Welcome to PatsFans.com

Sirius Radio hosts comparing Cassel to Rob Johnson

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I am not too familiar with what Rob Johnson did with Jax and Buffalo but I believe he sat on the bench in Jax a few years before starting in 1997 due to an injury to Brunell and played a half a season and the next year 1998 was traded to Buffalo for some draft picks

I can't really compare the journeys of these two guys and its too early to really rate Cassel yet and even if they did have similar careers thus far Cassel is a FA in 2009 unless re-signed before then and he can go anywhere he wants if he proves he can be an NFL #1 QB by the end of this season like Johnson did.

How this comparison they came up with still bewilders me- I think they are not comparable
  2. Cannon Arm

Cannon Arm Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

They were both laughing their asses off as USC beat Ohio State on Saturday.

They both had above average mobility, I guess, but Jesus, Rob Johnson? God help us if we're calling Matt Cassel "Robo-sack."
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  3. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Johnson was drafted 99th after slipping well below projections following a Heisman hyped college season.

He spent 3 years in another system and got a chance to start the last 8 games, then got traded and bombed in another. Just ask Flutie how they compare...who by the way likes Cassel...

Apples and grapefruits. Buffalo trading a first and 4th for him would be a nice if not for the fact he's a pending UFA...

I thought Sirius was supposed to be superior...
  4. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +802 / 8 / -10

Disable Jersey

Rob Johnson was a China Doll QB, "made of glass". The owner forced his starting ahead of Flutie. When Flutie started for the Bills, the Bills won a vast majority of the time. When Rob Johnson started, most often the Bills lost. Bills fans saw no correlation here. Reminds me of those Pats fans in 2001 who claimed "no correlation" with the Pats winning with Brady and losing with Bledsoe.
  5. Jacky Roberts

Jacky Roberts Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Cassel was Leinart's backup in college. Yesterday, Cassel started and Leinart backed up Kurt Warner.

Irony.
  6. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

It is, but it does have its knuckleheads and the occasional idiocy. But there is no comparison, IMO.

The biggest knucklehead is Wilcox, I hate that smug F**k! :mad:
  7. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0

Are you sure they didn't say Brad Johnson? As I said right from the beginning there's a long line of average QBs who did enough to allow their team to win the SB - and Brad Johnson's a pretty good example.

If they were talking about something of that nature it was probably Brad Johnson

He wasn't a starter in college either for that matter
  8. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

ROB Johnson NOT BRAD
  9. p8ryts

p8ryts Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Rob Johnson got sacked all the time and was not a tough QB. He had talent but not the head or the heart.
  10. MetalBleachers

MetalBleachers Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, by all accounts he was disliked and couldn't lead his team. Yesterday they showed a clip of the Pats' last win w/out Brady, which I believe was vs. the Bills in 2000. IIRC, the Pats knocked out Johnson, but then Flutie came in and played his head off in a snowstorm (immune to the weather due to his CFL days). Pats lucky to win that one.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.