PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sad to see BB's legacy ripped apart like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, pats never spent money like that all at once, ever. Bill would go out in about the 3rd week of free agency and get a guy, we would all run and look up who he was, then pull a couple receivers off a trash heap, go get a guy with a high motor on someones practice squad who is missing two knee caps, get a high character guy who also was a fencer at Navy to play special teams. Brady would have to start over again trying to get new guys on offense to learn the complicated playbook, so we would struggle and then Brady would get them on the same page and would end up with a good season. There is a reason Bill went out and spent all that money on day one free agents...the part of the team that could turn cheap options into players is no longer here.

Apparently turning troll posters into banned posters is no longer here.

There's only one of those: Joe Gibbs
I don't go back far enough but I remember Mark Rypien's name came up as being one of the few 6 round picks to win multiple Super Bowls. That was definitely pretty crazy. But I don't know who else played QB during Gibbs tenure before he fizzled out.

Apparently turning troll posters into banned posters is no longer here.
I understand the Brady frustration, but I just don't understand - when does that finally end? I mean, we seem to have caught lightning in a bottle again after 20-years and a lot of names coming through here behind Brady (and Cam Newton) who didn't work out. I feel like things could definitely be a lot worse.

Coaches that won a Super Bowl with an average QB after Brian Billick/Trent Dilfer:

John Gruden/Brad Johnson
Tom Coughlin/Eli Manning twice unfortunately. This is debatable.
John Harbaugh/Joe Flacco
Doug Pederson/Nick Foles

I don't go back far enough but I remember Mark Rypien's name came up as being one of the few 6 round picks to win multiple Super Bowls. That was definitely pretty crazy. But I don't know who else played QB during Gibbs tenure before he fizzled out.

Gibbs won Super Bowls with Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, and Joe Theisman.

You are wrong. Watch the tape.
I didn’t move anything. I have been talking about the same thing all along.
If you can’t have a discussion like an adult, just bow out.
Typical Andy.

Coaches that won a Super Bowl with an average QB after Brian Billick/Trent Dilfer:

John Gruden/Brad Johnson
John Harbaugh/Joe Flacco
Doug Pederson/Nick Foles
Gary Kubiak/Peyton Manning

Peyton wasn't even average by the time of that SB win.

You can’t follow a conversation or act like an adult. Time to be done.
It's right there in black and off white. Your own words prove you wrong Andy. You are done.

Last edited:
Gary Kubiak/Peyton Manning
I thought about that as well, but I kept him out because he’s had a long good career. He was physically awful that year, but he’s a smart player.

I suppose Jules is a negative troll:

"The Patriots just aren't the Patriots right now, and it hurts me to say this," Edelman said. "They are not the Patriots. We are so used to seeing the last 20 years -- I know there's different players and this, that, but there's still a group of guys in there that know how they should play. They need to start playing mistake-free football."

How about Ty Law? Another troll?

“I’m really upset about what’s going on,” Law said. “Because you don’t let people come in there and walk all over you, throw the ball like that anytime they want to. I mean, that’s shameful.”

“You have to have somebody that can cover,” Law said. “I mean, we were looking for Jackson to step up. He was playing pretty good football. But I didn’t want to pass him the mantle just yet when we’re talking about him compared to Stephon Gilmore. But you have to have guys in the back that can step up and make plays.”

What do these ex-Patriots know. Right?

LMAO Belichick is absolutely obsessed about his own legacy and his place in the football pantheon after he’s retired. It is unbelievable that people truly think he disregards what the media says about him.
I'd love to see a stitch of evidence for this. The guy is kinder to toilet paper than he is to the press. Sheer fantasy.

tell me what Coach Bill has won in his seasons without Brady? I'll hang up and listen...
Without Brady, BB has had:

Kosar
Philcox
Tomczak
Testaverde
Rypien
Zeier
Bledsoe
Cassell
Garopollo
Brisset
Newton

Let's see how he does with Jones.

Laughably biased narrative.

They lost close game to two good teams in Dallas and Tampa Bay. At home.

They lost to the Dolphins, a bad team, in a game where they were favored.
They got their asses kicked by the Saints, an average team, in a game they were favored.

They “won a tight game” against the Texans, a team they were favored to whip moreso than TB or DAL was favored to whip them. How is their below-expectations-but-still-won performance against Houston different from above-expectations-but-still-lost?
I wouldn't say they look any worse than they did in 2018, when they got smashed by the likes of Jacksonville and Detroit early on, and ended up winning #6.

They've got a rookie QB who's learning on the fly, and looks good. They have a defence that needs to gel.

This thread proves it: We remain the luckiest and most obnoxiously ungrateful fan base in all of sports.

John Gruden/Brad Johnson
John Harbaugh/Joe Flacco
Doug Pederson/Nick Foles
1 - All World D and an opponent that outplayed themselves

2 - Seriously excellent front four on D, luck of the Irish catch(es)

3 - Another great D against a team that out played themselves

4 - Battle of the shotguns

And Brady was a game manager for those first three Super Bowls.
Depends on how you define, “Game Manager”….one of the best words I ever heard describing Brady was, “Brady is the system”. Dunno who said or wrote it, but that is how I see it…Belichick was able to build around Brady by giving him a deep middle class type of team that was disciplined and solid in all three phases. Belichick leveled the field and Brady was the difference between the Patriots being a playoff contender and a dynasty, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents