PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Secondary Help: Gregory + Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we improve our pass rush even more than that can help the safeties. Our pass rush isnt any different than last yr right now even with jones.

that's assuming some probowler would even want to come here to be subjected to having Boyer run his "I will turn you into Chris Canty" mad science experiments

Mid-season trades are very rare in the NFL. This year, with hardly any teams out of it, it would be surprising to me if that changed.

We need secondary help while we wait for some people to mature Wilson, Ebner, Dennard.

Plus getting gregory back will help.

I propose Trading a draft pick to either

KC for S Eric Berry or CB Brandon Flowers

or

Cleveland for Joe HAden

I Dowling is driving me nuts...is he just a constantly injured player
Do you think we could get anyone of those guys for this guy?

pat.jpg

Oh wait, im not sure hes available he got busted in a prostitution sting :(

I also don't know if we can close the book on Gregory until we see more of him.
As far as Chung looks like Tarzan plays like Jane, he is blowing assignments and he is being out played to the ball by nearly every skill position player.
He seems to play more timid maybe afraid of injuries, but I honestly think he's worried and coached to avoid any questionable penalties.
This would explain the timid attacking of the receiver and the ball.
I think it comes down to they are coached to not react till the play is made and that is just not working.
This would also explain why players start out strong Chung, Mccourty, Arrington and then fizzle out one can only hope this doesn't happen to Dennard.
Maybe we need to trust our guys to make more plays.
Let them do what comes natural cover the receiver make plays on the ball in the air. Instead of being scared of the big play.
How about the mentality to stop every play?
I don't see it and its something we saw With Law, Buckley, Milloy and Clay, in my opinion out best defensive backs hell give me Steve Isreal.
Ever since Manning came back and torched us in the play offs the scheme has changed and it's a pity because we are not facing Manning every week!
For the love of god can we make Mark Sanchez look like Mark Sanchez and not Steve Young!

Rant over

Eric Berry is one of the best Safeties in the league. I don't think he's available, lol. Our best shot is at guys in the league of Michael Griffin, Reggie Nelson, etc. Who also aren't available for trade.

Safety is a huge commodity these days.

We need secondary help while we wait for some people to mature Wilson, Ebner, Dennard.

or

Cleveland for Joe HAden

And if we play our cards right we can land Patrick Willis, JPP, & Demarcus Ware!:rocker:

Seriously, to get a top player like Berry, Flowers, or Haden we'd have to give up a Gronk or Hernandez in return, and that's not happening.

Pass rusher would have more impact than a single secondary player, unless that player is Revis or Reed in his prime (i.e., we aren't going to be able to get them). Can't get anybody to part with an elite-tier pass rusher but could definitely find a mid-tier guy to help (think someone like Mark Anderson or Andre Carter last year). That's the most realistic way the Patriots could add an impact player to the team.

At this point I don't care what it takes. Anything outside of a 1st round pick I'd trade at this point for a player. The Pats DESPERATELY need an ELITE player in the secondary. A ball-hawking cover safety, a cover corner, SOMETHING. Not saying one player will solve ALL the issues but it'll go a long way to fixing the worst secondary in the league.

For once,the Pats have little draft picks to play with....I wouldn't mess around losing any more going into 2013 for gambling on a Vet in midseason trying to aid a whole secondary that has no playmakers.

Only player for player would I make a deal and I see no chance of that happening.

Unfortunately, this trade would never happen because Wendy the ****** for the Howard Stern show is not running either one of those franchises.

But this guy is, so we might have a chance:
RS-11-03-08---eric-the-midgetSTORK_38295.jpg

While we're at it, we should offer a 2nd round pick for Polamalu and a 3rd to the Seahawks for Sherman.

or

Cleveland for Joe Haden

The GM's of either of those teams should be fired if they made such trades.

Why?? :confused:

Based on what I'm reading around here, the Patriots are a Lock to go 3-13 and nail the #1 Overall Pick. ;)

OP we're on to something!! :eek: Only I say trade Kyle Arrington!!

...I'm not saying mangini is the answer...

I'd rather drive a freshly-sharpened pencil in my eye.
I'd rather see TFB in a full body cast.
I'd rather live in a "The Walking Dead" world with no hands, all by my lonely.
I'll root for the jest if this nonsense occurs.... Hell, I'll buy a green pantsuit and mascara and parade down 42nd street if so.

In short, NOPE.

as good as those guys are, I'm not sure they would help at this point.

the pats have what they have

I am going to be as optimistic as possible and say the one play that gave the seahawks the lead was at the hand of 2 rookies can be addressed, but I am not sure the current DB coach is the guy to address it

the pats need to bring in someone who can help this unit.....there's some decent individual talent there......but Boyer appears to simply be lost

I'm not saying mangini is the answer, but there appears to be a need, it would be a reall warm ending by having a kiss and make up moment.....true hallmark

He tried to destroy the franchise. F him.

OP we're on to something!! :eek: Only I say trade Kyle Arrington!!

While I agree that Arrington hasn't looked good in a while (or much ever), the problem with this thinking is that they can't field a respectable group of CB's with him, let alone without him.

Who would actually come over in a Kyle Arrington trade?

And what would one even get in return for a player like Arrington these days?

People generally over hype trade potential. As Deus pointed out, trades are already pretty rare in the NFL, let alone week 7 into the season.

We may see one/maybe two trades before the deadline in 2 weeks throughout the NFL, and I'd be surprised if that happened.

The time to shore up the secondary has come and gone, unless they somehow luck out and find someone off the streets, and the chances of that certainly aren't very good.

or

Cleveland for Joe HAden

I feel this is a Troll thread... my spider sense is tingling

I'd rather drive a freshly-sharpened pencil in my eye.
I'd rather see TFB in a full body cast.
I'd rather live in a "The Walking Dead" world with no hands, all by my lonely.
I'll root for the jest if this nonsense occurs.... Hell, I'll buy a green pantsuit and mascara and parade down 42nd street if so.

In short, NOPE.

You really have to appreciate the enthusiasm of this NOPE.

There's not enough discussion here about what BB and the coaches could do to find ways to get their DB's to succeed. One draft pick/FA after another has flashed a bit then languished only to fade away altogether. To think it's all been due to poor talent is slightly absurd. I don't care if none of the guys the Pats dumped went on to do very well elsewhere - plenty of former players have said that once a player anything short of superstar (and even some of them) is ruined by repeated demoralization they usually disappear. But that doesn't mean they weren't talented and it doesn't mean the coaching didn't screw them up so bad they never found their natural ability again, nor ever figured out how to incorporate that native talent into what they were being taught in the NFL. This secondary thing has been so consistently bad for the Pats - 5 years and counting right? - that BB surely bears a part of their failure AFTER they have arrived. Even a blind squireel finds a nut once in while, I just don't believe all the duds BB has drafted have bombed because they never had what it takes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference