young Pats fan in the 1970s. God bless his soul and I do appreciate his actual contributions to the sport, though I believe them to be vastly overstated, but watching Al bungle the Raiders to their 20-year run as the most unprofessional organization in sports has helped a bit, but even today the sight of Don Shula, or hell even a glimpse of one of his crummy restaurants (typically when visiting the folks in Del Boca Vista Phase III) tends to make my middle fingers want to raise the appropriate salute to "Mr. Perfect." He sucks. :enranged:

1. Jets
2. Jets
3. Jets
4. Pitt
5. Jets
6. Jets
7. Balt
8. Jets
9. Jets
10. MIA

Recognizing that "enjoying watching teams lose" is far different from actually disliking the organization and fans

HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE THE JETS???

They're not a rival. They're comic relief!!! They've yet to surpass the Houston Oilers in AFC East titles.

They're the Washington Generals of the NFL! You don't "hate" the Washington Generals.

Beyond that my list is pretty short, as I find a lot to respect among various teams organizations and fan bases - but I've got a few exceptions

1. The Raiders - they're still whining about a properly called tuck rule and neither the team nor the fan base apparently have the balls to accept responsibility for failing to do THEIR part to win that game

2. The Rams. Faulk and the fan base continue to cite phantom "spying" reports that have been shown to be completely baseless. Apparently they're all too stupid to understand simple straightforward facts. Even Kurt Warner apparently buys into Faulk's delusions.

3. The Ravens - while I actually respect what that organization has accomplished, nearly all of their fans and many of their players have gotten a big head very quickly about being "the best" - I look forward to a quick fall from grace.

Oh look, another haters thread just like a well known Jets board. Please go away op.

All of them. Especially the Jets & the Giants. Probably the Giants more because they actually can win a game.

Oh look, another haters thread just like a well known Jets board. Please go away op.

Oh look complaining about a topic when nobody forced you to click on it...

Recognizing that "enjoying watching teams lose" is far different from actually disliking the organization and fans

I think you can do both....

1. The Raiders - they're still whining about a properly called tuck rule and neither the team nor the fan base apparently have the balls to accept responsibility for failing to do THEIR part to win that game

My hate for the Raiders goes way back. Two words: Jack Tatum. I rest my case.

As for the tuck rule, it was karma. 25 years in the making...brought on them by Ben Dreith and "roughing the passer". For a technicality like the tuck rule to end THAT team's season against the PATRIOTS... it couldn't have played out any better than it did.

1. Giants
2. Ravens
3. New York Jest (There schitty fan base pisses me of more than that joke of a franchise)
4. Peyton Manning led Teams
5. Lions
6. Titans (Bernard Pollard)
7. Dallas (America's Team is a joke and has been for a long time. Plus Romo is a choke artist in the vein of Peyton Manning. The difference is one chokes during the post season the other chokes anytime the game is on the line. Jerry Jones is a horrible owner)
8. Raiders (Another horrible fanbase)
9 Chief's Fans ( they have almost as much vitriol as Jet's Fans)

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back