PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sherman sounds off on Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd respect Cromartie a bit more if he finally memorized the names of his children.
I'll take Cromartie over a self-righteous "religious" NFL player, announcer or mediot who kisses Goodell's butt any day of the week.

Sherman was the first guy to shake Brady's hand after the Superbowl. Tom was still kneeling to clinch the game. Can be seen on most of those SB replays. For that, I can temper my dislike for his earlier obnoxious antics.

I came here to post the same thing. He thought after Gomer it was gonna be easy. He found out TB12 isn't Gomer and they weren't playing in Seattle. Pretty cool to see him speak up a bit. Part of me thinks his on "football" persona is a way for him to get up for games. Regardless, the difference between him and Mevis is quite startling. No wonder they didn't want to give Mevis' mom access. Her son is a grade A turd.

Please tell me Gomer is Peyton Manning and by that you mean Gomer Pyle.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports...-unfairly-treated-by-nfl-in-deflategate-flap/

Sometimes I forget this guy went to Stanford. Never really thought of the fines that way. Color me enlightened. 2 million dollar fine for Brady and a 1 million dollar fine for Kraft? What's up with that?

Did a lot better job then his old teammate Mevis who Brady carried on his back in the last game to get him that ring.

sherman's been very critical of NFL's hypocrisy. and this argument has been discussed many times.

but points well taken

Don't know if anyone noticed, but for the first few hours, the headline on ESPN was:

Sherman on DEFLATEGATE: Red Flags!

They don't even try to hide it anymore.

Players are beginning to realize that their Union is vulnerable and that the results of the Brady trial will impact them greatly.

They are smarter than fans online lusting that Brady burns in a thousand hells, oblivious that the next QB to get a Draconian punishment may be their QB.

Last edited:
What would be the most trollish forum name at the Seahawks site?

Crabtree

Sherman "defends" Brady?

If I'm ever wrongfully accused of something, I really hope **** Sherman doesn't come to my "defense."

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports...-unfairly-treated-by-nfl-in-deflategate-flap/

Sometimes I forget this guy went to Stanford. Never really thought of the fines that way. Color me enlightened. 2 million dollar fine for Brady and a 1 million dollar fine for Kraft? What's up with that?

Did a lot better job then his old teammate Mevis who Brady carried on his back in the last game to get him that ring.
Revis did plenty in the last game and all season. Yeah, he allowed a TD in the game, but he was obstructed on the play and he silenced his receiver the rest of the game. No disrespect to you. I just get so irritated by these types of comments because Revis was the best corner in the game again last season. Stop being salty (in general) because the man chose to walk. He's always been a mercenary. And, sorry, but you can be that when you're as good at your craft as he is at his. I mean, honestly, can any of my brethren on this board say that they feel better not having Revis than having him? I can't. I would love to have him in our uniform again. It just did not work out that way. We have to move on.

As far as Sherman, he's a loudmouth, but the man is one of the most intelligent athletes I've listened to in my entire life. And, say what you want about him, he's genuine. He speaks his mind and it rubs people the wrong way. A player as smart as Sherman understands that he must support Brady on this one. If more NFL players were smart and not bitter as hell that Brady got 'em again, they'd understand they should be speaking out in support of him. If the NFL were to win this case, NO OTHER PLAYER would be safe for the next six years of this BS CBA. Cromartie gets it. A few other players too. This is ultimately bigger than Tom Brady or the Patriots. It is truly about the integrity of the game, but not how Goodell views it.

With all that said, boy was I happy to see Sherman have to walk up to Brady to shake his hand as time expired. But you have to give Sherman credit for doing so when his teammates were trying to start a riot when the Pats were trying to kneel. Sherman was no part of that from what I could see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes