PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seattle, Pitt, Carolina, Denver, NE, Indy, NYG...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacky Roberts

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
All didn't play well during week 1 and all played very sloppy. I think we should be happy that the Pats won and didn't fall flat like Denver and Carolina did. Its hardly shocking to see "elite" teams struggle in openers. If the Pats are still playing like this come week 5, then its a concern. I expect the Pats to absolutely blast the Jets next week after a tough week of practice.

Last edited:
Jacky Roberts said:
All didn't play well during week 1 and all played very sloppy. I think we should be happy that the Pats won and didn't fall flat like Denver and Carolina did. Its hardly shocking to see "elite" teams struggle in openers. If the Pats are still playing like this come week 5, then its a concern. I expect the Pats to absolutely blast the Jets next week after a tough week of practice.

Just my opinion:

Denver lost because Jake Plummer imploded - a year later than expected - but an implosion nonetheless.

Seattle has SB hangover.

Indy's defense still sucks eggs, really.

Pitt had Charlie Batch at QB.

....AH, and Carolina! See what happens when your only legit - deep threat - WR is out and your playing a good team? This, people, is my fear.

I agree. I'm happy they won, but not happy that Brady looks like he is going to take another beat down this season. That can only happen so many years in a row.

I hope that the Pats will play better against the Jets, and will play with consistency from beginning to end when they face the Fins. That is what it will take to beat the Fins.

Seattle was playing without the departed Hutchinson and Walter Jones sprained his ankle. Ashworth was in at LT and struggled.

The Colts get more pf a pass because they were playing a quality team in the Giants.

Garbanza said:
Just my opinion:

Denver lost because Jake Plummer imploded - a year later than expected - but an implosion nonetheless.

Seattle has SB hangover.

Pitt had Charlie Batch at QB.

....AH, and Carolina! See what happens when your only legit - deep threat - WR is out and your playing a good team? This, people, is my fear.

Indy's D was absolutely awful. If not for all the penalties on the Giants, Indy wouldn't have stopped them once. The amount of rushing yards allowed was ridiculous.

Pitt's D wasn't all that good either.

The analogy between Carolina and NE is a poor one. Carolina has much worse WRs minus Smith than NE minus Branch. Not only that, but Carolina can't run the ball nearly as well and Brady is much, much better than Delhomme. Also, it may just be semantics, but Branch is *not* a deep threat. He is by far the best WR on the team, but most of the throws to him are short and intermediate. He presence stretches the field horizontally more than vertically.

Garbanza said:

What do you mean "still"? Didn't Indy allow like the 2nd fewest points in the NFL last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News