PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RUMOR? Patriots interest in AJ Green?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somethings gotta be done, especially with the injury to PD, hamstrings can linger.

Early Bird Bob: as long as there’s a $15 discount

I think Eifert would be an excellent pick up. Position of need, cap hit is very manageable, and he won't cost much.

Adding Eifert and Watson coming back would allow Izzo to be TE3, and cut Lacosse. Those two TE sets we ran today would be soooooooo much more effective with two legit TE's.

AJ Green would be nice, but I don't see how they can fit him under the cap.

I think I'd prefer Eifert, but I'm not sure. He makes a lot less money, so he could make more sense just for that reason. Plus, we get Harry back soon so TE might be the bigger need.
Anyone know if he's a decent blocker?

AJ Green would be nice, but I don't see how they can fit him under the cap.

He'd only be about 6M (Sanders 5M) if traded around the dead line. That is doable with 1-2 extensions.

Is this year Eifert finally stays healthy? I like the player I just have my doubts.

I honestly thought the Pats would at least attempt to get Eifert in FA before Cincy re-signed him but the bonuses they came up with that sealed the deal actually make him a great trade bargain now

"Expected" by whom? The hawt take crowd?

If they stand Pat (No pun intended) at the deadline, the chances of winning # 7 greatly decrease. Harry may return. But he's a rookie in a complicated offense. Wynn will return. But he's shown to be injury prone. No way you can do nothing. But again, cap space is an issue. Patriots would need to work magic to make anything work.

"Expected" by whom? The hawt take crowd?

To be fair La Confora is pretty connected in the AFC North and with the Steelers specifically. I wouldn't dismiss it that quickly.

If La Canfora is reportin', Im ignorin'

Isn’t La Canforna usually full of ****? Article says he thinks could push for players “like” Eifert and Green.

Yes to both (but I doubt either comes here).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe