PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SI writer playoff predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
NFL playoffs, Super Bowl XLVI predictions by SI.com contributors - NFL - SI.com

They all predict either NE or Balt in the AFC and GB or NO in the NFC, with the choices between each pair being pretty evenly split.

They almost all pick the NFC team to win.

They almost always predict the conference championship games as NE-Balt and GB-NO, but Pitt gets one nod over NE, NY gets one over NO, and SF gets one over NO as well.

Last edited:
Damon Hack is The Man!

i think it's NE or BALT vs giants or GB

i don't see pitt having enough health, i don't see denver winning against grownups on the road, and i don't see houston as having the qb situation you want, going into the playoffs

bengals.....too young

as for the nfc, GB i think will elevate a bit on defense in the playoffs
giants are a crap shoot, but they are seasoned.

atl i believe will fail once again as a road team

New Orleans has the ability to win it all, i just think they'll have another one of those weird games again like they did vs the rams and seahawks.

detroit actually ain't a bad darkhorse pick, but they're also young, i'm not sure they're ready for primetime.

sf i also paint as too young

of the young teams though, sf would be the one who is probably a tougher out than detroit and definitely tougher than cincy, i say this because sf's D is pretty damn good , but again, they'd need to get hfa which means they'll need someone to knock off GB in the div round IMO.

They all predict either NE or Balt in the AFC and GB or NO in the NFC, with the choices between each pair being pretty evenly split.

And yet here at PatsFans.com, every negative comment from any reporter anywhere is played up to the hilt, leaving the impression that this team is totally "disrespected" and that "everybody's counting us out!" :p

I know, it's more fun to root for a scrappy underdog. But the fact is that the media has the Patriots as one of the clear favorites to make it to the Superbowl...and the only AFC team anybody is picking to win it all. Sorry!

(The REAL disrespect victim is the 49ers. 13-3, probably the best defense in the league, and almost nobody even picks them to make it to the conference finals. The Saints offense is formidable, but a dome team on the road? Don't you think SF has a chance?)

I'd prefer all the sports writers and analyst pick against the Pats. Just makes me feel better:cool:

Last year they picked Green Bay and New England to meet in the Super Bowl. Obviously they got half the equation right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes