Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3078925

Seau at Patriots practice, but distracted by wildfires

Associated Press

Updated: October 25, 2007, 1:55 PM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Junior Seau has more to worry about right now than Clinton Portis and the rest of the Washington Redskins offense.

The New England Patriots linebacker is also thinking about his hometown of San Diego, which has been ravaged by wildfires. Nearly 460,000 acres have burned in California this week, and losses in San Diego County alone total at least $1 billion.

Seau said Thursday that at least one of his homes has burned and a restaurant he owns is being used as a shelter.

"It's definitely not a normal week," said Seau, whose family, including his three children, live in San Diego.

The 18-year veteran spent his first 13 seasons with the Chargers, earning 12 straight Pro Bowl selections. Seau has several houses in the San Diego area.

wow that really does suck. I hope he gets i all worked out though.

No need to worry, FEMA has the situation under control. :rocker: :rocker:

That sucks. At least he can buy another one, though. If only the rest of the folks over there were as lucky...

That sucks. At least he can buy another one, though. If only the rest of the folks over there were as lucky...
Definitely. I heard this morning they found two burnt bodies in a house. It definitely puts our concerns here ("Will we go undefeated?" "Will we win the Super Bowl?" "Is Brady better than Manning?" "Are our 3 Super Bowl victories tainted by Cameragate?") into perspective.

No need to worry, FEMA has the situation under control. :rocker: :rocker:

Yep apparently they have several massage therapists on site to help work out stress..... how much do you think for a happy ending?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3078925

Seau at Patriots practice, but distracted by wildfires

Associated Press

Updated: October 25, 2007, 1:55 PM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Junior Seau has more to worry about right now than Clinton Portis and the rest of the Washington Redskins offense.

The New England Patriots linebacker is also thinking about his hometown of San Diego, which has been ravaged by wildfires. Nearly 460,000 acres have burned in California this week, and losses in San Diego County alone total at least $1 billion.

Seau said Thursday that at least one of his homes has burned and a restaurant he owns is being used as a shelter.

"It's definitely not a normal week," said Seau, whose family, including his three children, live in San Diego.

The 18-year veteran spent his first 13 seasons with the Chargers, earning 12 straight Pro Bowl selections. Seau has several houses in the San Diego area.

That really does suck. Yeah personal well-being is the most important, but it's still a heavy loss. I guess he moved his parents out as well to one of his other houses.

It's crazy. I was in San Diego last week on business and left on Friday and my boss left on Saturday and didn't hear a peep about the fires. I guess they really started burning on Sunday and have just snowballed from there. It's scary how much acreage is burning and how little is contained.

That really does suck. Yeah personal well-being is the most important, but it's still a heavy loss. I guess he moved his parents out as well to one of his other houses.

It's crazy. I was in San Diego last week on business and left on Friday and my boss left on Saturday and didn't hear a peep about the fires. I guess they really started burning on Sunday and have just snowballed from there. It's scary how much acreage is burning and how little is contained.

A buddy of mine is stationed in SD, very very scary stuff.

That is a really scary situation....prayers to all in that area of California..

That's brutal, puts sports in perspective. Thankfully for Seau, he has the means to build himself a new one and move on, can't be said for a lot of natural disaster victims.

Any word on how it all got started???

They're just speculating at this point but several were natural causes/errant sparks or cigarettes and a few are suspected to be arson. The FBI is involved. I don't know if anyone remembers all of the fires they were having in Greece a couple months ago. They were a similar situation where lightning strikes started the initial fires and that brought the arsonists out.

Every local I talked to out there was saying how dry it had been. Even more so than usual in a coastal arid zone.

Any word on how it all got started???

Some of it is arson, apparently. In fact, the police shot a guy they caught creeping around somewhere, and when they tried to stop him he tried to run over the police, and they capped his ass... Another guy is currently under arrest for suspicion of arson in one of the fires, too...

Some of it is arson, apparently. In fact, the police shot a guy they caught creeping around somewhere, and when they tried to stop him he tried to run over the police, and they capped his ass... Another guy is currently under arrest for suspicion of arson in one of the fires, too...

Wow... some people are insane. I just read 1,800+ homes and 753 sq miles destroyed.
194328main_socalfire1-20071025_516px.jpg

Good thing Ty Law doesn't live there.

some ppl are just despicable...

however, hes using his restaurant as a shelter? good for him...if he had a choice in the matter that is

I heard it was Easterbrook.

reports say he was around teh area...but really...can u credit such a disaster to him? logically speaking...he woulnt know how to do it...

his logic is so messed up, he would probably throw the match in a stupid pond, and think the fire would spread faster over an even, still, and similar surface, then all the green terrain which makes up california...

(nothing to do with above comment) will we ever conquer nature?

I've heard there's about three different people the've believed responsible for at least some of these fires.

Also, Seau's house received fire damage, but I don't believe it actually burnt to the ground. His Parents were also in harms way (they also live in the area), so Junior had them moved to a safer location.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand