PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Ravens may listen to offers for CB McCallister. Do we bite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that at this point, Lewis would be a stupid move. There really isn't an immediate need there, his best days are past, and the money it will cost for the Ray Lewis "name" isn't worth the performance. McCallister would be good only for the right price. I don't see either happening.

Michigan Dave said:
I agree that at this point, Lewis would be a stupid move. There really isn't an immediate need there, his best days are past, and the money it will cost for the Ray Lewis "name" isn't worth the performance. McCallister would be good only for the right price. I don't see either happening.

so like i said earlier, beisel and brown have yet to hit their prime and Lewis is washed up. this is foolish thinking. Ray Lewis is 30 yrs old for crying out loud. how are his best days past? Tedy is 32 and nobody would dare make that statement. Ok, so Ray had some injuries this year. he stil has 4-6 solid years left in the league.

Digger44 said:
so like i said earlier, beisel and brown have yet to hit their prime and Lewis is washed up. this is foolish thinking. Ray Lewis is 30 yrs old for crying out loud. how are his best days past? Tedy is 32 and nobody would dare make that statement. Ok, so Ray had some injuries this year. he stil has 4-6 solid years left in the league.

I never said anything about Beisel and Brown....as for Lewis, you have to put it into perspective. He is "Ray Lewis" and that is a name, and with that name comes a huge price tag. The price is being determined by Ray Lewis of 2000, but the output is Ray Lewis of 2006. It's still good output, but it's not worth the high cost.

Michigan Dave said:
I never said anything about Beisel and Brown....as for Lewis, you have to put it into perspective. He is "Ray Lewis" and that is a name, and with that name comes a huge price tag. The price is being determined by Ray Lewis of 2000, but the output is Ray Lewis of 2006. It's still good output, but it's not worth the high cost.

The point with Beisel and Brown is that you say Ray Lewis' "best days are past." 1. This is an opinion, and not a fact. 2. Even if his best is gone, 75% of him is better them 100% of either Beisel or Brown. He would be a huge upgrade over what we have. As far as the worth of his name, this has yet to be determined by the market. You may be right, but for the right price he would be incredible next to Tedy.

Digger44 said:
The point with Beisel and Brown is that you say Ray Lewis' "best days are past." 1. This is an opinion, and not a fact. 2. Even if his best is gone, 75% of him is better them 100% of either Beisel or Brown. He would be a huge upgrade over what we have. As far as the worth of his name, this has yet to be determined by the market. You may be right, but for the right price he would be incredible next to Tedy.

I agree. Ray Lewis is a HUUUUUUUUGE upgrade over Beisel/Brown. But, I just don't see him being a fit economically. I don't think it's opinion that he's not as good as he once was, granted that still makes him better than a lot of LBs out there.

Beisel may yet to have hit his prime, but Chad Brown is like 36. His prime came and went a long time ago, my friend.

BB & Ozzie will do ze tango

patsox23 said:
McAlister is way WAY better than Starks and there's no way we get him for just a 2nd. If we can, I DEFINITELY do it. He's a terrific, Pro Bowl CB.
Ozzie & BB go back to Cleveland, Ozzie was a good TE on BB's teams.
BB has been giving 2001 3s for Ozzie's 2002 2s; Ozzie gave a 1 in 2002 for BB's 2003 2nd round pick
i like Ozzie's thinking.
Ozzie's playing with Art Modell's money here. Maybe Oz will give us McAllister for Duane Starks.
or give us McAllister and $3 million, and a 2007 1st round pick for Tully Banta-Cain, Klecko, and Marquise Hill. BB might throw in PK Sam for the h@ll of it.

primetime said:
Beisel may yet to have hit his prime, but Chad Brown is like 36. His prime came and went a long time ago, my friend.

no freaking kidding. try reading all the posts about this and see the sarcasm. beisel is 28. seeing how he played this year, most likley he will not blossom and peak further. there is a lot of criticism on this board on beisel's tackling this year, and rightly so.

Ray Lewis is a much better 4-3 MLB than a 3-4 ILB. His production started getting significantly lower during Mike Nolan's reign as DC for Baltimore. (Nolan ran the 3-4).

drpatriot said:
Ray Lewis is a much better 4-3 MLB than a 3-4 ILB. His production started getting significantly lower during Mike Nolan's reign as DC for Baltimore. (Nolan ran the 3-4).
Well sure, think about logistically what you just wrote. In a 4-3 if an offensive player enters the middle of the field who will make the tackle? The ILB. In a 3-4 you now have an extra man taking plays away from your lone ILB of the 4-3. It only makes sense for his stats to go down. Why does this mean he has declined as a player?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore