PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some Gronk Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was awesome. Don't see Gronk's blocking highlighted too frequently, at least relative to his pass catching. What really sells his dominance is the last play where he does both.

His work blocking post-Gordon is one of the key elements to the championship. And unfortunately he didn’t get credit until late in the playoffs (by most).

Furthermore, imagine another elite under-30 pass catcher being willing to transition like that and take it to heart... Gronk is a winner and I don’t think it’s hyperbole to state that NE doesn’t win #6 w/o Gronk.

Love Me Some Gronk! Man came through battling his injuries all year long, kept grinding regardless what all haters* mediots* said and it showed, paid off end of reg season especially in Playoffs. Clutch in Crunch Time, Blocking, Receiving. Force to be 'Wreckin' with!

He’s an all timer for sure. One of a kind and I’m not sure he can ever be replaced. It would be like winning the lottery if you could find someone to replicate his success.

I’d love to to see him back for one more.

In light of the situation with RKK, I found the thread title a little concerning. :)

The problem with watching a video like that is the thought of him retiring makes me sad.

We'll need to wait a decade (or two) for a player like this to come around again.

I think he has a strong case for the 2nd best Patriot player of all time, obviously behind TB.
And I've seen Hannah, Haynes,Tippett,Law,Seymour.
They're all in or will be in the hof.

Love this thread and it doesn't include breaking 4 tackles on a fourth quarter drive. We won't ever see another Gronk and there never was one. He's had injuries, otherwise he would be breaking all records, undisputed best TE. If he's healthy and wants to play, they should come to an agreement for at least once more.

Restructure his deal and make him a tackle :p he could become a pro bowl tackle easily.

Such power. Definitely one of my finest students.

Bill Belichick, Patriots considering unique option on coaching staff

"Tight end Rob Gronkowski continues to be a frequent visitor at Gillette Stadium, as he has been one of a handful of players cycling through the facility in recent weeks. That isn't necessarily a sign that he intends to play in 2019 -- he could be in for treatment -- but the difference in how he has handled this offseason compared with last year is notable. Gronkowski seldom showed up at the facility, if at all, in the 2018 offseason, as he was looking for more of a clean break from football."

It will be a tall mountain to climb trying to find his replacement. Hopefully he gives us another year!

Trying to "replace" Gronk would be like trying to replace Moss. It just cannot happen. You just have to appreciate and savor the Gronk until it runs out.

Restructure his deal and make him a tackle :p he could become a pro bowl tackle easily.
Yes. Josh can then design a bunch of tackle eligible pass plays. And save the first one for Harbaugh and the Ravens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back