PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So...What's your gut feeling on the Super Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gut is telling me that the Pats destroy the Giants with Vince Wilfork getting the MVP for returning a one-handed int for a TD on mini forehead's second pass of the game.

The Giants have a decent defense, but they're pretty overhyped from what I've seen. If the Patriots defense plays like it has the past two weeks I think it's a wash for what team has the better defense. The thing that is worrisome about the Giants is Eli and his receivers.

The Giants have a decent defense, but they're pretty overhyped from what I've seen. If the Patriots defense plays like it has the past two weeks I think it's a wash for what team has the better defense. The thing that is worrisome about the Giants is Eli and his receivers.

this

the strength of the giant D is their pass rush....this plays into a strength for the patriots offense, their pass protection

one of the giants offensive strengths, their WR's, plays into a patriots weakness, their coverage

they need to collapse the pocket.....get pressure while keeping eli between the tackles....and they need to exploit the middle of the field and run the ball against that giant D

You have to watch that play again. Reed closed with unbelievable speed. It was a hall of famer making a hall of fame play. At the point that Brady's brain told him to throw the ball, it was there. Reed closed in the space between, like a great defender can do.

It's only a bad play if there was something else available. Brady threw that ball where only Hernandez could catch it. I don't think that was a bad play, just good D.
Word. But when Brady gets shaky, I FEEL, as if he gets too obvious at to where he's going to throw the ball. I don't have every camera angle to analyze the play, but I'm sure there was a wr who was a more logical choice to throw the ball to. And I kind of feel like Brady was throwing the ball way too soon, he was on edge. He had outstanding protection most of the game. He could of afforded to take an extra second look on some of his throws.

Giants getting too much credit..the game is 50/50. Will come down to who makes more plays..I know, cliche, but true.

Giants getting too much credit..the game is 50/50. Will come down to who makes more plays..I know, cliche, but true.

The team that wins will also be the team that performs in all 3 phases of the game, it is what it is ;)

Extremely critical that BB does not pull out his red hoodie...

pats win......and I don't need a reason

Word. But when Brady gets shaky, I FEEL, as if he gets too obvious at to where he's going to throw the ball. I don't have every camera angle to analyze the play, but I'm sure there was a wr who was a more logical choice to throw the ball to. And I kind of feel like Brady was throwing the ball way too soon, he was on edge. He had outstanding protection most of the game. He could of afforded to take an extra second look on some of his throws.

You can criticize Brady for plenty of throws in that game, but the one to Hernandez isn't one of them. The replay showed there was nobody open, that's why he tried to stick it in there to Hernandez and Ed Reed made a terrific play.

The way I see this one:

Giants have physical edge, Pats have emotional edge(Redemption, MK).

The Pats have a little less room for error, but can certainly win this one. I'm wondering how the dome plays into it, letting those WR's run free and the NASCAR pass rush of the Giants on that surface.

this makes me feel a little better

In the Week 9 game, the Giants sacked Brady twice, intercepted him twice and forced two fumbles (one of which was by Brady). Even with all of that, they needed a fourth-quarter comeback drive by Eli Manning and some brilliant catches by tight end Jake Ballard to pull it off. The Giants weren’t at full-strength in that game, either, as running back Ahmad Bradshaw and wide receiver Hakeem Nicks both sat out with injuries

A little

Buch of cowards on here. Christ.

My (not so) gut feeling is the Patriots will beat the Giants very soundly by 7 or more points. It will be a very decisive win.

Last edited:
I, for one, will admit that I'm am very nervous about the game. I didn't want to see the Giants again, and I think becoming over-confident is just plain stupid. They didn't play their best game yesterday and were help TREMENDOUSLY by the second-year man who was returning punts for SF, but the Pats also didn't play well at all and were VERY fortunate that Cundiff missed a kick that he could probably make 100 times in his next 100 attempts.

It is going to be an extremely hard-fought game that could come down to the last team with the ball or who makes the most mistakes or who catches a damn ball with his helmet. All I have to say is that I'm glad that Tyree will not be playing on February 5.

this makes me feel a little better

A little

I don't know if what happened in November has any bearing on what will happen in two weeks. I feel the Giants team the pats are playing are a much better team then they were two months ago. Not sure if the pats are better or worse to be honest becasue since then they have played a few cupcake teams with sub par QB's.

Last edited:
I predict that everybody predicting the outcome of this game in the media will pick the Giants. There's a bias for NY teams in general and you throw in that the Giants haven't beaten them two in a row.......Peter King pretty much said he's taking the Giants in today's article.

I predict that if the Pats win they're going to have to do so by more than one score. Manning stole Peyton's horseshoe and has it wedged up his @ss.

2011: Giants 2 turnovers, Patriots 4 turnovers
Giants 2 sacks, Patriots 0 sacks

SB42 Giants 5 sacks for 37 yards, Patriots 3 sacks for 8 yards
Turnovers one each

I predict that if the Patriots are even with the Giants in these two categories they win. NY wins those battles they lose.

Lastly I predict this is going to be a hostile road game for the Pats. The locals will root for little brother and Giants fans travel.

I don't know if what happened in November has any bearing on what will happen in two weeks. I feel the Giants team the pats are playing are a much better team then they were two months ago.

Same with the Pats. D is much better.

I feel like if BJGE gets 15+ rushes, then we have a great chance.

Get the Giants in that 4 DE package, then pound the ball with BJGE and go no huddle to keep them on the field.

This is where the no huddle could be huge. The Giants do a lot of subbing on the D line, get them in a rush front and go pass heavy no huddle. Vice a versa when they go 4 DE. Its all about getting the Giants in to a particular front and exploiting it.

I had a terrible feeling about the game against the ravens, I'l be quite honest, going into that game I thought we would lose. So I'm going to just sit back, relax and enjoy the game.

I don't know if what happened in November has any bearing on what will happen in two weeks. I feel the Giants team the pats are playing are a much better team then they were two months ago. Not sure if the pats are better or worse to be honest becasue since then they have played a few cupcake teams with sub par QB's.

Don't forget that guys like Sergio Brown were still playing in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back