PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So How Does it Feel?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Stealers stole their last superbowl... they know it. Everyone knows it.

No one makes a big deal about it though.

Wanna know why?

They only try to kick you when you're on top of your game.

The Pats fit the bill to a "T..."

I wouldn't say they stole it since they just went out and played. But, I will say the NFL gifted it to them and the bus as a going away gift.

zebracw7.jpg

I wouldn't say they stole it since they just went out and played. But, I will say the NFL gifted it to them and the bus as a going away gift.

zebracw7.jpg

Explain how the NFL gave the Steelers the 2005 Super Bowl as a gift. Specifics. I'll spot you the Roethlisberger goal line touchdown in the second quarter. So now it's 14-10, Steelers.

maybe it was a gift after they got SCREWED in Indy on that ridiculous Polamalu call...in the Supe, the Steel DID get away with a lot of holding and got a ton of calls...didn't bother me at all, though, cuz I HATED what the Dolts tried to pull and I can't stand that fat, bloated Walrus either

maybe it was a gift after they got SCREWED in Indy on that ridiculous Polamalu call...in the Supe, the Steel DID get away with a lot of holding and got a ton of calls...didn't bother me at all, though, cuz I HATED what the Dolts tried to pull and I can't stand that fat, bloated Walrus either

I have to say, being a fan of a team that has wound up on the **** end of some of the most egregiously incompetent calls in modern zebra history, including the Polamalu call, which the league apologized for and which almost knocked us out of the playoffs, and the 1998 Thanksgiving Day game against the Lions, when Phil Luckett ****ed up the overtime coin toss, giving the ball to Detroit, the charges made after that Super Bowl that Pittsburgh "got" a bunch of calls and that the league fixed the game is more than a little ironic to Steelers fans.

The calls Steelers haters generally ***** about in that game are the Roethlisberger goal line TD, the pass interference call against Jackson in the end zone, the holding call against the Seahawks tackle that negated a pass to the Steelers 1-yard line, and the low block penalty against Hasselbeck during the Ike Taylor INT run-back.

Roethlisberger TD: I still can't tell if he made it in. Take it away and the Steelers kick a field goal, final score, 17-10, Steelers.

Pass Interference: I never understood why this was even questioned. It's true that Darrell Jackson didn't launch Chris Hope into the stands when he pushed off him, but he clearly pushes off Hope, Hope's momentum stops, and Jackson gets separation before catching the ball.

Holding Call Against Locklear: It's against NFL rules for a blocker to hook his arm around a defender, period. I think it's a stupid rule, but it's a rule nonetheless. I think the tuck rule is stupid too, but it was a rule during the Raiders-Patriots playoff game in 2001 and New England didn't benefit unduly from having it called.

The Low Block by Hasselbeck: Terrible call. Back the Steelers up 15 yards or so.

AND, what about Seattle TE Jeramy Stevens clear fumble that James Farrior recovered, but was ruled incomplete. That call was kind of important.

Explain how the NFL gave the Steelers the 2005 Super Bowl as a gift. Specifics. I'll spot you the Roethlisberger goal line touchdown in the second quarter. So now it's 14-10, Steelers.

The call back of a Seattle TD on a bogus PI call, holding calls on Seattle where even Madden said at the time I didn't see holding there. Hasslebeck getting called for hitting low when in reality it was legal cut. The non-calls such as the horse collar on a Seattle player, Ben calling a time-out well after the clock goes to 0 but no flag for delay. The list goes on. I had a whole video very clearly demonstrating how they were gifted that SB win and the NFL made YT take it down. Funny how there are still so many Yay Steeler videos up using a lot of the same footage.

hcfc5.jpg
zerose0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back