PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sad to see BB's legacy ripped apart like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks so cute.

Since we’re kicking Bill in the nuts, the Rams beat the Patriots 24-3 last year.

Bill coached a really good game in SB53 to shut down that offense. On the other hand, McVay/Phillips must have come up with something decent too because it was 3-3 in the fourth quarter.

But back to: players win games. Brady hit Gronk on that incredible pass down the seam. Look at how wide open Cooks is here. All Goff has to do is throw it to the left where Cooks has plenty of time to shift his momentum, or just throw something that doesn‘t float towards the back of the end zone. Can you really compare gameplans when one team has Goff and the other Brady? I don’t care what McVay said…both coaches did a great job of identifying ways to slow down the other offense. The winner was the team with the players who made a few tough plays.

1634968263169.gif

Since we’re kicking Bill in the nuts, the Rams beat the Patriots 24-3 last year.

Bill coached a really good game in SB53 to shut down that offense. On the other hand, McVay/Phillips must have come up with something decent too because it was 3-3 in the fourth quarter.

But back to: players win games. Brady hit Gronk on that incredible pass down the seam. Look at how wide open Cooks is here. All Goff has to do is throw it to the left where Cooks has plenty of time to shift his momentum, or just throw something that doesn‘t float towards the back of the end zone. Can you really compare gameplans when one team has Goff and the other Brady? I don’t care what McVay said…both coaches did a great job of identifying ways to slow down the other offense. The winner was the team with the players who made a few tough plays.

View attachment 36833

Thank you

This is why I've always found it disingenuous when Pats fans would crap on other coaches

Look at their QB play! It's usually atrocious!

Every great one loses their fastball. He's nearly 70, he can't handle head coaching and GM responsibilities anymore. Poor drafting for 7 straight years has led us to this difficult rebuild, and caused us to overpay for mediocre talents in FA. BB should find a top notch young GM out there and hand him the keys to finding the talent, and BB should do what he does best...coach. We found ourselves a great young QB in Mac Jones. The future is far from hopeless. However, he needs to find Mac a Cee Dee Lamb level weapon on offense and a young stud left tackle if we are ever going to contend again.
Bill took care of those. He drafted Isiah Wynn and N'Keal Harry.

The thing that has hurt Bill's legacy more than anything has been his penchant for dumping top tier talent. Dumping Brady, Gronk and Gilmore has me thinking that pretty soon he'll be dumping Judon too when he wants top dollar. Bill only gives top money to himself.

Thank you

This is why I've always found it disingenuous when Pats fans would crap on other coaches

Look at their QB play! It's usually atrocious!
QB play has nothing to do with coaching, of course.

Media are the pond scum. They think it's about them and if they were to think of intelligent questions instead of just trying to get click bait material, he would spend an hour at the podium and answer the questions. There are far too many people in the media game and far too many of them are just trying to get 'clicks' to move up.
There have been plenty of intelligent, probing questions that were answered with a blah "we already covered that." Not all in the media are pond scum and plenty of HCs can answer questions without being a d!ickhead. Bill is clearly not one of those.

Bill took care of those. He drafted Isiah Wynn and N'Keal Harry.

The thing that has hurt Bill's legacy more than anything has been his penchant for dumping top tier talent. Dumping Brady, Gronk and Gilmore has me thinking that pretty soon he'll be dumping Judon too when he wants top dollar. Bill only gives top money to himself.

So the premise here is Bill is jealous of these guys? He axed/let them go, not for myriad reasons that few people are privy to, but because he wants all the money for himself?

They were a powerhouse for twenty years thanks to expert cap management, and you're faulting him for this? It's not Madden dude.

Media. You are a hero one day and killed the next. I have seen it with players and coaches. If Brady left the patriots and did not do well, this story would be about him. Its what they do. Hell at this point they do not even need to tell the truth, just say you have a source.

With that said....many media stories have been written that Brady is nothing without Bill. Brady the system guy, Bill made him, etc etc, so the fact that when that is proven wrong, the story is going to be written that it was wrong. Bill is a great coach. Bill is not a messiah, he cannot make players into goats, he does not have a magic wand. If players do not play well he will not win. He does not play so he has no physical impact on the game. A coach is a coach. If you do not have the right players you lose.
Where does a HC get the right players? And once he has them how does he keep them?

People on here having their go at Belichick for a weird pandemic season which they used to fix the cap and now in a season with a huge roster turnover with a rookie QB where they are a few mental errors/plays away from being potentially a 5-1 team

Miami game- Harris doesn't fumble- potential W

Tampa game- Meyers wide open on that tipped pass- potential W

Dallas game- Agholor drop in OT- potential W

even could say the NO game was a potential W if it wasn't for the ball that floated in the air after Mac got hit and then Smith dropping a pass into their lap.

People in here like Pats are getting blown out by 20 points a game, FOH
Why should Bill or any other HC be above criticism? The same goes for players.

I re-watched the Dallas game last night and the sequence that started with 5 minutes left in the first half was a real eye-opener. Bill failed to challenge what looked like a missed call on 3rd down. The punt that followed was blocked and because of a questionable fumble call at the goal line the Pats got the ball back with 1:30 left on their own 20. They sat on the ball rather than try to score any more points with a 14-10 lead.

The last time something like that happened was against the Chiefs a couple of years ago. At the time the fans booed (rightfully so) and some here claimed that they were booing the team. That was obviously directed at the coaches, not the players.

If you can find that.

BK is a good owner. I will give him that.

He bought the team, inherited the coach, then went out and hired the best available: Bill Parcells. The team made a Super Bowl appearance.

Parcells mercs his way out, who's next? Pete Carroll, who didn't prove himself at the time, but has proven himself since.

After that? He gives up a first round pick for some misanthropic retread, gives him the keys to the entire football operation.

Nobody supported that decision. (Some of the morons on this board regret that decision even today). It was a genius move that started a football golden age that continues to this day.

So who's a better owner than Kraft? And he gets nothing but crap from this board.

So the premise here is Bill is jealous of these guys? He axed/let them go, not for myriad reasons that few people are privy to, but because he wants all the money for himself?

They were a powerhouse for twenty years thanks to expert cap management, and you're faulting him for this? It's not Madden dude.
The team was only a powerhouse when Brady played. Without him they were 19-19.

I have no idea what Bill's motives were for dumping future HOF players over money. No matter what they were he did manage to get himself top dollar... dude

He bought the team, inherited the coach, then went out and hired the best available: Bill Parcells. The team made a Super Bowl appearance.

Parcells mercs his way out, who's next? Pete Carroll, who didn't prove himself at the time, but has proven himself since.

After that? He gives up a first round pick for some misanthropic retread, gives him the keys to the entire football operation.

Nobody supported that decision. (Some of the morons on this board regret that decision even today). It was a genius move that started a football golden age that continues to this day.

So who's a better owner than Kraft? And he gets nothing but crap from this board.
Every dollar that I've ever spent on the Pats was to see the players play, not the owner own, the GM GM or the HC coach.

Kraft and Belichick had the good fortune to have the GOAT QB land in their laps, and even that took some prodding.

I'll support this team for as long as I can, but two seasons of putrid offense is not the continuation of a football golden age. That ended two seasons ago.

If Bill doesn't dump top tier talent there is no Brady (and we're still wasting half an hour every super bowl on individual introductions.)

Every dollar that I've ever spent on the Pats was to see the players play, not the owner own, the GM GM or the HC coach.

Kraft and Belichick had the good fortune to have the GOAT QB land in their laps, and even that took some prodding.

I'll support this team for as long as I can, but two seasons of putrid offense is not the continuation of a football golden age. That ended two seasons ago.
So, you're admitting you're a fair weather fan?

I don't get this take at all. I think most sports journalists consider guys like Harbaugh and Tomlin to be great coaches and they've had a few seriously bad seasons each. The GOAT coach is permitted a rocky period as he navigates post-GOAT QB. Like how do you even make that argument? “Oh, Bill didn’t immediately have a powerhouse team within 1 season of Brady leaving, he’s a failure”
The place where Bill failed was chasing away the GOAT QB without any replacement for him. I still can't figure out why that happened.

and yet players still love him, players still want to come here and play for him......it's pretty much the crappy media and jaded fans that are ready to run him out of town.......
As we can see quite clearly, it's Brady that players wanted to play with. The only players who have come here recently, other than Cant Newton, were draft picks or FAs that were paid top dollar.

What is the statue of limitations on whining about Brady leaving ? Like are you allowed to still whine about it 5 years from now ? 10 years ? Does winning the SB negate it? Or is it when Brady retires and the point is moot?

So, you're admitting you're a fair weather fan?
I've probably been a fan longer than you've been alive.
When I attended games in the 60's (one at fenway Park) I didn't pay to see Mike Holovak. I paid to see Gino, Babe, Nance and Buoniconti, among others.
In the 70's I wasn't paying to see Clive Rush or Fairbanks coach. I paid to see Plunkett, Grogan, Vataha, Stingley (I still get emotional when I think of him), Mike Haynes etc.
In the 80's it wasn't Raymond Berry who caught my eye and I paid to see. It was John Hannah (the best there ever was), Andre Tippet, Stanly Morgan and others.
In the 90's it wasn't Tuna Crap or Carroll that I wanted to see. It was Bledsoe, Curtis Martin, Ben Coates, Terry Glenn and others.
In the 20 years since it wasn't Bill Belichick that I paid to see. It was the greatest QB who ever played and many others, including the greatest TE I ever saw. Unfortunately, the HC decided to let them walk away with no explanation other than a few grunts and snorts at a presser.
But hey, go ahead and think of yourself as a better fan because you kiss the ground that the HC walks on. I'm sure he appreciates your loyalty to him over the players that play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents