PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Signs, if any, that Brady is slowing due to age?

OK, seriously. from a 47 year old on aging.

1) I'm sure Brady is slower than he was at twenty. If he used to do a 5 second 40 yard dash it is probably now 5.5 seconds.

2) When he was younger a game on Sunday meant he was ready to go by Wednesday. Now it is probably Thursday.

3) While he is not smarter, per se, he is more experienced. I'm not saying he sees a defense and thinks "that's just like the Steelers in '06." I'm saying he remembers the solution to what may have flustered him without always knowing why he knows the answer. Pattern recognition of the subconscious can be weird sometimes.

1 was never a part of his game. (When Vick looses a step it will be huge, Brady ...)
2, other than a Monday-Thursday turnaround, is irrelevant.
3 is the part that has an effect. (And, yes, any Manning apologists, that applies to any "pocket passer" and includes Peyton - even in the playoffs:) )

2) When he was younger a game on Sunday meant he was ready to go by Wednesday. Now it is probably Thursday.

The problem is when too much lingers from week to week.

Obviously, professional football players do a great job of adapting to and playing through most minor injuries. But sometimes there are exceptions, and perhaps more so at the accuracy-oriented position of QB. (For example, QBs can be rendered wholly ineffective by finger or thumb injuries that other guys would barely be affected by.)

Hasn't Brady been on the injury list for all but two weeks of his career as a a starter? The man's shoulder has apparently taken 12 years to heal, so don't let that issue darken your day.:)

beat me to it

That non-throwing shoulder has been plaguing him, I tell ya, just plaguing him. Lord only knows how good he could have been... :)

He is ageing but he is gaining experience so today it's a wash. He doesn't throw the long bomb much any more but then he doesn't have the receivers.

Since Brady, the longest this team's gone between Super Bowl appearances has been the 3 years between 2008 and 2012 (2007/2011 regular seasons). We're now 1 year out from our last appearance... if we're not in at least 1 of the next 2... OMG, he's definitely lost a step :)

Okay yeah in terms of pure physical skills, crap, why didn't he stay 27? The bastid.

Sandals and socks.[/QUOTE

1.Sneakers and dark socks
2.Whitee socks and loafers.
3. Speedo

________
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
- Thomas Jefferson

Brady is not a physical qb like favre and elway, who really relied on their strong arms. Brady is more cerebral.

Deep ball accuracy has very little to do with arm strength.

I understand what you are saying but if you don't have the arm strength to throw the ball far enough then isn't that a 'long ball accuracy' issue too?

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the people's liberty's teeth."
- George Washington

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back