PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Solder may debut at Right Tackle Monday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
SINCE YOU BROUGHT (caps) up "the long run"... Are you not forgetting about a certain Gun Fixture that is occupying that role? We have a CANNON at the ready if we need it come by week 6 or 7 (this could be out of a DEPTH concern or an injury issue. Relax about Mineri and I liked him to, but this year we had no space for him.

All the draft reports had Cannon playing Guard, not tackle. He has tackle size (6'6' 330), but perhaps not the agility to pick up edge rushers that is needed. We will have awesome depth at interior line positions when he is back, but still the tackle slots are thin.

I expect a bandaid signing like Ojinaka or someone of that level by week 2 or 3 if Vollmer's back issue lingers beyond this week.

I am not worried about Solder playing well. I am worried about Light getting hurt and then taking a way a strength by moving an awesome guard like Mankins out to tackle.

Last edited:
Funny, when I argued that releasing Levoir was a BAD idea, I did'nt get a whole lot of support.
Just sayin.

man, I do hope so to see this a lot this year. This has been our achilles heel for the past few years, when D pressures brady, we never had an answer and keep doing the same thing and getting killed.

Damn, I'm a nervous wreck as the season opener nears :bricks:

Honestly, the type of game I would actually prefer to a 30 point win is to see the offense struggle for a couple quarters, make some actual adjustments and have a strong 2nd half for a solid win. We've shown we can blow teams out the water regardless of record and we've shown that when the offense gets into a funk it's very hard getting out of it. I want to see more consistency and less 3 and outs.

Vollmer will be fine... a couple weeks off he will be at 100% no question

Funny, when I argued that releasing Levoir was a BAD idea, I did'nt get a whole lot of support.
Just sayin.

Agreed. Either he or Maneri. Ugh - let's not release someone and get a RT below the skill level of those we let go !

Just sayin.

The problem isn't that LeVoir is gone. The problem is that the people who beat out LeVoir are gone or injured.

As a result, the man who isn't ready is going to have to be ready enough.

The problem isn't that LeVoir is gone. The problem is that the people who beat out LeVoir are gone or injured.

As a result, the man who isn't ready is going to have to be ready enough.

which will be Solder who imo I already capable of starting as a RT in the pros. He is a project for LT right now andI am confident he can play RT well on Monday:)

edit- You can always have the HUGE GRONK back up a T like Crump so often did w/ Vollmer and Light

Last edited:
Just sayin.

When you call yourself "crazy Dave" you should expect people to just think you are crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back