PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Saints supporting the Patriots. Look at this tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, @pherein. You are one of the good ones.

Question...Why didn't Benson fight it? Same reason as Kraft?
Its hard to say why anyone does anything unless your in the room, but it points to market share and profit.

Market size comes into play when determining total viewers for the home team. Again from Masonson:

Giants average 17.7 local rating this season translating to 1.3 million TV homes tuned in per game.

Saints average a league high 47.4 local rating translating to 304,000 TV homes tuned in per game.

New York is the largest market in the U.S.; New Orleans is No. 52. That accounts for the difference in the total number of viewers. Thanks to market size, Masonson says the Giants, Jets and Bears have the highest viewership each week.
We are a small market team, so vulnerable to what the NFL wants to impose. Each impact cost millions.

Benson hired former FBI director Louis Freeh to investigate.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...-uncover-bountygate-truth-is-responsible-move
He never finished his investigation because he had other cases, but never found anything.

we got thread jacked alot in those days, every teams fans showed up for fun
http://blackandgold.com/saints/52223-whatever-happened-louis-freeh-investigation.html

TB used to be respected in the NFL ,Tom Benson resigned from three league committees in 2013
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/po...ger-goodells-relationship-with-paul-tagliabue

I dont want to bore to much, but Benson has always been a kindly man and simple spoken.

He has failing health, always believed in our boys, walks with us in parades, and I think he knew there was no way to win against the NFL, and wanted the Saints to be in N.O.
I think what they did broke him and his good business sense knowing that they can move the team to a larger market was, maybe, threatend to him. I think he tried to show the truth by hiring the best investators in America to truely do a impartial look, and was was told to stop.
Tom Benson is one of a kindest, and we are lucky we got him, no one else would have stuck by N.O. We were losers but TB never gave up.
We truely believe he was told to stop fighting by the NFL. Its easy to see how hes looked at and how those care about him, touch him, that they love him, and hes a good guy.

Last edited:
I've heard Benson is a great guy, talked to a guy who met him. Glad Benson at least tried. Cool he stepped up to the plate to keep the Pelicans in town.

Lakers were ready to go home by halftime lmao. Man if KG doesn't get hurt in Utah in 09 we probably 3 peat with all 3 over the Lakers.
Still disgusts me to think about what the big 3 could/should have accomplished. I can't be too upset due to the fact that we won a ring, but we shoulda won those 3, and then we gave up a 3-2 lead to bron. Just disappointing.

@pherein speaking of basketball, you a Pelicans fan? Anthony Davis is going to be the best player in the league real soon. New Orleans is in for a treat when they put a team around him. Great guy too by all accounts.

yeah cant believe we landed that one, hes a good guy to as you said. Its just hard to keep the quality of play ive seen going with him and the rebounds, could be amazing, but hey if we cut Graham we will cut anyone, and I think thats SP saying to Brees" I dont want you comfortable" and "stop throwing to the same guy or Ill cut him, no matter how good he is". AD might get us somewhere. But us with a campionship no way, lol

yeah cant believe we landed that one, hes a good guy to as you said. Its just hard to keep the quality of play ive seen going with him and the rebounds, could be amazing, but hey if we cut Graham we will cut anyone, and I think thats SP saying to Brees" I dont want you comfortable" and "stop throwing to the same guy or Ill cut him, no matter how good he is". AD might get us somewhere. But us with a campionship no way, lol
Idk man if you keep the man happy and there longterm players will want to play with him. I'd kill for a big with his defense and passing, he's like a young KG. Gentry is a decent coach but Thibs would have been amazing.

awesome

can see what my nfc team is this year --- hope saturday is just a preview

Last edited:

AD will win multiple MVPs in his career, and if I was going to bet on someone to win it this year, he'd be #2 after LeBron. Dude's a monster. The team around him isn't even close to there yet, but I'd rather be in your position (a superstar and nothing else) than the Celtics' (everything except stars).

Its hard to say why anyone does anything unless your in the room, but it points to market share and profit.

We are a small market team, so vulnerable to what the NFL wants to impose. Each impact cost millions.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...-uncover-bountygate-truth-is-responsible-move
He never finished his investigation because he had other cases, but never found anything.

http://blackandgold.com/saints/52223-whatever-happened-louis-freeh-investigation.html

TB used to be respected in the NFL ,Tom Benson resigned from three league committees in 2013
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/po...ger-goodells-relationship-with-paul-tagliabue

I dont want to bore to much, but Benson has always been a kindly man and simple spoken.

He has failing health, always believed in our boys, walks with us in parades, and I think he knew there was no way to win against the NFL, and wanted the Saints to be in N.O.
I think what they did broke him and his good business sense knowing that they can move the team to a larger market was, maybe, threatend to him. I think he tried to show the truth by hiring the best investators in America to truely do a impartial look, and was was told to stop.
Tom Benson is one of a kindest, and we are lucky we got him, no one else would have stuck by N.O. We were losers but TB never gave up.
We truely believe he was told to stop fighting by the NFL. Its easy to see how hes looked at and how those care about him, touch him, that they love him, and hes a good guy.

Very informative. Thank you.

I honestly don't get why some of you are going to other boards and then getting mad about what you read. What do you expect to see? Isn't it well known by now that people either love the Pats or hate them? I used to go to other teams' boards and was always respectful, like many who have visited here. I just don't do it anymore. It's the same as the people who keep watching ESPN or NFL Network and getting mad at the reporting. It's two categories: either you know and you deserve to get upset or you've been living under a rock for the past however many years and did not know that the world hates the Patriots. They are marred as cheaters and that will go on no matter what happens from here until they stop winning. I really don't think there is an in between area anymore . . . not after all this.

I couldn't care less anymore. I know better than to think that some BS Spygate nonsense and now this are the reasons why they're great. NO, they're great because our coach is the best in history. Our QB is the best in history. And we've had some damn good players, some who might end up in the Hall, who put it on the line and sacrificed personal glory and accolades for the team. That's why guys like Seymour and Law come back and hug BB and spend time with him. They acknowledge years later how brilliant the man is and how special the time in NE was for them. I have thoroughly enjoyed these past 15 years (22 overall), and I'm not going to let a stupid network, biased and idiotic fans of other teams or an absolutely moronic commish and league office ruin anything for me. And I will not be visiting any other football blogs unrelated to the New England Patriots.

AD will win multiple MVPs in his career, and if I was going to bet on someone to win it this year, he'd be #2 after LeBron. Dude's a monster. The team around him isn't even close to there yet, but I'd rather be in your position (a superstar and nothing else) than the Celtics' (everything except stars).
He is a monster on D also, but worried about the guys around him. Omer and Quincy are not consistant in rebounds. Tyreke davis I think has the 2nd best assits and AD is twice that. Gordon ahas 18.5 ppg to AD's 32 and Ryan on has 10, lol. Maybe AD can carry them

Benson's definitely a good guy, have lots of respect for him. Rita, OTOH...

I was a bit skeptical, didn't want to read too much into this. But I just saw that the Saints account did favorite some pretty blatant anti-Goodell tweets, including one with "#FreeBrady #FireGoodell" hashtags:

2VvvIxT.png

https://twitter.com/jrocchi/status/634444349208662016

Looks like their social media manager knew exactly what he was doing with that tweet.

That would be cool! And maybe someday Drew Brees will cap of his long career with a second Super Bowl win. But personally, I think the Packers have a much better shot of making it this season, and I for one would LOVE Brady to get another shot against Aaron Rodgers
The Packers better watch their step. No team is allowed to get too successful under HitlerDells reign. "But, But what about the other owners, the need a slice of the pie".

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes