PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SI Ranks the Wide Recievers

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's weird is that I didn't see Jabar Gaffney on that list anywhere.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but to me this list helps to illustrate how ridiculous Branch was being in his demands. Seattle gave him a deal that makes him paid among the top five of wide recievers. Then you look at this list and Branch is ranked at 18, and when you actually look at it it seems Branch is ranked WAY to highly. There are easily 20 wide receivers I would take over Branch. I hope Seattle realizes how foolish they were to give up a number one pick for him and a deal that makes him paid among the top 5 WRs in the league.

Last edited:
Apparently Johnson is a top 25 NFL WR without having played in the NFL yet? What the hell? This list is terrible. And Roy Williams isn't better than Marvin.

As someone said the list is who he think will have the best production next season. So it's really a prediction.

Please.

You do realize that Welker was the leading receiver on the team last year, don't you.

Welker was 2nd in yards beating Chambers by 10 yards and tied for 4th in TDs. I hardly constitute that as our best receiver.

I agree that Holt and Wayne are too low, and Driver is far too high. Oddly enough with Driver, he was beat out by the guy just behind him two years ago. Does anyone think that Walker wouldn't have a *lot* better stats if he had Favre throwing the ball to him last year?

That said, I do give the guy some credit for ranking Steve Smith first. Smith is the total package. People forget, but this was a guy who was the Cats' only passing option in 2005, frankly their only real offensive weapon of any kind (please don't say that terrible Foster was a "weapon"). Despite this, he completely destroyed his competition. With the other teams consistently double teaming him he still was putting up an 8 catch 112 yard with TD game every week. IMHO, he was hands down the best player at any position that year.

If Smith were on the Pats, 99% of the people here would livid if he wasn't #1.

You're right.

Welker was 2nd in yards beating Chambers by 10 yards and tied for 4th in TDs. I hardly constitute that as our best receiver.

Who is going to replace him?

Who is he replacing?

The answer to both is "no one."

You can speculate, but that's all it is. It is so much better to replace no one with Welker that to have no one to replace him.

Chambers is completely overrated. He dogs it every bit as much as Moss has been accused of dogging it and his production last year was a disgrace. A HUGE drop off from 2005 in yardage and TDs. Plus he's had just one 1,000 yard season in six years. What exactly am I supposed to be impressed by?

What I find humorous is that you completely disregarded the meat of my argument and found the one loophole - my misstating that Welker was the leading receiver in yardage - to exploit....

And you still did a lousy job.

So, by the stat angle, are you must be saying that Booker is Miami's best WR, right? He did lead Miami in yardage and TDs and was 4th in receptions. Plus he had the highest ypc on the team.

But wait, doesn't that ignore the fact that the guy is 30 years old and clearly on the downslope of his career? Are you really saying that you think Booker will outperform Welker over the next 4 years?

And you must be saying that Welker is better than Chambers because Chambers is behind Welker in yards and catches, only has a 1.2 ypc advantage despite being Miami's "big play" guy. The only stat he has a real advantage in is TDs and all but one of those came in the 4th quarter with the team down by two scores or more.

And your post completely ignored your asinine statement that implied that Ginn is a better WR than Welker.

I have no objection to you disagreeing with me, but at least try to pretend to put some thought into it.

i think many of u guys are missing the point

BASED ON 2007

this is how the guy who wrote the article THINKS THESE WRS WILL FARE THIS UPCOMING SEASON

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft