PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Silver column - After SD Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This is a great column. It proves my theory that the rest of the NFL hates the Patriots. You can almost hear Silver frothing at the mouth.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...slug=ms-morningrush091707&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Silver is a jock stiffing hack but it was refreshing to see such a clear description of how the Patriots are perceived. Some columnists try to sugar coat it, the truth is the Patriots are enemy #1,2 &3.

Also Brady took a clear shot at Silver and LT in his WEEI interview, something to the effect that certain 'classy' players should do less talking and more winning.

Go Patriots, lets hope we keep making the rest of the NFL 'throw up in their mouths' !

Someone needs to collect all of LT's quotes and post them here so we can all send them to Silver with the subject line: "NFL's classiest"

I'm not joking.

Wow. What a hate filled column. I simply can't believe that people stay up at night worrying about the Pats.

Last edited:
The Patriots segment belongs
behind glass in Canton.

Edited excerpts:

Morning Rush: Defiant and dominant

By Michael Silver, Yahoo! Sports
September 17, 2007

In a three-hour thrashing that was sheer torture for anyone outside the New England area, Ex-pat Pats fans excepted, Bill Belichick and his defiant band of merry pranksters took down the team regarded as the NFL's most talented Sunday night and affirmed their status as the franchise to beat in 2007.

As if that didn't make millions of people nauseous enough, when it was all over Belichick got a hug and a game ball from his boss and a rowdy ovation from his players. Dramamine, anyone?

The Patriots' dominance was swift, merciless and utterly untenable for the large group of people – recently expanded to include everyone who abhors rule-breaking coaches – that hoped to see New England gets its comeuppance before God, John Madden and 68,756 fans, many of whom celebrated their good fortune by chanting at the league's classiest superstar, "LT Sucks!"

And Belichick, the coach who'd just been popped for ordering an employee to videotape opposing coaches in the team's season-opening victory over the New York Jets last Sunday, incurring a $500,000 personal fine from NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and costing his team another $250,000 and a first-round draft choice (presuming the Pats make the playoffs, which is like assuming USC will play in a bowl game)?

He was the Hero In the Hoodie, beginning with the warm ovation he received before the game, cheers he uncharacteristically acknowledged with a wave to the adoring masses. Shortly thereafter, news broke on ESPN.com of a contract extension that ties Belichick to the team through the 2013 season; the arrangement actually was agreed to some time ago, but the timing of the story was full of "Cheaters Do Prosper" overtones.

Then, after watching his new-look Patriots dismantle a Chargers team from which they stole a playoff game in January, Belichick repaired to his locker room and got that game ball from Pats owner Robert Kraft.

.... and it reached a crescendo as veteran linebacker Tedy Bruschi screamed, "How do we all feel about playing for Bill Belichick?"

"Oh yeah!" the players screamed.

Oh no! most of you are now yelling at your computer screen.

If you were neutral about the Pats before this scandal, you strongly disliked them in its aftermath. If you disliked them already, you flat-out detested them when it hit. ....

.... and do-everything defensive dynamo Adalius Thomas (a 65-yard interception return for touchdown on which the 270-pounder outraced San Diego wide receivers to the end zone).

Now consider that New England's best defensive player, Richard Seymour, is out at least four more games while stuck on the physically unable to perform list following left knee surgery, and its star cornerback, Asante Samuel, is just being worked back into the lineup after a long holdout. Uh oh.
[Hey, Silver! Aren't you forgetting Rodney? See ya Week 5.
And Dave Thomas? Any day now.]

The decisiveness with which the Pats dispatched the Chargers on Sunday night was especially sobering, given San Diego's perceived status as a member of the Big Three (along with the Colts, who eked out a road victory over the Tennessee Titans). ....

"They really gave it to us tonight," Tomlinson said after the game as he dressed alone at his locker. ....

Asked if he felt the Patriots were now the team to beat, Tomlinson nodded and said, "Yeah, I think that's fair to say. They're an excellent team. They proved it tonight. We've got a long way to go."

So do the mysterious ways of karma, a cynic might note. From the sight of Jets coach Eric Mangini, the former Pats defensive coordinator perceived in Boston as the narc who got Belichick busted, squirming on the sidelines while watching his team drop a close one to the Baltimore Ravens to the sound throughout the second half of fans getting their "LT Sucks" on (demonstrating why certain members of the local populace are often dismissed by chafed outsiders as "M*******s"), it was a horrible, horrible night for everyone who wanted the unseen scales of righteous justice to land on the backs of the Pats.

In the end, the moral of the Pats' story seemed to be: Sticks and stones will break your bones, and cheaters always proper. For the capper, as he headed out into the cool New England night, Brady delivered a chilling quote that the nation of newly minted Belichick bashers won't be very happy to hear.

"I think we've got a long way to go; I really do," he said, frowning. "This can get better."

You know what that means: Time to stock up on Dramamine.

My letter to Michael Silver:

Mr. Silver,

Thanks for keeping the latest Patriots brouhaha at least somewhat "real." My comment is about LT and his reign as "classiest superstar." I think he's a fantastic talent, and I think it's lame, albeit understandable, that the Foxboro Faithful took their gleeful post-game out on a guy who sounds, generally, like a good person. But this idea that LT is somehow untouchably decent, his cup "runneth-ing" over with etiquette, springing dignity leaks this way and that, is laughable. He talked smack ALL WEEK - we'd beat them 9 times out of 10, if they ain't cheatin', they ain't tryin'. His calling out the Pats celebrating on THEIR field last January, after his buddy Merriman talked incessantly ("I'm gonna punch Brady in the mouth" was but one gem from this genius) and also CELEBRATED with his little dance following a freakin' HURRY in the first half of the playoff game.

I mean, it's easy to pile on (see "the World right now"), but this idea that LT is the second-coming of all things nice and "right" is silly. The Patriots RARELY, if ever, "talk," and the Chargers, LT included, do so without end. And I think the chance you take when you say stuff like "If we played 10 times, we'd beat them 9," is that you got smacked down a little - AFTER. To somehow whine then seems, well...unseemly - it is not just obnoxious to say, it is FOOLISH to say. And the last thing it is is classy. LT needs to grow up. At some point people outside of New England will start to notice the two-faces of a great back who can't take the aftermath, but clearly loves the run-up.

Stay classy, San Diego. But first maybe, ya know...GET classy.

Wow, Must be great to be payed to write a fanblog on yahoo sports and act like you are a proffessional columnist.

Last edited:
This CRAP where LT talks smack all week and then, in the face of humbling defeat, acts all humble is a JOKE. THIS is what defines "classy?" REALLY? How 'bout shut the F up all week so you don't set yourself up to look some goodamn ridiculous, you little punk. Nothing worse than a guy who CLAIMS to be classy and only is when it's convenient or there's no other choice.

I love the hate, bring it baby !!

We used up some and we need some more TACKLIN FUEL

In the end, the moral of the Pats' story seemed to be: Sticks and stones will break your bones, and cheaters always proper.

Do cheaters always proper or prosper?

Man.. the hate, I can feel it.
What a tool

:singing: What a joke........... The only thing missing was a BB comparison to Hilter and all the players, coaches and fans to the Riech.

Did you guys see this at the bottom of the Silver article?:

• Hey, Terrell Owens, that football-as-video-camera routine by the goalpost? Tremendous, definitely your best TD celebration since the Sharpie, and right up there with Chad Johnson's CPR routine and Steve Smith's diaper change as the funniest of the last few years.

My letter to Michael Silver:

Mr. Silver,

Thanks for keeping the latest Patriots brouhaha at least somewhat "real." My comment is about LT and his reign as "classiest superstar." I think he's a fantastic talent, and I think it's lame, albeit understandable, that the Foxboro Faithful took their gleeful post-game out on a guy who sounds, generally, like a good person. But this idea that LT is somehow untouchably decent, his cup "runneth-ing" over with etiquette, springing dignity leaks this way and that, is laughable. He talked smack ALL WEEK - we'd beat them 9 times out of 10, if they ain't cheatin', they ain't tryin'. His calling out the Pats celebrating on THEIR field last January, after his buddy Merriman talked incessantly ("I'm gonna punch Brady in the mouth" was but one gem from this genius) and also CELEBRATED with his little dance following a freakin' HURRY in the first half of the playoff game.

I mean, it's easy to pile on (see "the World right now"), but this idea that LT is the second-coming of all things nice and "right" is silly. The Patriots RARELY, if ever, "talk," and the Chargers, LT included, do so without end. And I think the chance you take when you say stuff like "If we played 10 times, we'd beat them 9," is that you got smacked down a little - AFTER. To somehow whine then seems, well...unseemly - it is not just obnoxious to say, it is FOOLISH to say. And the last thing it is is classy. LT needs to grow up. At some point people outside of New England will start to notice the two-faces of a great back who can't take the aftermath, but clearly loves the run-up.

Stay classy, San Diego. But first maybe, ya know...GET classy.

You can add this:
"They really gave it to us tonight," Tomlinson said after the game as he dressed alone at his locker. "It's obviously frustrating, but that's football. You're tested in many ways beyond your physical attributes, and this is a test for us. We have to bounce back from it."

Dear Mr. Silver: Nice description of Ladyinhim Tomlinson being all alone, which is supposed to dredge up sympathy. But how could he have been alone if he was talking to you? Weren't there other reporters there? Besides that, don't most adults dress alone, or does Tomlinson usually have someone else there to help him?

Thanks for villianizing an entire team full of decent guys. You're neat.

Sincerely,
The Guy Who Will Cuss You Out If He Ever Sees You In Person

. And if you watched Sunday's game, you now feel about them the way Rosie O'Donnell feels about Donald Trump.

Silver = Rosie O'Donnell

Sounds about right.

R

m*******s, I only thought that was what people in new Hampshire thought of us

LT gets such a free pass from the national media. He is anything but classy.

How did this reputation of LT being the classiest star in the game even get started??

How did this reputation of LT being the classiest star in the game even get started??
Largely because he keeps repeating it :D - that's how it continues anyway.

Last edited:
I was at the game last night and at no time did the crowd cheer "LT SUCKS".. They booed the crap out of S. Merriman..

And the fact people support the coach shouldn't be held against us. They got caught and are penalized for it.. Now we are supporting them..
Society teaches us to forgive and stand by sinners.. Aren't we doing that now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back