PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sign the Beast(s) XXXI -- CB Contingency plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bottom line is that this is how it's usually reported for all players, although I agree with you that there's a difference between "real" guaranteed money.

As @Sciz pointed out, this may very well have been the difference in the Revis negotiations.

IMO the difference was that we would have made Revis earn more of the money where the Jets just gave it to him to make a statement, real number amounts were probably similar.

Id settle for a trade for anything at this point.

Hey

Change your jersey number :)

<---------

Uggghhh.

Already had to change my sig. Forgot about the jersey #.

Haden signed a 5/68 deal, whereas Revis signed a 5/70 deal.

Which player would you rather have if you're Bill Belichick?

Well go look at the way Haydens contract is structured.

Yeah, Id rather have Revis for the next year or two, but after that, I'm pretty sure Hayden will the better player, and the better deal, especially seeing he can be cut after 2017 with little damage.

Last edited:
saw culliver mentioned, didnt he run someone over with his car? pass

I'm all in on the Tramaine Williams train at this point.

He's the best of what's left in my opinion. 3 INTs+ in 6/7 seasons.

We brought back Stallworth after he killed a man while driving drunk, who knows.

time to call crazy man greg hardy!:D pass rush will help out secondary plus we need another rusher since ninko/jones play all of the snaps

Have you watched any GB games lately? Willliams is toast and can't cover anymore.

time to call crazy man greg hardy!:D pass rush will help out secondary plus we need another rusher since ninko/jones play all of the snaps

I definitely agree that DE is still a need, even though we have Nink/Jones, but I just don't see them ponying up for Greg Hardy--and that's not even bringing up the fact that he's currently not allowed to play in the NFL, or the fact that he's a known woman beater.

Not a fan of Williams at this point in his career. He gave up the game losing TD against Seattle in the NFC championship game against the average Kearse.

I still think BB can get the saints to trade us Keenan Lewis, as he wants out and the Saints have cap problems. Maybe a fourth or fifth round pick seals the deal?

Have you watched any GB games lately? Willliams is toast and can't cover anymore.

No one left....the market is dried up, and I don't think there was much to begin with.

At least Williams had 14/15/15 passes defended in his last 3 years, with 10 total turnovers.

I'm not sold on Chris Culliver, if that's what you're suggesting.

I'm not really sold on anyone, for that matter. I don't see anyone left.

No one left....the market is dried up, and I don't think there was much to begin with.

At least Williams had 14/15/15 passes defended in his last 3 years, with 10 total turnovers.

I'm not sold on Chris Culliver, if that's what you're suggesting.

I'm not really sold on anyone, for that matter. I don't see anyone left.
The reality is pretty much everyone on the market sucks except for Browner and I that ship has sailed.

In all seriousness, I wonder when Belichick really realized that Revis wasn't coming back.

That's a million dollar question we're not likely to know the answer to.

The reality is pretty much everyone one the market sucks except for Browner, and I think that ship has sailed.

I hate to start with the trade speculation, but I really don't see many other options, unless we're going to ride or die via the draft/who's on the team currently.

At the moment, we're down to a bunch of 3rd stringers and slot guys, especially since Browner seems to be gone (or there's no use for anymore, depending upon opinion).

He may have really underestimated Revis's desire to return to the Jets and miscalculated. This might not be part of some plan.

Not a fan of Williams at this point in his career. He gave up the game losing TD against Seattle in the NFC championship game against the average Kearse.

I still think BB can get the saints to trade us Keenan Lewis, as he wants out and the Saints have cap problems. Maybe a fourth or fifth round pick seals the deal?

lewis would be a nice alternative. saints are letting everyone go, send them a 5th rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back