PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shaquille O'Neal and Phil Jackson admitted they deflated game basketballs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice article, but I still will not buy into this "the tide is turning" mindset that people keep suggesting. There is no turning of the tide, the nfl and media raped us prison style infront of the whole world..

Saying the tide is turning is like victims of domestic violence saying their husband didn't mean to beat the piss out of them for the 50th time

What is this tide people talk about? lol

It's always gonna be a full moon. There's always gonna be a high tide of Patriot haters. F#ck em all.

I'm with you! We challenge any Patriots haters to come here...we're gonna jump your arse! ;)

I fixed your post. We can't say for certain whether or not Brady knew... but there certainly isn't any proof whatsoever that he orchestrated it. In a free country, that means he should walk as an innocent man. But in Goodell's NFL, it means that he's probably guilty and strip the team of a first rounder while you're at it.

Actually, since the refs never recorded the ball pressure pre-game, we don't even if the balls were under-inflated based on the half-time measurements.

Meanwhile, one ref was stealing one of the balls.....

So NBA rules dictate that the basketball must be between 7.5 and 8.5 PSI. And the officials are required to make sure that the balls are within spec.

RULE NO. 1—COURT DIMENSIONS—EQUIPMENT
Section II
f. (1) The ball shall be an officially approved NBA ball between 7½ and 8½ pounds pressure.
(2) Six balls must be made available to each team for pre-game warmup
RULE NO. 2—OFFICIALS AND THEIR DUTIES
Section II—Duties of the Officials
a. The officials shall, prior to the start of the game, inspect and approve all equipment, Including court, baskets, balls, backboards, timer’s and scorer’s equipment.
f. The crew chief shall be the official in charge

Source:
http://www.celticslife.com/2015/05/because-obviously-you-want-to-know-psi.html

I guess all those NBA champions of the past should have an "asterisk" placed next to their titles and/or their championships vacated? Where are the draft pick penalties?? Oh that's right, they don't have a clown show running the NBA.

I can only agree with the conclusion of the following article:
"The league could have instructed the refs to check up on the inflation of the Patriots’ footballs at halftime during the Lions, Packers or any other subsequent game in the regular season after they first played the Colts in November. Instead, they let the entire thing slide until it became a crisis that is now blowing up into a massive public relations disaster.

Meanwhile, the league has plenty of time to harass Marshawn Lynch about the color of his cleats. I really can’t believe the league is this much of an incompetent clown show but if it results in Roger Goodell losing his job, it will at least have a silver lining."

Source:
http://bgr.com/2015/01/23/deflategate-roger-goodell-nfl/

Only guy that got busted is ironically one of the few who didn't actually do it.

I guess we can declare ourselves Super Bowl victors in 2007 now!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/24/sports/football/eli-mannings-footballs-are-months-in-making.html

Why do I have a feeling Roger Goodell would be uncomfortble to have the NY Times return and examine the detailed ball preparations for all other teams.

He treats Jastremski and McNally's banter as proof they were up to no good - yet they don't talk about half as much detail as you see with Manning

Goodell convicted the Patriots on bad circumstantial information in a game that the lead official stated had no unusual ball deflation. I'm very disappointed that no one in the media has presented those simple facts and remind folks of all the ball "tampering" that they had no problem with before

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News