PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY: Crable to the 53-man roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SMY Reporting Crable to the 53man Roster

What injuries has Crable had??? I realize he has never played a real down:eek:.

good potential??

I for one am praying for an injury free season for crable. We really need help on the outside. As unlikely as it seems sometimes you get help from unexpected places and crable isn't just playing for his spot he's playing for his career.....Having that said.....

.....Insert cliche' joke about crable here lol :p

:singing:

happy daze are here again!

He still has the potential to be a good player and a good pass rusher. After suffering through having to watch Burgess, Thomas, Woods and Ninkovich last year and Ninkovich and Murrell this year, I'd really like to see what Crable has. I expect him to get a lot of playing time on Sunday.

Let's see what Cunningham and Crable can add to the outside pass rush.

Lots of young talent on this version of Patriotys team that needs playing time to blossom.

Get Brady back to throwing accurately and not looking for Moss on every play. This team should be playoff bound. How far they go depends on how fast the youngsters "get it".

my source thinks he will only play on special teams W T F

put the BEAST in. It is not like he will be any worse than our weak LB corps

Shawn Crable - LB Sep. 24 - 8:59 pm et

Patriots signed OLB Shawn Crable off their practice squad.
He takes the roster spot vacated by Kevin Faulk's placement on year-ending injured reserve. Crable will play special teams if he's on the game-day 45.
Source: Boston Globe

Before everyone gets too excited, just remember that he might not be active for a while. He's only been practicing for a week or two after not playing football in years. They also might've put him on the 53 to prevent another team from signing him (might not make much sense though, since he was a free agent for all of TC and preseason).

Crable is a legend in his time there is no question he learned everything he knows about being a legend from one man...

Adam Seward

What injuries has Crable had??? I realize he has never played a real down:eek:.

good potential??

Thats a good question about the injuries. This was covered last night on Mohegan Sun Sportstonight. I believe it was Albert Breer who said on the show that "I interviewed him in the spring and he was running in the pool. He couldn't jog anywhere else because his body just couldn't take the pounding".

Not sure what that means. Knees ? Back? Anyone out there play a doctor on television, or at least stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night?

Last edited:

He still has the potential to be a good player and a good pass rusher. After suffering through having to watch Burgess, Thomas, Woods and Ninkovich last year and Ninkovich and Murrell this year, I'd really like to see what Crable has. I expect him to get a lot of playing time on Sunday.

y'all can chirp me if you want..... but I like Ninkovich:eek:

Edit- Brace has the Jamarcus Russell attitude. I hate that!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Thats a good question about the injuries. This was covered last night on Mohegan Sun Sportstonight. I believe it was Albert Breer who said on the show that "I interviewed him in the spring and he was running in the pool. He couldn't jog anywhere else because his body just couldn't take the pounding".

Not sure what that means. Knees ? Back? Anyone out there play a doctor on television, or at least stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night?

to me it sounds like shins and lower back from your summary.

Thnx for the report:)

The world is over! :) imagine mid he leads the team in sack this year ;)

All from a player who was cut before training camp, and wasn't picked up by another team, and is now on our active roster :)

How often does a young player who hasn't participated in a training camp, get signed to the active roster?

College Histpry...... no surprises:(

he was injured then. Wiki time take it w/ a grain. (Wikapedia= source)

"College career
Coin toss between Michigan and Penn State with Jake Long, Crable, Brandent Englemon, and Mike Hart of Michigan

Crable was a four-year letterman at the University of Michigan and was the team captain and Second-team All-American as a senior. As a freshman in 2003 was injured and missed entire season. In 2004 he played in nine games and contributed seven tackles, one tackle for loss, one sack and two pass breakups. In 2005 he played in and had 14 tackles, three tackles for loss, three sacks and three pass breakups. In 2006, he was Second-team All-Big Ten after starting eight games at outside linebacker (playing in all 13). He totaled 37 tackles with 10.5 tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks as well as three pass breakups, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery. In 2007 he played in all 13 games and made 12 starts at outside linebacker and made 90 tackles with 28.5 tackles for a loss (TLFs). He also forced four fumbles and had one fumble recovery and one pass breakup. He was named second-team All-Big Ten Conference for the second consecutive season. His 28.5 TFLs led the Big Ten Conference,[1] and it ranked second in the nation to George Selvie.[2]"

Was just reading up a little on the Crab man, and came across this tidbit which I haven't seen mentioned much around these parts lately.

Crable was a four-year letterman at the University of Michigan and was the team captain and Second-team All-American as a senior.

However, it was immediately followed by this.

As a freshman in 2003 was injured and missed entire season.

Good luck kid!

----------

Are u kidding me?! Beaten by one post!

Last edited:

y'all can chirp me if you want..... but I like Ninkovich:eek:

Edit- Brace has the Jamarcus Russell attitude. I hate that!!!!!!!!!!

I like Ninkovich and the other young LB's as well but there sure are growing pains. Gresh, on a segment called " x's and o's " broke down the film of LT's long run on an end around to Nink's side that went for about 25 yards during the Jets game. Nink wiffed on the tackle, and Brandon Spikes got absolutely pancaked by the TE ( I think it was Dustin Keller ). Either guy makes a play and the run goes for no gain. They explained in the segment that Mayo continues to have growing pains as well.

Love all the youth on defense, but I think we are just going to have to be patient at times.

Everybody back on the bandwagon. Any chance he dresses and has a pass rush attempt this weekend?

Personally I've always thought he's a physical freak (don't knock the calves) with exceptional speed. We'll see if he does anything, but I'm excited by the prospect of another young pass rusher.

The invisible man is back? I didn't even notice when he was gone. How are we supposed to tell when he's here again? :p

This is Bill's answer to the defensive problems. This is pure genius, the Bill's will be held to 10 points or less in this game.

This will be due more to the inept suckitude of Trent Edwards and the Bills than anything the Pats actually have to do on defense. :)

Last edited:

My prediction 2 and half sacks for Crable 5 tackles and a fumble recovery returned for a touchdown print it!

my prediction 5 tackles

my prediction inactive

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye