PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Saints supporting the Patriots. Look at this tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man... Screw another game winning drive. That means I'll have to go through another moment like the kearse catch (or.... The other ones) again and I'll feel some of the worst feelings possible. Can we just like... Win 28-13? I would love a super bowl that I just get to enjoy. Because I'll tell you... Last year's super bowl wasn't that "fun"

It was terrifying. I was tense the whole time. Unreal nerves
Good point. OK, TB puts up 45 GB gets 2 field goals. That doesn't sound too bad either I guess

There were a bunch of fans here that thought the Saints were 100% guilty in Deflategate, no different. The Saints fans that you're quoting are no different than the Pats fans who were certain the Saints were guilty because a ledger existed and Gregg Williams' "kill the head" speech.

In both cases, there was some circumstantial evidence that you could interpret as showing guilt if you were really determined to do so. And since most people like a juicy story and don't like recent SB-winning teams with HOF QBs, they just assumed the worst.
I admit it. Count me as one who thought the Saints were guilty as sin.

Once I saw that .ppt preso it was clear how much of a frame job it was. Ridiculous.

Love how Berman is exposing these scoundrels.

Man... Screw another game winning drive. That means I'll have to go through another moment like the kearse catch (or.... The other ones) again and I'll feel some of the worst feelings possible. Can we just like... Win 28-13? I would love a super bowl that I just get to enjoy. Because I'll tell you... Last year's super bowl wasn't that "fun"

It was terrifying. I was tense the whole time. Unreal nerves
Back in 2008 the Celtics won the NBA championship (after playoffs full of close ass games) and I just remember the championship clincher they absolutely destroyed the Lakers. The game was already clinched by the fourth quarter and it was pure euphoria for an entire quarter. Just a freaking party w/backups slamming down dunks, smiles everywhere, stadium going nuts.

Yeah....I want the Pats to win another Super Bowl and for it to be a blowout like that.

Once I saw that .ppt preso it was clear how much of a frame job it was. Ridiculous.

I guess I was somewhere in the middle. I had a bit of a "where there's smoke, there must be at least some fire" mindset, but I also figured that Goodell was just capitalizing on a convenient issue to blow up that would let him flex his muscles while also pretending that he cares about player safety. I remember ESPN offhandedly mentioning that Rex Ryan had a bounty pool for the Jets. That was like a year or two before Bountygate, and nobody cared, so you just can't convince me that it suddenly occurred to them to care starting a couple years ago.

I guess I was roughly analogous to people on the outside of this who think "yeah, the Patriots probably did something, but the punishment is way out of proportion with the crime". It wasn't until well after the fact that I learned more about the case and realized it was a total framejob from start to finish.

Back in 2008 the Celtics won the NBA championship (after playoffs full of close ass games) and I just remember the championship clincher they absolutely destroyed the Lakers. The game was already clinched by the fourth quarter and it was pure euphoria for an entire quarter. Just a freaking party w/backups slamming down dunks, smiles everywhere, stadium going nuts.

Yeah....I want the Pats to win another Super Bowl and for it to be a blowout like that.

Yeah, I'll take a blowout win over a close game any day. Part of what's made the Red Sox World Series' so much fun. The ALCS is typically close, but going 12-2 in three WS since 2004 makes for some pleasant, smooth sailing

I guess I was somewhere in the middle. I had a bit of a "where there's smoke, there must be at least some fire" mindset, but I also figured that Goodell was just capitalizing on a convenient issue to blow up that would let him flex his muscles while also pretending that he cares about player safety. I remember ESPN offhandedly mentioning that Rex Ryan had a bounty pool for the Jets. That was like a year or two before Bountygate, and nobody cared, so you just can't convince me that it suddenly occurred to them to care starting a couple years ago.

I guess I was roughly analogous to people on the outside of this who think "yeah, the Patriots probably did something, but the punishment is way out of proportion with the crime". It wasn't until well after the fact that I learned more about the case and realized it was a total framejob from start to finish.
With Williams a Jeff Fisher diciple, in my mind he was guilty as charged.

Clearly he wasn't...

LOL, you can't have a blowout in the SB without having a top-ranked defense.... I dunno if that's something we'll have this season

With Williams a Jeff Fisher diciple, in my mind he was guilty as charged.

Clearly he wasn't...

Yeah, and once that Gregg Williams "kill the head" video came out, it became really hard to defend them in the moment. That did kinda swing me against the Saints, at least to some extent. In hindsight, I think it was out of the same playbook as "he called himself deflator!", in that it seems suspicious enough to basically convict them if you ignore any and all context.

Once you look into the context, though, you realize it's completely irrelevant to the allegations. It's a red herring, which is ironic since the NFL's answer to every inquiry from Berman is exactly that.

aww its all cool , most of us really care about our teams and dont spend time on others. No one here did anything wrong. Your some of the best fans of football we and I know.
Your still #1 in the thread I posted at http://blackandgold.com/saints/
lol, and yes Im catching hell for bringing up the past, but still no Pats fans posting in it, lol
Its all cool I get it. Always enjoyed your view robertweathers.

We so hope Brady wins this.

I don't care if other fans think we win with magic footballs.

People in other parts of the world believe dancing around fires brings rain.

It doesn't affect me at all.

45-7

If you go on Saints forums, the consensus is that the NFL is overstepping its boundaries but Brady "obviously did it because the guy went into the bathroom and the evidence got destroyed", and that it's an insult to compare this to Bountygate, in which they were 100% innocent.

i browsed one of the saints forum and most of the members think brady is a cheat.
remember reading something about brady not being an all time great because of deflategate. many think he should have an asterisk next to all of his accomplishments

maybe there just bitter that brady is 10x the player brees will ever be.:cool:

As a team I like the Saints, they clearly understand what the Patriots are going through.

But their fan base? F them. Just went over to SaintsReport forum and there is a long thread about how Saints got rail roaded by NFL in Bountygate, but Brady is definitely guilty and the NFL is right to not backdown on the punishment.

THE DEFLATOR DID IT! AND DAMAGED CELL PHONES OMG!

" we all know brady did something "...your classic hot take!

I think you have to maybe not listen so much to saintsreport. IF your looking for extreme or some idiots to field a thread, you can always find it there. They were pretty much taken over by bandwagon fans in 2008-2010, especially admins of that site. N.O fans as a whole are about 60-70% simpathatic.
Most of the old fans are at
http://blackandgold.com
, and alot of old fans have been banned from saintsreport.com for expressing negative views against Brees play, or other players, and supporting other fans. Plus, I think you might try to educate us on the ridiculous NFL injustice. even at blackandgold.com alot of fans dont know what is really happening, and need some hand holding. But you will find a much more sympathetic and competent fan base there that reflect, most of N.O.

After all we can never really know what you have researched because you care so much for a great team. It all starts with talk, and thats a good site to talk to us in.

I posted in forum for you to express your views, so take advantage, we dont bite lol
http://blackandgold.com/saints/73685-pats-starting-see-truth.html

Ah, didn't realize that site was the Pats Planet of Saints forums.

i browsed one of the saints forum and most of the members think brady is a cheat.
remember reading something about brady not being an all time great because of deflategate. many think he should have an asterisk next to all of his accomplishments

maybe there just bitter that brady is 10x the player brees will ever be.:cool:
really how about

Tommy stick to your guns...
Ah, didn't realize that site was the Pats Planet of Saints forums.
Thats a perfect example

aww its all cool , most of us really care about our teams and dont spend time on others. No one here did anything wrong. Your some of the best fans of football we and I know.
Your still #1 in the thread I posted at http://blackandgold.com/saints/
lol, and yes Im catching hell for bringing up the past, but still no Pats fans posting in it, lol
Its all cool I get it. Always enjoyed your view robertweathers.

We so hope Brady wins this.
Thanks, @pherein. You are one of the good ones.

Question...Why didn't Benson fight it? Same reason as Kraft?

If you go on Saints forums, the consensus is that the NFL is overstepping its boundaries but Brady "obviously did it because the guy went into the bathroom and the evidence got destroyed", and that it's an insult to compare this to Bountygate, in which they were 100% innocent.

A few months ago if you were to ask me what I thought about Bountygate I would have agreed that the Saints deserved to be punished because they were guilty.

I knew nothing about the case aside from the headlines and had no inclination to learn more. Exactly the same as their fans regarding this situation.

i'm a HUGE celtics fan too... that game was the best. just unbelievable. it was like if the colts game was the SB. we knew from early on that the banner was clinched. great feeling

Classy.

There really are remarkable similarities between what both organizations went through under this commissioner. Didn't the NFL get ESPN to publish a false report about the Saints bugging visitor's locker rooms when they were in court about Bountygate and there was absolutely no evidence of this? Now we know that is how the NFL under this commissioner rolls.

I regret that I didn't take more time to become more informed about these things when they happened and I wish I paid more attention to the facts instead of taking the NFL for its word. Lesson learned, and that will never happen again.

Yep, I've been thinking the same thing. I no longer believe a word of the allegations against the Saints or Incognito/fins.

i'm a HUGE celtics fan too... that game was the best. just unbelievable. it was like if the colts game was the SB. we knew from early on that the banner was clinched. great feeling
Lakers were ready to go home by halftime lmao. Man if KG doesn't get hurt in Utah in 09 we probably 3 peat with all 3 over the Lakers.

@pherein speaking of basketball, you a Pelicans fan? Anthony Davis is going to be the best player in the league real soon. New Orleans is in for a treat when they put a team around him. Great guy too by all accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back