PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rudi Johnson MAY be Out This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope not. we need challenges week in and week out. this is an ultimate 1 with 2 great WRs and a great RB aswell as a great RB

so... maybe we should just play in dime packages on defense the whole time then? :D

i hope not. we need challenges week in and week out. this is an ultimate 1 with 2 great WRs and a great RB aswell as a great RB
Right now I want to win games. We have enough tough games through the season and every win is critical for HF - I want wins, the challenges will come.

KFFL has the same thing...

Bengals | R. Johnson might not play Week 4
Tue, 25 Sep 2007 13:06:30 -0700

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cincinnati Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said RB Rudi Johnson (hamstring) might not be available for Week 4.

KFFL has the same thing...

Bengals | R. Johnson might not play Week 4
Tue, 25 Sep 2007 13:06:30 -0700

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cincinnati Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said RB Rudi Johnson (hamstring) might not be available for Week 4.

When did he hurt it? The last game, or in practice?

I think Lewis is trying to out-Belichick Belichick, my guess is Rudi's fine.

Last week he had 17 carries for 9 yards. Maybe he hurt it early in the game and worked his way through it but couldn't continue? Those numbers are horrible.

Right now I want to win games. We have enough tough games through the season and every win is critical for HF - I want wins, the challenges will come.

this team is ranked #1 and for good reason too, why the hell do we need to hope Rudi is hurt.

I say let them bring it. To be the best, you gotta beat the best, i hope rudi is healthy and rearing to go, makes winning so much sweeter and they won't have any excuses either.

to quote BB
"We prepare for everyone on the active roster"

There's very little chance he plays this week - and if he does, he's hobbled. Fine with me.

this team is ranked #1 and for good reason too, why the hell do we need to hope Rudi is hurt.

I say let them bring it. To be the best, you gotta beat the best, i hope rudi is healthy and rearing to go, makes winning so much sweeter and they won't have any excuses either.
lets not get to full of our selves, anytime a another team has a injury bug its ok with me, weve had more than our share

Good call, I don't want to see weakened opponents, I want to beat teams that are at their best.

lets not get to full of our selves, anytime a another team has a injury bug its ok with me, weve had more than our share

We are and have been plagued by an unusual amount of injuries in the last two years (not to mention suspensions).
We have been having problems overcoming them, and losing our #2 pick Kenny Irons, and having our former #1 pick Chris Perry constantly hurt at the RB position is killing our flexibiltiy in the running game. Rudi is a product of our offensive line, which, when healthy (unlike last year, another problem area) is one of the better units in the NFL.
Watson is a good change of pace back, but he's no starter. Hopefully we can disguise this with play-action and enough honest runs to eke out a win.
I'm not hopeful, but am yet desperate.
The Bengals simply cannot afford to go 1-3 headed into their bye with the freaking Steelers beating up sub-par competition n the division.
But they just might. Or maybe not. MNF at home, licking our wounds, I like our chances of handing the Pats their first loss, provided ST's doesn't melt down again (Shayne Graham is also hurt).

With or without Rudi you guys aren't geting us at our best. Willie Anderson is dinged up, Rod Jones isn't 100%, Chatman is out, the LBs are thin.
We re-signed DeeDee Dorsey to take Rudi's spot. He has a lot more speed.
Crystal Perry and Thug Life(Chris Henry) won't be back for a few more weeks.
In week 9 we will be a different team.

Damn! He has looked awful for the most part...I wish we were facing him.

Its not about being full of ourselves. I mentioned that we were the number 1 ranked team, but even if the pats weren't, if a healthy pats team cannot beat a healthy bengals team, then maybe just maybe we don't deserve the win. Now no one can control injuries, so you take it like it comes, but if i had my druthers I would like to see them at full strength.

I gotta believe the team doesn't think like this either. If Manning gets hurt before week 9, can you see someone like Harrison saying that he's glad that he doesn't have to face Peyton that week. Geez, I hope that never happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes