PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Ravens may listen to offers for CB McCallister. Do we bite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkypete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Great blue north reports on some speculation that the Ravens may shop Chris McCallister and Ray Lewis as an attempt to shake up their underperformong roster. Do you think we dangle a draft pick for McCallister?

Personally, I'd give them a 2nd in a heartbeat; though not a 1st. While our corners are "good enough," good enough does not usually translate to championships. Plus, adding players through the draft will not help our immediate need in the secondary.

Nope.

10 characters

heck yea! a 2nd rounder is nothing for a shutdown corner, he is right up there with bailey, and hes still relatively young, a change of scenery is all he needs

Maybe I'm getting my CBs mixed up... isn't he a head-case?

I guess we all have a bad taste in our mouths after the Starks deal but he could be interesting for the right price. With Dillon and Starks we've certainly shown we'll go this route. I wonder what they're asking for.

I will add that our #2 would be a lot to give up. Baltimore's #3 back to them would be the most I would consider.

Last edited:
depends... what's his contract like? at $1M/year, he's worth more than he's worth at $9M/yr

PatsWorldChamps said:
depends... what's his contract like? at $1M/year, he's worth more than he's worth at $9M/yr

Thats exactly right cause this is the kind of corner that Rodnney Harrison was talking about and they don't come with a low price tag. If Samari Rolle
his team mate got a big contract what do you think McAlister would want this guy has won a Super Bowl I think he's all about the business now I honestly think we will look at players like Nate Clements and Corey Chavous

Last player on my list, maybe in the entire NFL. I would have to leave town if we signed him.

Man it drives me bonkers every time we have a thread that speculates about us getting an expensive player without reasonably estimating what his salary/cap negotiation would be and how we would make that fit with our cap situation.

We've got a great asset in the information that Miguel puts together that let's us know what our cap situation is and it's annoying to see fanboy threads like this that don't take advantage of it.

If you elaborated that we'd negotiate a trade a 2nd draft pick and renegotiate a 4 year deal with McAlister for a $6M signing bonus up front and a $2M a year contract and we'd could pay for that by cutting Adam and Willie and then drafting for their replacements, I'd at least stop and consider the proposition-but otherwise no we're not getting (Fill in the blank) expensive player by trade or signing him...

Yeah, his salary is about to go way up. I don't see this happening without a significant salary alteration :

2004 535000.00
2005 965000.00
2006 5500000.00
2007 6500000.00
2008 8000000.00
2009 8000000.00
2010 8000000.00

Chris McAlister is signed thru 2010 at:

2006 5500000.00
2007 6500000.00
2008 8000000.00
2009 8000000.00
2010 8000000.00

These yearly salaries.

Why dream about McCallister when the Ravens are talking about Ray Lewis as well? If you are gonna throw out a name, hey let's go for the gold! Lewis + Bruschi + Vrabel outside again! Wow!

Digger44 said:
Why dream about McCallister when the Ravens are talking about Ray Lewis as well? If you are gonna throw out a name, hey let's go for the gold! Lewis + Bruschi + Vrabel outside again! Wow!
My eyes are getting fuzzy in my age... did you say go for the gold or go for the old?

Pass on Lewis. Yawn. Ed Reed would be a whole different catfish, but Ray-Ray's best years are behind him.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
My eyes are getting fuzzy in my age... did you say go for the gold or go for the old?

Pass on Lewis. Yawn. Ed Reed would be a whole different catfish, but Ray-Ray's best years are behind him.
oh ok and chad brown's and monte beisel's are yet to come?

PatsSteve1 said:
Chris McAlister is signed thru 2010 at:

2006 5500000.00
2007 6500000.00
2008 8000000.00
2009 8000000.00
2010 8000000.00

These yearly salaries.

Those are pretty reasonable imo

McAlister is way WAY better than Starks and there's no way we get him for just a 2nd. If we can, I DEFINITELY do it. He's a terrific, Pro Bowl CB.

drew4008 said:
Last player on my list, maybe in the entire NFL. I would have to leave town if we signed him.

Please explain.

Mcallister could take the cap space of poole and starks...I think it would be close..

Ray lewis and an orange jump suit. Not quite what I think about when I think about a Patriots player. All the **** he does before and during the game- Idon't think so.

And, McCallister at those numbers- we can do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back