PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour to Report on Saturday...Ready for Monday's game????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Seymour to Report on Saturday.. Ready for Monday's game????

Yeah, keep dreaming that one. :D :D :D

But, if it's all business, after all, like so many have asserted, why wouldn't that be the case?

Last edited by a moderator:

But, if it's all business, after all, like so many have asserted, why wouldn't that be the case?

Because, the only way he'll be near the team is if he buys a ticket to Gillette in a few years to watch our 1st round pick from Oakland star for the Patriots.

Last edited:

Boring, anti-climactic ending. He should have held out. It would have been much more interesting to follow.

Not a fan of the Pats huh?

Because, the only way he'll be near the team is if he buys a ticket to Gillette in a few years to watch our 1st round pick from Oakland star for the Patriots.

If he 'fails' the physical, the trade is voided and he's a member of the New England Patriots. Since it's all just business, I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem.

If he 'fails' the physical, the trade is voided and he's a member of the New England Patriots. Since it's all just business, I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem.

If he "fails" his physical, the doctor who certifies that risks "failing" his license.

But keep yer hopes up.

He'll be welcomed back to the Patriots with open arms.
So Dolphins Jets Bills or Colts? Who ya pulling for? Cause it aint the Pats if you are taking up for Big Seyby

If he "fails" his physical, the doctor who certifies that risks "failing" his license.

But keep yer hopes up.

I can't recall who said it, but I was once told that pretty much any NFL player's physical will turn up plenty of reasons to fail him if a team wants it that way. And, given Seymour's injuries, I'm sure he'd be an easy 'fail'.

By the way, it's not about hope. It's about interesting. I didn't like the trade, so I have no problem if this takes time to shake out. It's making for good theater.

Schefter versus Reiss.
Not really, though Schefter's Oakland sources are pretty weak as a rule. Sey was unlikely to give up that Sunday paycheck. That doesn't mean the Union isn't going to jump in and fight for a point 'they' think needs a stronger precedent, in this case the use of a "five-day" letter to threaten a traded player. There's a four-player battle here, Seymour vs Oakland and NFLPA vs NFL, different priorities jumping in to keep it interesting for DI.

I can't recall who said it, but I was once told that pretty much any NFL player's physical will turn up plenty of reasons to fail him if a team wants it that way. And, given Seymour's injuries, I'm sure he'd be an easy 'fail'.

By the way, it's not about hope. It's about interesting. I didn't like the trade, so I have no problem if this takes time to shake out. It's making for good theater.

Enjoy your theater. I'm looking forward to the Buffalo game and that top-5 1st rounder in 2011.

Plus, the knowledge that BB intends to remain here another decade or so! All the little Borges' and Felchers out there can rage themselves into the ground.

Last edited:

I didn't like the trade
Wow really?
You wouldn't trade 1 year of gimped Sey for potentially 7+ prime years of a top pick?

Enjoy your theater. I'm looking forward to the Buffalo game and that top-5 1st rounder in 2011.

Plus, the knowledge that BB intends to remain here another decade or so!

The trade doesn't mean that BB intends to remain for another decade or so. It could just as easily be that he's setting up for the next coach.

As for the Buffalo game, I'm looking forward to it to.

Finally, for the pick, I'd rather have Seymour helping win a Super Bowl this year. A pick 2 years out after already having 10 picks in the first two rounds over 3 years by 2011 doesn't really make me wipe my brow and thank God for the team finally getting a break or anything. Had the team won in 2007 I'd have no problem with this trade. It didn't win, though. Now, I want the win.

Wow really?
You wouldn't trade 1 year of gimped Sey for potentially 7+ prime years of a top pick?

No. For reasons stated many times in other posts...

Last edited:

The trade doesn't mean that BB intends to remain for another decade or so. It could just as easily be that he's setting up for the next coach.

Delusion #17.

Deus Irae: "Just because it's raining the past few hours, doesn't mean the ground gets wet".

Have a good night, thanks for the chuckles.

Last edited:

Delusion #17.

Deus Irae: "Just because it's raining the past few hours, doesn't mean the ground gets wet".

Have a good night, thanks for the chuckles.

Nothing delusional there. He's stated that he doesn't want to coach forever. But it is late, so you have yourself a great night.

Last edited:

So Dolphins Jets Bills or Colts? Who ya pulling for? Cause it aint the Pats if you are taking up for Big Seyby

So liking a guy who made 5 pro bowls for the Patriots and was one of their most important players for 3 SBs means that you're not a Pats fan? That has to be some the most ass-backwards logic I've heard of.

Does that apply to Willie McGinest too? Because if that's the case, then I haven't been a fan since 2005, since he's still one of my favorite players. Same w/ Joe Andruzzi, Eugene Wilson, Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel. I'm a big fan of all of them. Hell, I'd argue that if you dislike all of those guys, and can't even respect their contributions to the Pats enough to respect them as players, then you're not much of a Pats fan.

Last edited:

So liking a guy who made 5 pro bowls for the Patriots and was one of their most important players for 3 SBs means that you're not a Pats fan? That has to be some the most ass-backwards logic I've heard of.
You may have to offer him a visual aid to make your point.

head_up_your_ass2.jpg

I can't believe what a baby seymour is being! Talk about being scared to man up and do his job. It's stuff like this that make people sick of these prima donnas!!!!

The union should not win this, but you never know how someone is going to rule. People do stupid stuff all the time! The Patriots traded his rights to oakland and obviously oakland is within thier rights to issue him the five day letter. Seymour is within his rights to do his job and make his millions or sit out and start this whole process over next year. But please, stop being a big baby about it! I know some people love it and cheer when players act like brats, but most of us just want them to act thier age and do thier job, or decide its not for them and find something that suits them better. But the childish games have gotten really old.

If (for whatever reason) an arbitrator says the raiders can't give him the letter, I guess the Patriots will give him a letter to show up in oakland and take the physical. Unless an arbitrator rules that when you trade someone they can become a free agent or something if they don't like the trade. It's getting foolish now.:confused:

Last edited:

Boring, anti-climactic ending. He should have held out. It would have been much more interesting to follow.
Different strokes for different folks, football or Judge Judy. I'd rather this be resolved and get back to football.

This situation is out of control. The league needs to come down HARD on Seymour. They simply can not set the precedent of a player being able to void a trade by throwing a temper tantrum. I hope Goodell takes the fat end of a bat and sho.... oh, um, never mind.

Now, now. There's no reason to go into a tantrum (except the obvious reason that this is a message board and people go into tantrums all the time).

The situation is being dealt with just fine. The union is allowed to file ridiculous appeals and will continue to do so; that's what unions do. Occasionally they even win a ridiculous appeal (much to the shock of us who think that the right answer should be obvious).

At any rate, the conclusion is coming quickly and those who are willing to show a little patience will look back and declare this to be a tempest in a teapot because a player was unhappy about a trade. There's no need to get the Commissioner involved or choose any other silly overreation.

So is this good or bad

It doesn't matter for the Patriots. It just means that Seymour realized that he had almost no leverage and he didn't want to retire...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back