PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shawn Crable looks like a keeper

Status
Not open for further replies.
How Crable played against guys who will be working this summer at Home Depot is irrelevant. The NFL competition and specificly the NE Patriots is SO different a level.

Exactly! Home Depots training camp (NFL) rejects really are slouches. They are barely above Radio Shack nerds co-ed intermural league play.

Now if you are talking about Grossman lumber workers, they are some tough hombres! If Crable roughed up some of THOSE boys, then I would get excited. :rolleyes:

Although you probably think you are witty, you obviously don't know your Big Ten football.

Oh, the Big Ten? You mean that inferior conference?

What Crable did in college is irrelevant. We won't know if he's a "keeper" until the end of the season.

Oh, the Big Ten? You mean that inferior conference?

What Crable did in college is irrelevant. We won't know if he's a "keeper" until the end of the season.

College IS now irrelevant. But the college fanboys here resent being disabused of the notion. Probably have posters of The Crab in their bedrooms and...whatever.

College is irrelevant. Now, exactly how did you come up with that?
Give me a list of pro football players who didn't play in college?

Antonio Gates, Marcus Pollard...

Every single player taken in the NFL draft made impressive plays in college, or they wouldn't have been drafted. Not every player drafted contributes in the NFL.

Does the word "now" confound you? Apparently, it does!

i was ecstatic over the pick of crable this past draft
anyone know how he's been looking in camp?

Like a rookie...with an occasional flash of real talent.

He's looked good for a rook in camp. Go over to the Training Camp Forum here and read the "Dookfish" and the "Wicked Pissah" threads for details on The Crab.

Last edited:
Of course if he had done his job at the LOS, he would not have had to run 70 plus yards down field.

************. You must be a big hit at parties. That video was the most positive thing I watched regarding one of our draft picks. Of course, a Captain Xanax has to come into the thread and shoot it down. When I watched that video, I didn't think there was any way that someone could say something negative. But low and behold, I forgot that I post on PatsFans.

************. You must be a big hit at parties. That video was the most positive thing I watched regarding one of our draft picks. Of course, a Captain Xanax has to come into the thread and shoot it down. When I watched that video, I didn't think there was any way that someone could say something negative. But low and behold, I forgot that I post on PatsFans.

sports fans in general can be some of the greatest negative nancies and debby-downers. it must be expected

Reiss Aug 4:The session ended with a pad-crunching goal-line session. The ball was placed on the 2-yard line and the offense lined up with two backs, two tight ends, and one receiver. The defense crowded the box, so it was power on power. On the first play, quarterback Matt Cassel executed a nice play-action fake and hit Sam Aiken for a touchdown under the goal-posts (Jerod Mayo and Lewis Sanders were the closest defenders). The second play, a Laurence Maroney run over the left side in the direction of defensive lineman Santonio Thomas, was stopped by a nice defensive surge. A LaMont Jordan run over the right side was then stopped by another defensive surge, which had linebacker Adalius Thomas knocking fists with his fellow defenders after the stop. On the fourth play, Jordan rushed off the left side and was untouched as he scored (Shawn Crable seemed to miss his assignment). A Matt Gutierrez TD pass to Marcus Pollard followed that play (Eric Alexander & Crable were the closest defenders), while running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis made one cut and exploded in off the right side for a touchdown on the final play. So the offense was 4-of-6.

Not The Crab's best day

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes