PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sauerbrun catches Belichick's wrath

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe he truly out-kicked the coverage because within half a second after Jones got the ball, there were 4 Pats players standing around flat-footed, watching Jones go by them.

???? I don't really know how to respond to these statements.

He did run for a touchdown, no? Are we all agreed on that?

It was a great return. It seemed like he paused with the ball for 2 or 3 seconds after the ball was fielded and actually waited for the opening instead of just taking off with it. This was all Jones who had the athletism and vision to make it happen.

Our special teams is not the indestructible machine it was 2 years ago but I think it is still one of the best out there. I think this is the 2nd or 3rd st's td given up by us this season. Hopefully we've got it worked out by next week.

Hmmm, if the coverage was right there how could he do that? Perhaps he didn't have enough hang time for the length of punt?

Of course BB and I could be wrong. I'm wrong all the time, but he usually knows what he's doing.:D

It looked to me like Jones had 10 yards clear when he caught the ball. He had plenty of choices, so I wouldn't call that good coverage. Contrast that with the play later in the game where he was forced backwards and Kight got him. I think Belichick was right to apologize to Sauerbrun, though.

In the post-game interview BB sounded like he does after a loss. Complete with that sinus condition thing. He was not happy at all.

That was one of the first times that I can remember BB being that hot on a football field, it looked like he outkicked the coverage and allowed Jones to break free. Not sure why else he would be yelling at him, but he showed his typical class at the post game Press Conference.

That was one of the first times that I can remember BB being that hot on a football field, it looked like he outkicked the coverage and allowed Jones to break free. Not sure why else he would be yelling at him, but he showed his typical class at the post game Press Conference.

last time i saw him this hot...was in SB 39 when eagles threw the last TD and our corners didnt have safety help...and guess who was yelling at ..eric mangini !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft