PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shaun Ellis agrees to terms with Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel bad for Jets fans (for once)

imagine if one of our guys jumped over to the Jets outta nowhere. I'd be hurt too

gal_jets-coaches-3.jpg

curtis-martin_display_image.jpg

53341591.jpg

Been there, done that.

imagine if one of our guys jumped over to the Jets outta nowhere. I'd be hurt too

Looks like Bo Town answered your question. Was going to say Curtis Martin.

Great pickup for you guys. Devastated that this happened though, he deserved better from the Jets.

Great pickup for you guys. Devastated that this happened though, he deserved better from the Jets.

Doesn't everybody?

uh, no. Not one bit. Especially since they basically gave him a complete joke of an offer, vet min. To be quite honest, I hope he only has two good games, 10/9 and 11/13.

Love this pickup. Ellis has been making life miserable for us for the last 10 years. Great to have him aboard. :rocker:

Just curoius but what guys are you talking about that are 'way better than 85 has ever been'?

Admittedly, there are only a few guys in the league over the past few years that I'd consider better than 85's best. A. Johnson and R. Wayne are two of them, and Revis has made their lives pretty darn hard lately. Not to mention C. Johnson, R. White, and basically whoever else you can think of that's not quite as prime 85's level, but awful close.

Revis deserves his reputation, even if it does get exaggerated now and then. He can be tricked occasionally or planned around, but they're aren't a lot of guys who consistently get the better of him. I love it when it happens, though. I jumped out of my seat went Moss had that catch over him this past season.

To quote Bill Parcells "They wouldnt feel bad for you"

Love this pickup. Ellis has been making life miserable for us for the last 10 years. Great to have him aboard. :rocker:

Real glad he is on our team now! Reminds me of Bobby Hamilton.

Sure it has been said, but nice to have the Belichick pick back.

The Pats grabing off the Jester's scrap heap can definately be dissapointing, like last year with that Woodhead guy.

uh, no. Not one bit. Especially since they basically gave him a complete joke of an offer, vet min. To be quite honest, I hope he only has two GREAT games, 10/9 and 11/13.

There you go. ;)

OK. First, if we play a 43 instead of a 34 one of the OLBs becomes a DE, and we would only have, at most 3 traditional DL type guys on the field.
Second, 52 or 51? Really? When is the last time an NFL team played that?
Abd 90% of non goalline? We were in nickel/dime 57% of the time last year.

I'm guilty of typing that too fast. 434, 425, 416, 515, 524, 605, 506 - basically all of the non 3-4 defenses are going to as a group be played more then the 3-4 IMO.

I'm not sure how you are counting traditional OLB's - but if Cunningham has his hand down more then half the snaps, then he's functioning as a DL.

Why does playing a nickel or dime preclude a 4 man DL front? At the moment the team is deepest in the secondary and the DL, why wouldn't BB entertain using less LB's this year then the recent past?

I agree DaBruinz, too early for anyone to give up on Brace, he's showed some flashes and he provides great depth.

Flashes? Really? Who was he flashing?

He actually got in some games last year but that hardly constitutes a flash. And he seemed to have a new attitude toward cheeseburgers this off season. So who knows but I did not see any flashes.

Flashes? Really? Who was he flashing?

He actually got in some games last year but that hardly constitutes a flash. And he seemed to have a new attitude toward cheeseburgers this off season. So who knows but I did not see any flashes.
He played well when he was on the field last season.

Man, this makes me so happy!! Not only did we get a great pass rusher but we also won't facing him twice a year! It's a win all around! GFY Jests!

I'm guilty of typing that too fast. 434, 425, 416, 515, 524, 605, 506 - basically all of the non 3-4 defenses are going to as a group be played more then the 3-4 IMO.

I'm not sure how you are counting traditional OLB's - but if Cunningham has his hand down more then half the snaps, then he's functioning as a DL.

Why does playing a nickel or dime preclude a 4 man DL front? At the moment the team is deepest in the secondary and the DL, why wouldn't BB entertain using less LB's this year then the recent past?
A nickel would be a 4 man front. But we aren't going to play 5 man fronts. You said OVER 90% of our snaps would be in a 43, 52, 51. That would not be nickel, so we essenital would not have a nickel or dime package if what you said we correct. Perhaps I misunderstood. Again, though, we won't be lining up a 5 DL formation excpept in short yardage/goalline.

This is the best signing of all these transactions this offseason

This was one of the few Jets that never opened his mouth in bashing the Pats

Of course he hated us but seems to be a guy of class and said little about us in the past.

Our pass rush has quickly become 10x more forceful

$4M for one year is double the amount I would've offered him. That is very serious over-payment.

There goes whatever cap space we might've had.

$4M for one year is double the amount I would've offered him. That is very serious over-payment.

There goes whatever cap space we might've had.

I'd rather over-pay a bit for 1 year than have to give a guy his age a multi-year deal. And he reportedly had offers for multi-year deals.

We can clear cap space if needed. What positions are left that we have glaring needs at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe