PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should Brady restructure (again) to free up cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"What have you done for me lately" at it's finest. Mankins never missed any game or even practice because of injury until he tore his ACL, and all of the other problems this past season were because he played on that ACL 6 months after surgery and had to push other parts of his body more to make up for the lack of strength in his knee. When a player goes six straight seasons without missing anything due to injury and then has one injury that still affects him far less than most players, then there's no way you can call him injury prone.

Him playing through injuries doesn't mean he is less injury prone. We lost both superbowls in part because of his injuries limiting him. Especially in 42 and 10 against the jets he was just tossed around like a rag doll and was a massive liability. You can have your most expensive and one of the most highly paid linemen in the nfl be a massive liability. He needs to always be a source of advantage.

Mankins is tough but he is undoubtedly injury prone. If he was able to play healthy all the time I wouldn't have as much issue with his contract but he is always hurt every year and it ends up costing us games.

he won't reconstruct...he wants the $$ and i don't blame him..he is nearing the end of his career.

If you read through the thread you would know that he gets the same money whether he restructures his contract or not. The only difference to him is he gets it sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft