PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some love for Welker from Rich Gannon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanfrom1960

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Rich was on KNBR, SF Bay Area sports talk radio this morning, always a good interview:

1. On what Randy Moss might do in his return to Oakland, he immediately jumped to saying Wes Welker is the man to stop in the New England receiving corps. "Toughest guy on the field, loves to watch him more than anybody".

2. Already questioning new Oakland coach Tom Cable, saying at least Kiffin recognized talent and who to play, e.g., Darren McFadden only had one touch in last week's game.

3. About the Pats, even Gannon said this year may be Belichick's best coaching job and he should be in the running for coach of the year.

4. Later on the program, it was mentioned that it isn't even known yet if the game will be televised in the Bay Area (may not be sold out). Of course, people around here mostly couldn't give a rat's a** about watching the Raiders anymore, but this is my Patriots! The KC game in Oakland was televised, and I looked in on it for about 30 seconds and saw at least 1/3 of the seats empty. Al Davis, what can you say? :steamed:

Interesting to hear Gannon's comments about the Pats, thanks. As I recall, he's been somewhat outspoken about the downfall of the Raiders organization and Al Davis' making the organization a very difficult one to work for. I thought McFadden hasn't been playing due to turf toe rather than a coaching decision, no?

Interesting to hear Gannon's comments about the Pats, thanks. As I recall, he's been somewhat outspoken about the downfall of the Raiders organization and Al Davis' making the organization a very difficult one to work for. I thought McFadden hasn't been playing due to turf toe rather than a coaching decision, no?
You're welcome. You could be right, but I have heard complaining about McFadden not playing from other Bay Area locals. The injury report I pulled up didn't list him at all. Found this also:

ALAMEDA -- Sunday's game against the New England Patriots is sold out and will be televised locally.

It's the sixth sellout this season and third straight season the Raiders have sold out six games in a season.

Raiders Blog and Q&A: Game will be televised

Still watching for empty seats though. Davis has been pulling something to get his home games on TV. Guess it got to, and beyond embarassing that the Raiders don't sell out their home games. Says six per season, boy, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News