PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shaquille O'Neal and Phil Jackson admitted they deflated game basketballs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/06/shaq-and-phil-jackson-admit-they-deflated-basketballs

What's interesting is I think the tide is starting to turn and informed people are starting to speak up that this truly isn't even close to the egregious "offense" that it's being made out to be.

Hopefully the Court Jester Roger the Clown is listening.

And now I'm a little more annoyed at Kraft backing down than I was before I saw this story.

the tide is starting to turn

Not really, unfortunately. The tide isn't going to turn, despite people claiming that since before the Wells Report came out. People hate the Patriots and want to believe that they cheated and it was a horrible offense. So that's what they're going to believe, for the most part. The only way the tide turns in any meaningful way is if Brady takes this to court and wins, and even that won't change public perception as much as one would probably think.

****, there's still a ton of people out there who think the Pats taped the Rams walkhrough before the Super Bowl, and that is and always has been an unsourced rumor with no credibility behind it. If that doesn't prove how desperate for dirt some people are, I dunno what does.

the tide is starting to turn

Not really, unfortunately. The tide isn't going to turn, despite people claiming that since before the Wells Report came out. People hate the Patriots and want to believe that they cheated and it was a horrible offense. So that's what they're going to believe, for the most part. The only way the tide turns in any meaningful way is if Brady takes this to court and wins, and even that won't change public perception as much as one would probably think.

****, there's still a ton of people out there who think the Pats taped the Rams walkhrough before the Super Bowl, and that is and always has been an unsourced rumor with no credibility behind it. If that doesn't prove how desperate for dirt some people are, I dunno what does.

For sure.

The media drove this controversy but now I think the narrative is changing a bit toward more reasoned and objective opinion. Once the general public sees that I think they'll follow. Eventually.

Only guy that got busted is ironically one of the few who didn't have any proof that he actually did it.

I fixed your post. We can't say for certain whether or not Brady knew... but there certainly isn't any proof whatsoever that he orchestrated it. In a free country, that means he should walk as an innocent man. But in Goodell's NFL, it means that he's probably guilty and strip the team of a first rounder while you're at it.

I am so tired of these articles that show other players cheated. Yeah, yeah, we know everyone goes for an edge, will push the boundaries of the rules, etc. But there is ZERO factual evidence or proof that anyone on the NEP illegally tampered with the balls. Other players admitting they cheated is on them and should not be used to "justify" what people THINK the Pats/Brady did.

I am so tired of these articles that show other players cheated. Yeah, yeah, we know everyone goes for an edge, will push the boundaries of the rules, etc. But there is ZERO factual evidence or proof that anyone on the NEP illegally tampered with the balls. Other players admitting they cheated is on them and should not be used to "justify" what people THINK the Pats/Brady did.
There is zero evidence that the balls were even deflated at all. 100% of the numbers can be explained by which gauge was used, the temperature, rubbing process, rain, and in-game use.

cool and all but this is not relevant to Brady, Kraft, Belichick and Kraft's selling out of his team, players, and coaches for his beloved greenbacks....

It doesn't matter, unfortunately. No one's mind is going to be changed no matter who admits they did what. With all due respect to those who wishfully think the tide is turning, it isn't and it never will. No one wishes more fervently that it would and will be different, but it won't.

B-f4su0CQAAtpXB.jpg

What is this tide people talk about? lol

It's always gonna be a full moon. There's always gonna be a high tide of Patriot haters. F#ck em all.

Exactly...the damn tide has supposedly turned about 30 times already.

Don't care what the haters believe. Ever hear one? They're like monkeys. All they can do is type "you cheated" or "*", regardless of what facts they're brutalized with.

Once you realize the haters are the same people who last year were praying Peyton won a ring so they could lie and say he was the GOAT, then you'll totally stop giving a dusty **** about what haters say, believe, or spread around the internet.

Last edited:
To the haters, other people admitting that they deflated balls just increases the likelihood that Brady did.
Thats why these stories hurt brady more than help him frankly.Same with montana's comment. They all assume he did it.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/06/shaq-and-phil-jackson-admit-they-deflated-basketballs

What's interesting is I think the tide is starting to turn and informed people are starting to speak up that this truly isn't even close to the egregious "offense" that it's being made out to be.

Hopefully the Court Jester Roger the Clown is listening.

And now I'm a little more annoyed at Kraft backing down than I was before I saw this story.

Try posting this on the jets forum...first response you will get

"belicheat and the cheatriots*** are losers"

90% of fans will hate us forever and ever...will never change

Don't care what the haters believe. Ever here one? They're like monkeys. All they can do is type "you cheated" or "*", regardless of what facts they're brutalized with.

Once you realize the haters are the same people who last year was praying Peyton won a ring so they could lie and say he was the GOAT, then you'll totally stop giving a dusty **** about what haters say believe, or spread around the internet.

Someone on this board wanted Manning to win last year. "Hopefully he gets one more ring."

I fixed your post. We can't say for certain whether or not Brady knew... but there certainly isn't any proof whatsoever that he orchestrated it. In a free country, that means he should walk as an innocent man. But in Goodell's NFL, it means that he's probably guilty and strip the team of a first rounder while you're at it.
Science doesn't leave much room for deflation tbh. Not even trying to be a homer but there really isn't room for anyone to have deflated them. It was a flimsy science experiment though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots