PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some encouraging news on Sheard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
An article on an interview with him in response to the benching seemed to suggest it lit a bit of a fire if I recall. Good to hear, let's hope he gives the Patriots a reason to play him and then some.

Good news, he obviously has taken positive steps after what happened last week. Hope he steps up and performs. Time will tell.

An article on an interview with him in response to the benching seemed to suggest it lit a bit of a fire if I recall. Good to hear, let's hope he gives the Patriots a reason to play him and then some.
It's good news because he was either going to let it light a fire, or completely give up on the team. Glad he took the former route. We sure as Hell could use him stepping up his game down the stretch.

Awesome. Come on Jabaal! Your brothers need you, lets see this defense become something close to what we all thought it could be for these last few weeks.

We all know his is totally capable of being a force. He was a lot of fun to watch last season, and even the start of this one. Would love to see him play to his potential down the stretch and throughout the playoffs.

come on sheard, you and the rest of the pass rushers have to generate some sort of pressure!

I know it's a fool's errand to try and glean anything accurate from TV interviews, but I have always been impressed by Sheard's seeming sincerity and being pleased about being a Patriot. I, for one, am willing to give him a pass and just hope he can return to his former prominent role.

Big test, this is his future with the Pats.

He has big game

I think the whole thing has been overblown. While it was disapointing that his play had declined to the point where BB and the staff had to bench him for a game, but THAT was all it was. It's what good coaches do. You see a player not respond to coaching and you have to take it to the next level.

But there is a second part to this equations. Good coaches DON'T hold it against the player. You just make your point that see if the "tough love" works out. If he comes out and plays like his hair is on fire tomorrow, all will be forgiven and never thought of again. If he plays like he has during his slump, then his snaps will continue to decline unless someone gets injured, and Jabal Sheard will be playing for another team next season. It's as simple as that.

What we've heard so far gives us hope that the "messasage has been received" and the lesson learned. But all it is a hope. We won't know for sure until we see it translated on the field.

Fingers are now officially crossed.

A lot of us just thought he'd replace chandler jones in the pass rush game, but he isn't at that level. It's obvious that Jones' presence helped him.

A player who responds positively to something like this will endear himself to me for forever.
Because it's so rare that a positive response is given. It seems like these players always turn into Adailus Thomas types in this situation.

If Sheard can return to form, a Sheard+Flowers combo is actually a pretty decent pair...

If our defense has any identity or personality they'll show it tomorrow. I actually think this is exactly what we need at the perfect time.

If nothing else , do it for the $$$ Jabaal! (Yeah i dont care how desperate i sound)

Because it's so rare that a positive response is given. It seems like these players always turn into Adailus Thomas types in this situation.
Actually, it isn't rare at all on a BB team. He is doing things like this all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST