PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seau and investment group open a Ruby Tuesday in San Bernardino - Signs of moving on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Seau and investment group open a Ruby Tuesday in San Bernardino - Signs of moving

What you are saying is stupid and have no relevance to Seau

Heath Evans is nowhere near ready to retire unless he gets cut and not picked up

Randy Moss is at least several years away from retirement and is already looking ahead

Um, wasn't that exactly his point? Those two players are far from retiring and have managed to INVEST in these things and manage those investments fine while still playing football.

Seau can do this and still play, this doesn't mean anything.

Re: Seau and investment group open a Ruby Tuesday in San Bernardino - Signs of moving

Just a few points Ruby Tuesday is the worst of those types of restaurants (applebee, chilis, etc)

A ton of players own businesses/restaurants/bars and still play football. heck I dont know much about it but lets look at a few people in the news lately (Brett farve steakhouse and Marvin Harrisons bar) so obviously this speaks nothing to playing again or not.

Do you really think Jr is going to have anyhting to do with those outside of writing a check...!

Um, wasn't that exactly his point? Those two players are far from retiring and have managed to INVEST in these things and manage those investments fine while still playing football.

Seau can do this and still play, this doesn't mean anything.

Yes,Those two players are younger but really have not played so long that its not really unusual to see them still want to play while having investments outside of football - If I loved to play the game and I was yet to be in my middle 30s then why not keep playing? - They are not near an age where retirement is a serious consideration so its irrelevent to Seau's situation.

Seau has earned ALOT more money than those 2 combined and he is 38 - No reason to still play unless he cant sleep at night at 38 years old without playing again ala Brett Favre

Yes most likely more money earned than Moss,At least he has had 8 more years of contract money to be on top - I don't think Moss will play anywhere near that long and he really does not need to,If Moss retired next year to be on top of the car racing investment he has put in,it would not surprise me in the least,Especially if the team can get to the SB this year and actually fuking win it this time.

Look...We could continue this thread and talk about it all day but it would not make a difference till week 1 is officially here and then we will know if Seau is actually done or not in his football career so I guess you could leave it at that until then

To continue this argument would simply be grapsing at straws since we don't know for sure either way.

Last edited:

Seau has earned ALOT more money than those 2 combined and he is 38 - No reason to still play unless he cant sleep at night at 38 years old without playing again ala Brett Favre

Yes most likely more money earned than Moss,At least he has had 8 more years of contract money to be on top.

Dude, you really need to face facts. Seau is s a figurehead for that group. He probably just provides the seed money. And San Bernadino is about 2 hours north of San Diego. Its not like Seau is going to be commuting up there every day.

You are making this much ado about nothing.

Also, I'd be willing to bet that Moss has out-earned Seau. You just have to look at the contracts that they signed as rookies. Never mind their following contracts. As for endorsements and apparel, Moss has probably outsold Seau as well.

Just a few points Ruby Tuesday is the worst of those types of restaurants (applebee, chilis, etc)

A ton of players own businesses/restaurants/bars and still play football. heck I dont know much about it but lets look at a few people in the news lately (Brett farve steakhouse and Marvin Harrisons bar) so obviously this speaks nothing to playing again or not.

Do you really think Jr is going to have anyhting to do with those outside of writing a check...!

My assessment of the 2 players you mentioned are..

Brett Favre is a freak and coming back was stupid as he can really do nothing to improve his career,can only hurt it being on a loser team like the Jets who are megamillion to one to win a SB the next 2 years - Besides, Seau would have never stuck it to the Pats like Brett did to the Pack.

Marvin Harrison should retire after this year and besides its a moderately small bar in Philly not a multi franchise which believe it or not,does require for you to at least participate in some of the goings on,especially a new franchise purchase,even if its with a group of investors,you still have to put in some input and time,as a fellow business owner thats my experience and opinion.

The bottom line is Seau does NOT have to return,he has put enough time in and needs to show nothing more than what he has already accomplished to be known as one of the greatest LBs to play the game and I see know reason why he should not sit back and enjoy his new post-career at 38 unlike comparing him to Favre who is ******ed,Thats my focal point.

Last edited:

Dude, you really need to face facts. Seau is s a figurehead for that group. He probably just provides the seed money. And San Bernadino is about 2 hours north of San Diego. Its not like Seau is going to be commuting up there every day.

You are making this much ado about nothing.

Also, I'd be willing to bet that Moss has out-earned Seau. You just have to look at the contracts that they signed as rookies. Never mind their following contracts. As for endorsements and apparel, Moss has probably outsold Seau as well.

It would be interesting to see how much each has made so far with endorsements like you say but I would not even know how to look that up - I am sure Seau has had lots of endorsements come his way,especially out west - I remember all those jerseys and stuff with 'Say-Ow' on them so I am not so sure about that.

Last edited:

http://www.sbsun.com/ci_10184012?source=most_emailed

From what this article said and the fact that 7 Ruby Tuesdays are expected to open within the next 16 months in the San Bernardino area with Seau and his investment group,you have to think unless there is a dire emergency needed on this team,Seau has already moved on to being a business Entrepreneur.

What are you talking about? The guy already has restaurants in his portfolio. This doesn't mean ANYTHING. This doesn't mean he WILL be here or he WON'T be here. Are you joking?

I have no idea the point of this thread is. randy moss has opened a few juice stores and this year a truck series so are you implying he will not be playing and be int he track.heath evans is opening a lot of Dunkin donuts in the north west so he is gone too i guess.

You are correct and Patriot64 is condescending to you and insulting you. Ironic. This is a truly asinine theory, argued with a degree of idiocy that would be purely amusing if he weren't trying to make other people feel stupid.

What you are saying is stupid and have no relevance to Seau.

Irony. Calling someone else stupid in the middle of this sentence.

Last edited:

The bottom line is Seau does NOT have to return,he has put enough time in and needs to show nothing more than what he has already accomplished to be known as one of the greatest LBs to play the game and I see know reason why he should not sit back and enjoy his new post-career at 38 unlike comparing him to Favre who is ******ed,Thats my focal point.

NOBODY IS ARGUING THIS. This is a sidenote.

For whatever reason, this is an incredibly common investment for NFL players. Not Ruby Tuesdays specifically, but restaurant franchises.

There are a few major personalities that are in with NFL players that push these kind of investments. Does anyone remember the story a while back where a bunch of players invested in Baja Fresh franchises (healthy mexican food) in Kansas City? Not surprisingly, they lost a bunch of money.

What ever the thread i do not think my self to be stupid. Its a contradiction that you want to post something to get other people thoughts and then when they do not agree with you to insult them.

Every player is encouraged to invest wisely and NFL runs camps every year in harvard business school ,matt light lost a bit in the Real estate mess but to imply one is tied to other is not correct that was my point.

Only fans think about past ,glory and stuff .If seau can make another million more than he has now .Can you point to a job seau will be paid 1 million next year ?. He wants a ring which is another motivation.

My dad retired and after 2 yr went back to work.He is all set financially and had a long career that does not mean he should stay home. seau and most players feel that they will be happy doing what brought them glory and dough. they will get back when they get a change.

Last edited:

What you are saying is stupid and have no relevance to Seau

Heath Evans is nowhere near ready to retire unless he gets cut and not picked up

Randy Moss is at least several years away from retirement and is already looking ahead

Seau is of retirement age and has not any real reason to play again unless he wakes up at night and puts on a helmet for no particular reason,I don't see that,Yes he wanted to win a ring and last year was certainly his best shot,I think he will live with the fact that he played the game as best a guy can do and probably just moves on to other endeavors like players such as Marino,Jim Kelly and Curtis Martin ect who never won titles but knew it was time to quit and move on to other careers.

He is going to be making as much money if not more in all his restaurants and sports bar in a year than he did in a season in the NFL

Preparing to own stores of this magnitude will take him some time to get things settled and he will have to be there on occasion as all owners do (I am one of those multi-store owners) and once again why go through the rigors of a whole NFL season moving all about the country when you can simply hang em up and sit back and reap the rewards,Hes 38 and still has the ability but I can't see it happening,even if the flame is not totally burned out.

I will be glad if I am wrong because I would love some veteran backup help at ILB where it is kind of thin in terms of experience, but I just don't think so and think he has nothing more to prove unless not having a ring becomes a major factor to him to try again - doubtful.

So what is it about Seau that makes you think he can't play football and invest in restaurants when you note that Moss and Evans obviously have no problem doing so themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News