PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So do Patriots play starters vs. Houston?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How will the Patriots handle the Houston game?

• Starters play like any other game

Votes: 62 45.3%
  • Some key starters don't play at all

Votes: 44 32.1%
  • Half-and-Half aka Pull A Painter

Votes: 31 22.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Broncos don't control their own destiny. Jets and Ravens do. Broncos need Ravens to lose and Houston to win. If the Ravens and Houston lose, then the Steelers get in over the Broncos.

If that is true, why are they currently seeded BELOW the Broncos? :confused:

This is so confusing.

Pulling the starters isn't going to happen. If the Pats weren't pulling starters at the end of the 3rd when they were up 28-0, they aren't pulling starters at the half next week unless the score is like 42 -0.. But against such a dynamic Houston team, that is going to be tough.

Historically, I don't see any benefit from pulling starters in games like this, so I don't expect us to start now.

I'd like to see how they figure to cover Andre Johnson, anyway.

Pretty much everyone besides upstater says otherwise. :D

They were wrong last week and I was right. These same clowns were annointing the Steelers last week.

I was right.

Let me simplify things for you:

If Baltimore beats Oakland, we're playing Baltimore.

If they lose, we play the Broncos.

The tiebreakers are listed for all to see. This isn't a mystery. It's easy to see. The first tie-breaker is head-to-head, and Baltimore beat Den. They're in.

They were wrong last week and I was right. These same clowns were annointing the Steelers last week.

I was right.

The tiebreakers are listed for all to see. This isn't a mystery. It's easy to see. The first tie-breaker is head-to-head, and Baltimore beat Den. They're in.

So NFL.com, or just the NFL, are a bunch of clowns... on top of ESPN and CBSSports? How do you address this?

I would treat it like a regular game unless Brady or anyone is seriously banged up and a week off would really benefit them. I dont see any problem with winning and getting the #3 seed, with the possibility of going to SD in the divisional round. If we're going to win a SB we would probably have to go through there anyway so why not do it in the divisional round? We are playing our best football of the year right now, why not want to play the best?

So NFL.com, or just the NFL, are a bunch of clowns... on top of ESPN and CBSSports? How do you address this?

By doing the work myself. Just do it yourself. It's not hard.

The first tie-breaker is head-to-head.

Baltimore beat Denver.

What more do you need to know?

Last edited:
I would treat it like a regular game unless Brady or anyone is seriously banged up and a week off would really benefit them. I dont see any problem with winning and getting the #3 seed, with the possibility of going to SD in the divisional round. If we're going to win a SB we would probably have to go through there anyway so why not do it in the divisional round? We are playing our best football of the year right now, why not want to play the best?

The thing is, we get the #3 seed if Cincy loses as well, no matter what happens against Houston. The game is almost irrelevant for the Patriots unless Cincy really tries hard for the 3 seed.

No matter how long the starters play, the pats won't lie down like the Colts did. The Pats have alot of young players on the team, and ending the season 4-0 will help the team as a whole.

The thing is, we get the #3 seed if Cincy loses as well, no matter what happens against Houston. The game is almost irrelevant for the Patriots unless Cincy really tries hard for the 3 seed.

You would have to think they are going to try and win and gain some momemtum for the playoffs, they lost to SD last week and didnt look so great today against KC

You would have to think they are going to try and win and gain some momemtum for the playoffs, they lost to SD last week and didnt look so great today against KC

I guess I can see the Jets losing this game. In fact, I'd welcome it.

Sanchez looked like he was scared out there today. I really feel sorry for him with that ferocious D bearing down on him like that. :)

I say go for the win. Laying down is a pretty gutless move and doesn't inspire confidence. Get the momentum rolling for the playoffs. If you get a safe lead then pull Brady in the 4th, but not before then.

Injured guys rest, but starters play.

NE@HOU
CIN@NYJ

Both Cincinnati and New England have reason to play their starters and try to win the game. The third seed is up for grabs. I like the Patriots chances of winning against the Texas than the Bengals against the Jets. Cincinnati has been less reliant on throwing the ball. But Palmer hasn't been that good this season anyways, so the Jets will focus on stopping Benson. While Houston has to hope that they can takeaway either Moss or Welker from Brady and force him to find a third receiver to throw to. That will probably be Watson or Edelman.

I was right.

That is ONLY the case if the Pats WIN and hold the 3rd seed. If the Pats LOSE and hold the 4th seed, then they would play the Jets based on your scenario... Since the Jets would have the benefit of the record over common opponents...

In the words of Herm Edwards, "You play to win the game!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye