PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rudi Johnson MAY be Out This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
With or without Rudi you guys aren't geting us at our best. Willie Anderson is dinged up, Rod Jones isn't 100%, Chatman is out, the LBs are thin.
We re-signed DeeDee Dorsey to take Rudi's spot. He has a lot more speed.
Crystal Perry and Thug Life(Chris Henry) won't be back for a few more weeks.
In week 9 we will be a different team.

Who is Rod Jones?
Are you having flashbacks?

i hope not. we need challenges week in and week out. this is an ultimate 1 with 2 great WRs and a great RB aswell as a great RB
Don't sell Kenny Watson short. He can do damage to the Pats. He's not Rudi, but he's their #2 for a reason.

Don't sell Kenny Watson short. He can do damage to the Pats. He's not Rudi, but he's their #2 for a reason.

Yeah, and that reason is a prolific amount of injuries. Chris Perry, #1 pick in 2004 out of Michigan, can't miss RB...always hurt.

Kenny Irons. drafted with our #2 pick, IN SPITE OF OUR DEFENSIVE SHORTCOMINGS, Auburn, stud, blown ACL, out for the year.

Rudi Johnson, a 4th rounder out of Auburn, has been solid and steady for 3 years now...but people are starting to question his effectiveness after losing a lot of weight and being the league-leader in carries.

I think the guy is nearly done and beat up. His durability has always been his strongest point, and now he's becoming a fumbler and he's hurt.

Such is the short shelf-life of an NFL RB.

Okay Bill, we also know the 2007 Bengal defense is just like the 85 Bears D too. Let's not sell em' short :rolleyes:

Okay Bill, we also know the 2007 Bengal defense is just like the 85 Bears D too. Let's not sell em' short :rolleyes:

Please don't act like your secondary isn't exposable. If any team is going to test it, it will be the Bengals on MNF.

Nobody is claiming that the Bengals D is anything. If in fact it would level itself out to mediocre, then we can start beating teams....

Please don't act like your secondary isn't exposable. If any team is going to test it, it will be the Bengals on MNF.

Nobody is claiming that the Bengals D is anything. If in fact it would level itself out to mediocre, then we can start beating teams....

The only thing wrong with the bengals is that they have about two threats if Rudi doesnt play. TJ and Chad. We have an incredibly strong defense to cover two guys.

The only thing wrong with the bengals is that they have about two threats if Rudi doesnt play. TJ and Chad. We have an incredibly strong defense to cover two guys.
Yep, no TE to speak of, Henry's out, Washington's gone, #3 WR blows. They'll make some plays but the Patriots have more weapons on offense - and a defense from a different planet than that of the Bengals.

All I can dish out is the proverbial "we'll see".
TJ leads the league in receptions, and has at least 4 TD's in 3 games. Chad isn't far behind.
If we are so limited (granted, we are LOSING), then why can't anyone else cover 85 and 84?
And if Rudi doesn't play?
Who knows? We may have some runs longer that 7 yards...

Yep, no TE to speak of, Henry's out, Washington's gone, #3 WR blows. They'll make some plays but the Patriots have more weapons on offense - and a defense from a different planet than that of the Bengals.

Now I have to predict that Reggie Kelly/Ben Coats (no, not YOUR Ben Coates!) will get a TD apiece....

TJ leads the league in receptions, and has at least 4 TD's in 3 games. Chad isn't far behind.
If we are so limited (granted, we are LOSING), then why can't anyone else cover 85 and 84?
And if Rudi doesn't play?
Who knows? We may have some runs longer that 7 yards...

You have faced
Seahawks
Browns
Ravens

aka

15th ranked Pass defense
17th ranked Pass defense
31st ranked pass defense.

Now you will face the Patriots 2nd ranked pass defense.

Two words - Cleveland Browns :D

Great to show how much you don't know about other teams there, einstein. Did you even WATCH the Bengals game? I did. And I saw Watson doing a much better job at running the ball than Rudi Johnson for that game.

I'm NOT saying that Watson is BETTER than Johnson. He's not. But he's as good as Sammy Morris is for the Pats.

You have faced
Seahawks
Browns
Ravens

aka

15th ranked Pass defense
17th ranked Pass defense
31st ranked pass defense.

Now you will face the Patriots 2nd ranked pass defense.

It always amazes me when people who sit there and tout that the only stats that matter is the points on the board turn right around and use the Passing yards allowed stat as a bench mark like it means a damn thing.

Why not mention that the Pats played the following:
Jets : 23 ranked rushing offense and the 27th ranked passing offense.
Bills: 18th ranked rushing offense and the 32 ranked passing offense.
Chargers: 30th ranked rushing offense and the 18th ranked passing offense.

Its really easy for the Pats to be ranked #1 yards allowed, #5 in rushing defense and #2 in passing defense when they've played such crappy offensive teams.

The Ravens are allowing 21 points a game. The Browns are allowing 35 points a game. And the Seahawks are at 16.7 points a game.

The Pats are allowing 11.7 points a game, but they've played the following teams:

Jets: 20th ranked offense in points scored
Bills: 32nd ranked offense in points scored
Chargers: 23rd ranked offense in points scored.

The Jets are allowing 28.7 points a game. The Bills are allowing 26.3 and the Chargers are allowing 24.

So, lets not get all high and mighty about how bad the teams that the Bengals have faced are when the teams that the Pats have faced are just as bad. In fact, the teams that the Pats have faced are significantly WORSE.

Browns, Seahawks, and Ravens have a combined record of: 5-4
Jets, Bills, and Chargers have a combined record of: 2-7

Cinncinnati has the 2nd ranked passing offense in the league. Its foolish to think that they won't be able to air it out. They have Chad Johnson and Houshmandzadeh. Tab Perry and Glen Holt are average, but average can beat you when you have the likes of Johnson and Houshmandzadeh.

The question will be whether their O-line can hold up and stop the Pats pass rush. If it can, it will be a long day for the Pats. If they can't, then the Pats will have a field day.

So, lets not get all high and mighty about how bad the teams that the Bengals have faced are when the teams that the Pats have faced are just as bad. In fact, the teams that the Pats have faced are significantly WORSE.

Not sure I buy that.

Browns = Bills (or close enough).
Jets = Seahawks (or close enough).
SD = Ravens (or close enough).

IMO the opponents are more or less equal.

When you take out the Patriots and Bengals games, the Patriots foes are 2-4 and the Bengals foes are 3-3, with the difference being the Jets wide receiver getting the dropsies in the Jets/Ravens game.

I'd rather Rudi play, he is slightly overrated. There is a reason tehy drafted Perry and Irons the last few years trying to replace him. Against a sure tackling team like us, he wouldn't do much....

It always amazes me when people who sit there and tout that the only stats that matter is the points on the board turn right around and use the Passing yards allowed stat as a bench mark like it means a damn thing.

Why not mention that the Pats played the following:
Jets : 23 ranked rushing offense and the 27th ranked passing offense.
Bills: 18th ranked rushing offense and the 32 ranked passing offense.
Chargers: 30th ranked rushing offense and the 18th ranked passing offense.

Its really easy for the Pats to be ranked #1 yards allowed, #5 in rushing defense and #2 in passing defense when they've played such crappy offensive teams.

That entire bolded statement is awful. By writing that you should have instantly seen what i could have went too.

First off lets get one thing straight that teams we played have not been significantly worse. I could agree on equal but i will not, the fact is we have been beating good teams (exception of a injury destroyed Buffalo) and beating them big.

Our record 3-0

Bengals record 1-2.

So how can you explain your argument when the team that just airs it out and has been doing so every game still cant win a game? They have not faced a top tier of teams defenses in Browns and Seahawks but in the Ravens exception. Ravens held Palmer to 194 yards passing and lost because the Ravens offense sucked.

If the Patriots hold Johnson and TJ Housh or even get to Palmer. This game is over before it even begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back