PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney apologizes; full statement transcript; HGH used for injury recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he did it or because he got caught ? If it's the former I bet Kraft, and every other owner, would have to cut more than half their team.

Are you going to voluntarily give up your drivers' license every time you go over the speed limit ? You're breaking the law, buddy.

Bad analogy on your part. I am not saying Rodney should be barred from the NFL (give up drivers license). I am saying he should not be a Patriot.

The logic of Patriot's fans who defend Rodney show the bad effect of Rodney's actions on the Patriot Nation. You guys weren't defending Merriman like this.

It's a perfect analogy.

Next time you go over the speed limit with your kids in your car are you going to cut yourself as their father for being a bad example ?

I'm still waiting for him to tell me that he'll disown his children the first time they try underage drinking.

mr. kraft should cut you as a fan of the team

He won't do that. I spend money on his product. He a smarter business man than some Patriot fans.

Nope you are wrong. It is still a bad analogy. Check with you high school English teacher.

No, the analogy is fine, albeit not perfect. Nobody is saying that you should be barred from traveling, just from using automobiles.

Nope you are wrong. It is still a bad analogy. Check with you high school English teacher.
You want Rodney cut - permanently - for an illegal offense that most players do. So if you commit an illegal offense that most people do - speeding - then you should have your drivers' license cut. Permanently. Right ?

1) Speeding/reckless/ drunk driving are criminal offenses that may involve jail time. They jeopardize other lives. I never implied or said Rodney committed a criminal offense or he should go to jail. He committed an ethical offense. So compare an ethical lapse with an ethical lapse. Leave out the criminal aspect.

2) I said Rodney should be cut from the Patriots. Not banned from the NFL. He should be allowed to earn a living on another team. In America, revoking a driver's license takes away some people's ability to make a living wage. If I were a truck driver and you took away my license it would be a harder punishment than Rodney being passed on to another team.

3) Rodney's cheating is certain. He admitted it. You apply scenarios to me that that may never apply to me because I do not have Rodney's poor character. Sort of "if pigs could fly scenarios". Just because some people drink & drive, speed, take drugs it does not mean I do.

1) Speeding/reckless/ drunk driving are criminal offenses that may involve jail time. They jeopardize other lives. I never implied or said Rodney committed a criminal offense or he should go to jail. He committed an ethical offense. So compare an ethical lapse with an ethical lapse. Leave out the criminal aspect.

2) I said Rodney should be cut from the Patriots. Not banned from the NFL. He should be allowed to earn a living on another team. In America, revoking a driver's license takes away some people's ability to make a living wage. If I were a truck driver and you took away my license it would be a harder punishment than Rodney being passed on to another team.

3) Rodney's cheating is certain. He admitted it. You apply scenarios to me that that may never apply to me because I do not have Rodney's poor character. Sort of "if pigs could fly scenarios". Just because some people drink & drive, speed, take drugs it does not mean I do.

So your claim is now that:

A) You've never exceeded the speed limit

B) All speeding is a criminal violation, and none of it is punishable by only fine or suspension (don't give me the ethics nonsense, since there's noting unethical per se about taking HGH)

C) The only way anyone can get from one place to another in this country is behind the wheel of their own vehicle

Sorry, I'm not buying that.

Last edited:
I'm certain Mike Vrabel will come out strong against Rodney for doing this.

Here's what Vrabel had to say about Luis Castillo used andro to try and heal amn injury before the draft:

Quote:
"It sends a terrible message. He cheats. He cheated the system and got away with it."

http://www.projo.com/patriots/conten....1c4b6802.html

Rodney's violation is far more flagrant. Castillo used andro while rehabbing a college injury prior to joining the NFL. Rodney used the prohibited drug while an active NFL player and in full knowledge that he was in violation.

I'm not suggesting anything more than the four game suspension, I'm only suggesting that what's wrong for players on one team is wrong for players on the other teams. Like Castillo, Rodney is owning up to it but like it was wrong for Castilo to do it's also wrong for Rodney.

He got caught and he's paying the price. To be honest it's against the rules now to use HGH thus his hall of fame votes are in doubt. But really, I think HGH will be legal within 10 years times. It's already prescribed to people with illnesses and so far has been proven to be great so far.

I understand what he did was against the rules and a unfair advantage but I can't help wonder how some of these 30+ year old athletes are recovering from reconstructive knee surgeries at this age without the aid of some banned substance. The healing process is naturally slower and I suspect 75% have used it to heal up.

Again I'm not making excuses for the guy,he made his own bed this morning and he's suspended four games. I would of used the stuff to get healthy if I knew it would help me heal faster and better.

Yes. I expect my loved ones to live up to their talk, beliefs and image. For example, one of my brothers is an attorney. If he went out and stole a car I would be very hard and suggest he be disbarred. He knows right from wrong and cannot abuse the public trust.

Rodney is a 34 year old adult. A millionaire. A father. A role model. A team leader. Mr. Kraft should cut him and set an example. The Patriots are not the Raiders.
rab I do understand your position. BL it's always about what drives an individual. All I can tell you is to get off whatever perch you're on and come back to reality. Yes. What RH did was wrong. Pretty sure you'll get ZERO debate on that fact.

The question I ask of you is this. Have you ever done anything that you knew in your heart was wrong but you did it anyway? Don't answer this. It is rhetorical.

I'm saying this. RH made a serious mistake that he's owning up to. What? Do you think he should be cut? Why? Is he not living up to your ideal of "Patriot" standards? Fair enough.

Please do understand that it's not exactly about your ideal. Further to the point if it were all about "your ideal", whatever team you fielded would almost certainly suck! Just sayin'...

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Last edited:
I'm certain Mike Vrabel will come out strong against Rodney for doing this.

Rodney's violation is far more flagrant. Castillo used andro while rehabbing a college injury prior to joining the NFL. Rodney used the prohibited drug while an active NFL player and in full knowledge that he was in violation.

I'm not suggesting anything more than the four game suspension, I'm only suggesting that what's wrong for players on one team is wrong for players on the other teams. Like Castillo, Rodney is owning up to it but like it was wrong for Castilo to do it's also wrong for Rodney.
Rodney was suspended, Castillo wasn't - you have no point.

Weel, for one, Merriman is an a-hole.

You are so full of crap. Take a look at all your posts and then take a look back at the way you guys hounded every charger fan on our boards last play off game.

You GUYS are such hypocrites and homer apologists.

And, Merriman, is far from an a-hole. The guy has done so much charity work already in the league- even went down and rebuilt homes in New Orleans during his suspension. So what if he does a dance? Junior Seau made his name doing one. Just don't be a hater because Merriman has become one of the most dominant LB's in the league.

Merriman had one positive test during the summer and has had like 25 negative ones. Any chance it could have been a tainted supplement? Yes. Any chance he could have been cheating? Yes. Bottom line, your star safety cheated and you have no idea if he has been cheating for the last 4 years.

He had clearly lost a step in SD. There was a reason why we cut him. Could it be that he was on performance enhancing drugs the entire time he was helping you guys win rings. Aging players rarely get better after showing signs of slowing down.

And, yes, Rodney was one of my favorite players, just quit acting like your sh*t doesn't stink. BTW- is your punter still juiced up? Another little fact you guys liked to hide while blasting Merriman and the Chargers last year.

TAKE A LOOK IN THE MIRROR, PAT FANS.

We'll see you in a couple of weeks.

You are so full of crap. Take a look at all your posts and then take a look back at the way you guys hounded every charger fan on our boards last play off game.

And, Merriman, is far from an a-hole. The guy has done so much charity work already in the league- even went down and rebuilt homes in New Orleans during his suspension. So what if he does a dance? Junior Seau made his name doing one. Just don't be a hater because Merriman has become one of the most dominant LB's in the league.

Merriman had one positive test during the summer and has had like 25 negative ones. Any chance it could have been a tainted supplement? Yes. Any chance he could have been cheating? Yes. Bottom line, your star safety cheated and you have no idea if he has been cheating for the last 4 years.

He had clearly lost a step in SD. There was a reason why we cut him. Could it be that he was on performance enhancing drugs the entire time he was helping you guys win rings. Aging players rarely get better after showing signs of slowing down.

And, yes, Rodney was one of my favorite players, just quit acting like your sh*t doesn't stink. BTW- is your punter still juiced up? Another little fact you guys liked to hide while blasting Merriman and the Chargers last year.

Hey bolt.. take and put that Bolt where the sun don't shine... Your stooge Merrimam looks like a lil kid making excuses..be a REAL man and own up to it..but NO..he hasn't the balls to. Be a real man like Rodney and own up like he did..Other than that..u can have poor sport Tomlinson who after that incident showed what he's about..and go down the crapper in game 2.

Last edited:

Its sad so much truth will be wasted on delusional Pats fans who are still in the denail.

Weel, for one, Merriman is an a-hole.

What makes you say that?

Because he would do a dance after a big play? Your team has those kinda of players too...but regardless, he's said he's not going to do that this season...

Because he's regarded as the best linebacker in the NFL? Jealousy...

Maybe it's all the work he does raising money for the homeless...painting local homeless shelters for women & children...running clothing drives for the poor...

What an A-hole huh?

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hey bolt.. take and put that Bolt where the sun don't shine... Your stooge Merrimam looks like a lil kid making excuses..be a REAL man and own up to it..but NO..he hasn't the balls to. Be a real man like Rodney and own up like he did..Other than that..u can have poor sport Tomlinson who after that incident showed what he's about..and go down the crapper in game 2.

Hahaha...poor sport Tomlinson? Hahahaha....delusional is the right description for anyone that thinks that.

Tomlinson is WIDELY regarded by fans of the game, sports broadcasters, coaches, etc as being one of the classiest players in the league...especially amongst players of his caliber. Nice try though...it was cute...lol...

Come on, giving fans of opposing teams crap is what sports is all about. The day we all become friends and respect each other we might as well take up a sewing club.

Hahaha...poor sport Tomlinson? Hahahaha....delusional is the right description for anyone that thinks that.

Tomlinson is WIDELY regarded by fans of the game, sports broadcasters, coaches, etc as being one of the classiest players in the league...especially amongst players of his caliber. Nice try though...it was cute...lol...

Too bad he didn't act like it..PURE CLASSLESSNESS..many might be fooled by it but it showed big time....and he didn't apologize?? That is class isn't it...
When the s**t hits the fan HE SHOWED exactly what he was..yes..those people BELIEVE that..but after his actions I bet they are thinking a bit different...Or maybe U think that was classy what he did??

Tomlinson is WIDELY regarded by fans of the game, sports broadcasters, coaches, etc as being one of the classiest players in the league
I guess that's because he keeps telling everyone how classy he is.

First rule of being classy, Tomlinson - let other people say it FOR you. Tomlinson is a classless asswipe IMO.

Come on, giving fans of opposing teams crap is what sports is all about. The day we all become friends and respect each other we might as well take up a sewing club.

True, but at the same time some Pat fans were ridiculous in their sh*t talking in terms of Merriman and now that one of their favorite players got caught they are making double standard excuses. That's weak.

The patriots are a great team that many charger fans had mad respect for until some fans got totally out of control all over our message boards last year.

The good thing is we should both be in it again this year and we'll either have our revenge or you can rip our hearts out again.

Oh, and speaking of being a "man", Ken Caminiti admitted he was roided up when he won the 1996 MVP award. Doesn't change the fact that he cheated. Same with Rodney. I'm glad he sacked up, but to be honest the evidence was probably pretty black and white against him. He's a stand up guy and I've always liked him, but unfortunately his reputation will be tarnished.

I guess that's because he keeps telling everyone how classy he is.

First rule of being classy, Tomlinson - let other people say it FOR you. Tomlinson is a classless asswipe IMO.

Dude, if the chargers were doing a Seau dance on the Patriots emblem at midfield after the game is over just to be a ****, I would expect your team leaders to get over there to tell him to quit being an asswipe, too.

Can you imagine the Boston Red Sox winning the world series against the braves and then doing the tomahawk chop in center field just to piss off their fans and their opponents.

What Ellis Hobbs did was totally without class. He's honestly lucky he didn't get his head taken off by someone about 100 pounds larger than him.

LT was pissed off after the game and ADMITTED he spoke out of turn in regards to BB. I don't think he will ever apologize about going after Hobbs, though, nor should he.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back