PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Slighty OT, For the Brits Amongst Us...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Slighty OT, For the Brits Amongst Us..

No TV deal for us in the UK for MNF:mad:
Cue Monday at midnight searching the net for streams

Bit of a kick in the teeth that. They say MNF unlikely to appear at least during the first month, so there's still hope for later.

This news will probably push some people away from watching anything on tv, and instead getting Gamepass (or other internet streams) where they can watch their own team each week. Can't be good for the growth they were looking for.

No MNF? Complete utter bull crap, Alistair Kirkwood should be sacked. Pathetic.

Great way to grow the sport over here, by taking away 3 games a week. And to think Peter King was talking about the 'London Jaguars' in his MMQB column.

The economic climate has done us in and the fact ESPN are now direct competitors to Sky over here now has had alot to do with no MNF IMO. We can only speculate the details but it's not hard to see why Sky wouldn't want ESPN broadcasts on their screens or ESPN showing games at the same time as them. They hold every other slot they used too apart from no interactive games so maybe they actualy hold the rights to MNF here but are chosing not to do anything with it....

I still think we should be grateful for what we do have, it's still quite alot of games and basically the same if you didn't have the red button. Kirkwood should have chosen his words a bit better though because it's certainly not the improvement he said we'd have. Also says Total Access will air 5 days a week, hopefully they don't cut it back again...

I'll be using GamepassHD then. Just hook up the laptop to a HDTV and you are away.

NFL:TA is crap over here anyway, they cut out any sponsored segments and you are basically left with half an hour of programming.

Looks like we lost Gameday with Eisen, Mooch and Prime. That was my favourite show of the week out of anything. Therefore i'll pay for Gamepass and have NFL Network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News