PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY: Crable to the 53-man roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Crable be on the report saying something like

Crable-Probable (chipped rim)

Cunningham, sure. I could compete with Nikovich for playing time.

If Crable surpasses TBC, I'll be more amazed than us winning the super bowl. Not to say TBC is a great talent or anything, but Crable is as low as any active player can be on this roster. If his position wasn't so needed, I doubt he'd even be here. I wouldn't be saying he's about to start anytime soon, or we're in business if he picks things up.

I think his playing time will steadily climb until he becomes the starter. Just when he starts playing pro bowl caliber outside linebacker he will have a career ending injury.

Sorry to say but Crable to my eyes played soft.

Sorry to say but Crable to my eyes played soft.
He hasn't played football in 3 years, and he just started practicing last week. A little perspective goes a long way.

So we were able to divine from his handful of defensive snaps that he played soft.

God, that's why I love this forum.

So we were able to divine from his handful of defensive snaps that he played soft.

Well did you ever consider that's WHY he played ONLY a "handful of defensive snaps?"

As fans, we can only critique what we see on the field.

Well did you ever consider that's WHY he played ONLY a "handful of defensive snaps?"

He played a handful of snaps because he just came off the practice squad.

It was notable that he was even activated for the game at all.

He was a ghost. He has been here for 3 years. ****, without this thread tellin me I didn't even know he made a tackle. Point is, 3 years down the line and the best we could hope for is him to make a game appearance where he did nothing? It's gonna be a while before this guy does anything to impress, until than it's hard to feel excited about him.

He was a ghost. He has been here for 3 years. ****, without this thread tellin me I didn't even know he made a tackle. Point is, 3 years down the line and the best we could hope for is him to make a game appearance where he did nothing? It's gonna be a while before this guy does anything to impress, until than it's hard to feel excited about him.

The point of JB's first post wasn't to say Crable played well or that he is going to be a stud. He was simply saying that the guy saw the field for the first time since 2007 and didn't even have the benefit of a preseason.

If ever there were some snaps that won't tell you much, these would be it.

Last edited:
The point of JB's first post wasn't to say Crable played well or that he is going to be a stud. He was simply saying that the guy saw the field for the first time since 2007 and didn't even have the benefit of a preseason.

Precisely. It's hard to tell much, if anything, about him from six whole snaps when he hasn't seem game conditions in... well, a really, really long time.

With all the setbacks he's had, I'm really rooting for the guy.

Yeah, I get that. I just have about as much hope for him as I do Wheatley, Wilhite, etc.:bricks:

More Reiss (bolds mine):

"I charted Crable on the field for nine snaps, which included one false start penalty on the offense. His role was straight-forward as part of the team's dime package (6 defensive backs), mainly as a rusher. So we didn't see him in a true edge-setting type situation in the 3-4 alignment. I thought he accounted well for himself in limited opportunities."

New England Patriots Mailbag: How to fix the sagging defense - ESPN Boston

The longest journey begins with a single step. Good luck Shawn.

Amen. He likely won't be a instant sensation, but his athletic ability should eventually result in at least a more qualified backup than the Ninkovich, Woods, Murrel triumvirate.

If he and Cunningham develop to go with TBC, the OLB issue is on the way to resolution.

On an allied topic, I have yet to see anything from White on ST, that puts him superior or even equal to Woods or Aiken, on either ST or regular Defense though.

Amen. He likely won't be a instant sensation, but his athletic ability should eventually result in at least a more qualified backup than the Ninkovich, Woods, Murrel triumvirate.

If he and Cunningham develop to go with TBC, the OLB issue is on the way to resolution.

On an allied topic, I have yet to see anything from White on ST, that puts him superior or even equal to Woods or Aiken, on either ST or regular Defense though.

Maybe it's just me, but I see T. White pop up all the time on special teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back