Welcome to PatsFans.com

Salary Cap

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by OhExaulted1, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OhExaulted1

OhExaulted1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1,230 / 27 / -38

#15 Jersey

I see Miguel hasn't made any changes to his page since Sept.. We miss you buddy and I realize how much time and effort you put into maintaing it for a decade. Hope everythings all good.

In any event I came across this page and thought i'd share it with the cap junkies here. If it's been posted before I digress.

2012 New England Patriots Top Cap Hit Salaries

2. chris66

chris66 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +2 / 2 / -3

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  3. goheels22002

goheels22002 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +765 / 5 / -12

#50 Jersey

You have to love the new rookie wage scale. Are those $390k salary cap #s for the rookies just place holders pending signed contracts or are they the real thing?

4. patsfan55

patsfan55 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

I'm starting to wonder if BB knew Light was gonna retire and we spread it out over two years to help with our cap room last year

5. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,004 / 92 / -69

#50 Jersey

6. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

He hasn't kept his site updated and he's just a novice who doesn't fully understand all of the nuances of the cap. I know it sucks that Jason is a Jetsfan, but he's also obviously a football fan and on par with Miguel when it comes to capology and maintenance of an up to date resource. Heck, he's maintaining 4 at a time...

7. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Those are just placeholders. But the contracts should be getting done within days as several teams already have most if all their guys signed. And that will be one of the best parts of the new rookie wage scale, no holdouts and more pre season assimilation and prep time for this and future rookie classes...

8. BlueThunder

BlueThunder PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -3

#24 Jersey

There's a 4-5 mil discrepancy between all 3 sites. Wonder which is correct...

The dead cap hit for the Pats is 13 mil? Can you say OUCH....

Bodden,Warren and Banta Cain....BIG drain.

9. jason423

jason423 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Placeholders for drafted rookie. Drafted players are automatically tendered a 1 year deal when selected. But overall rookies are pretty cheap now which is why there were so many trades. The value of the top 15 picks skyrockets with the low salary.

10. patfanken

patfanken Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +1,495 / 23 / -13

#91 Jersey

I think the discrepancy is because one site didn't include Light's retirement. The reality is that the Pats, right now are about $13-15MM below the cap. When you figure in the rookie contracts at about $5MM, we are in very good shape at roughly $8-10MM below the cap,

That means the Pats have plenty of money to sign Andre Carter and are under no pressure to sign Welker to a long term deal for cap purposes. Even with those results they would still have a healthy reserve for emergency signings. Then moving forward into next season, they would have a few million to roll over into next year, plus they would loose most of the $11MM of dead money they carried for this season.

Bottom Line: The Pats are in a healthy cap situation THIS season, and are likely to be in decent shape mext season.

11. chris66

chris66 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +2 / 2 / -3

Pats are in awesome shape they are currently at about 12 million after both the warren aned Addai signing's. Another 4 million for rookies leaves 8 like you stated, but the big number comes next year when that dead money falls of the books. Thats around 11 million right there. With a cap projected to be the same through 2015. that money will be huge

12. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +454 / 37 / -17

With the Cap room do you think that belichick will make a trade for a n establsihed front line vet? There are several starting Free Safeties and or Defensive Tackles that would look good in a Pat's uniform...

:confused:

13. Ivan

Ivan Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +1,839 / 37 / -73

#75 Jersey

I never put anything past him. At a minimum he has them set so they can go after any player they want or sit back and pay their own guys and lock them up for the future. Belichick usually manages to upgrade the roster in the 2nd half of the summer so hopefully he'll have a couple of moves to make when camp rolls around this year.

14. patman52

patman52 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0

The pats are in outstanding cap shape for next year. However the contracts for Vollmer, Hernandez and Gronk will need to be addressed. All three are in line for extensions next year.

15. doesntmatter1

doesntmatter1 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +166 / 4 / -3

I want us to continue winning but i don't mind volmer and mccourty having down seasons on our way to a super bowl because if they were to consistently play the way they did in their rookie years they would be ridiculously expensive to retain.

16. resdubwhite

resdubwhite In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +178 / 0 / -3

No Jersey Selected

There will almost certainly be restructures in 2013.

Gostowski.
    Ocho will probably be gone.
    slater due to make 2 million
    Will Big Vince re jig?

lots of leeway to bring that figure way down too.

Of course, Welker I presume will be in for about 8 million in 2013. I hope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.