PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney apologizes; full statement transcript; HGH used for injury recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me I will not pick up a stone against Rodney.
Today he showed charactor and I wish him the best for his future.
As Fans of New England, we need to put these emotions behind us and focus on whats important...winning the first 4 games.

We do save 1/4 of his salary toward the salary cap.
We can carry an extra person on the roster now.
Hopefully other players learn from his mistake and behave better.
Lets win the Superbowl guys!:rocker:

I love Rodney Harrison, still do, but the guy F'd up, and tried to get a competive edge , to come back and play football... People make mistakes, his carrer is not tainted , like the article in the Herald says.. He will pay, and so will his teamates because they were counting on him to be there... As a fan lets hope the team plays well in his absence, and a person hope he realize what a mistake he did and learn from it. Just because he is Rodney he is human

HGH and steroids are not as small a problem as people think. I would ponder that Rodney is not the only one on the Pats to be taking HGH and yes I do wonder how he got caught because I don't think he would blatantly use a credit card to buy HGH. I bet he is part of WWE ring where a vendor supplied them all and got caught and turned his name in.

I have a question for the people so eager to toss Rodney out with the trash: Do you judge the people you love so harshly? Does this eagerness for swift severe judgment extend to the rest of your world view, or do you reserve it only for the toy store of life, where even the scoreboard, and your indignation, have little real meaning?

Last edited:
HGH and steroids are not as small a problem as people think. I would ponder that Rodney is not the only one on the Pats to be taking HGH and yes I do wonder how he got caught because I don't think he would blatantly use a credit card to buy HGH. I bet he is part of WWE ring where a vendor supplied them all and got caught and turned his name in.
I agree...one wonders where else this goes..to coaches others..I think HGH is used a lot more than people think especially with no test for it.

See you Oct 7 Rodney! Well rested and ready to roll!

Rodney = class! ~

I have a question for the people so eager to toss Rodney out with the trash: Do you judge the people you love so harshly? Does this eagerness for swift severe judgment extend to the rest of your world view, or do you reserve it only for the toy store of life, where even the scoreboard, and your indignation, have little real meaning?

Well written and full of sound and fury but ultimately signifying . . .

Well, you know the rest.

It's a betrayal and cheating. It's not more than that, but it's that. Whether in a toy store or somewhere else.

Well written and full of sound and fury but ultimately signifying . . .

Well, you know the rest.

It's a betrayal and cheating. It's not more than that, but it's that. Whether in a toy store or somewhere else.

PFA,
I don't remember you ever saying Rodney should be $hitecanned, only that you were extremely disappointed in him and would never think of him the same way, a natural and understandable response. This is less relevant to you, but in our wonderful state of MA, the most powerful congressman ran a gay bordello out of his house and the senior senator abandoned his mistress to drown. But all these people are forgiven for their "indiscretions" by those such as RabthePat, while Rodney should be tossed out like yesterday's garbage.

Last edited:
I think it's pretty funny that so many people that are defending Harrison were the same ones who talked a wealth of smack about Shawne Merriman last year for using a tainted supplement. Yet Harrison went out and procured HGH with no doubt as to what he was doing and ya'll are sticking up for him.

So which is it?

Do you HATE all players that use banned substances?

Or just when they're from other teams?

How about the intent of the player?

Oh...and this isn't just hate from a Chargers fan to Pats fans...Harrison was my all-time favorite player back when he was with San Diego...and I still watched Pats games from time to time just to see him play.

Anyway...just wanted ya'll to think about that next time you want to talk smack about Merriman...:)

I think it's pretty funny that so many people that are defending Harrison were the same ones who talked a wealth of smack about Shawne Merriman last year for using a tainted supplement. Yet Harrison went out and procured HGH with no doubt as to what he was doing and ya'll are sticking up for him.

So which is it?

Do you HATE all players that use banned substances?

Or just when they're from other teams?

How about the intent of the player?

Oh...and this isn't just hate from a Chargers fan to Pats fans...Harrison was my all-time favorite player back when he was with San Diego...and I still watched Pats games from time to time just to see him play.

Anyway...just wanted ya'll to think about that next time you want to talk smack about Merriman...:)

Weel, for one, Merriman is an a-hole.

ProFootballTalk's analysis of Rodney's apology.

POSTED 9:34 a.m. EDT, September 1, 2007

HARRISON APPARENTLY DOESN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT "CHEATING" MEANS

On Friday night, Patriots safety Rodney Harrison addressed his recent suspension for violation of the league's policy on anabolic steroids and related substances. Harrison acknowledged using HGH.

Said Harrison: "I want to make it clear that not once did I ever use steroids. I did admit to the Commissioner that I did in fact use a banned substance. My purpose was never to gain a competitive edge. Rather, my use was solely for accelerating the healing process of injuries I sustained while playing football. I haven't made excuses, nor will I make excuses."

And, of course, Harrison says he hasn't made excuses . . . right after making an excuse.

You see, there's no difference between using banned substances to gain a competitive advantage and using HGH to accelerate the healing process. Accelerating the healing process is, by definition, a competitive advantage in a league where injuries undermine the ability of an individual and a team to be competitive.

NFL players who are always injured, or who can't return quickly from being injured, are at risk of becoming former NFL players. So, yes, using HGH is cheating -- even if it's "only" to speed the healing process.

Meanwhile, we're told by a couple of readers that Sean Salisbury of ESPN was spouting off on Friday night that he condones Harrison's behavior. Which further confirms to us that Salisbury is a complete moron who must have pictures of something other than Lil' Sean on his cellphone in order to remain employed.

Harrison will miss the first four games of the 2007 regular season. We also think he's suddenly at risk of being released, even if doing so would draw a grievance. Harrison is due to earn $2 million in base salary in 2007.

Yes. I expect my loved ones to live up to their talk, beliefs and image. For example, one of my brothers is an attorney. If he went out and stole a car I would be very hard and suggest he be disbarred. He knows right from wrong and cannot abuse the public trust.

Rodney is a 34 year old adult. A millionaire. A father. A role model. A team leader. Mr. Kraft should cut him and set an example. The Patriots are not the Raiders.

Yes. I expect my loved ones to live up to their talk, beliefs and image. For example, one of my brothers is an attorney. If he went out and stole a car I would be very hard and suggest he be disbarred. He knows right from wrong and cannot abuse the public trust.

Rodney is a 34 year old adult. A millionaire. A father. A role model. A team leader. Mr. Kraft should cut him and set an example. The Patriots are not the Raiders.

What a load of crap

Mr. Kraft should cut him and set an example. The Patriots are not the Raiders.
Because he did it or because he got caught ? If it's the former I bet Kraft, and every other owner, would have to cut more than half their team.

Are you going to voluntarily give up your drivers' license every time you go over the speed limit ? You're breaking the law, buddy.

Because he did it or because he got caught ? If it's the former I bet Kraft, and every other owner, would have to cut more than half their team.

Are you going to voluntarily give up your drivers' license every time you go over the speed limit ? You're breaking the law, buddy.

Bad analogy on your part. I am not saying Rodney should be barred from the NFL (give up drivers license). I am saying he should not be a Patriot.

The logic of Patriot's fans who defend Rodney show the bad effect of Rodney's actions on the Patriot Nation. You guys weren't defending Merriman like this.

mr. kraft should cut you as a fan of the team

Bad analogy on your part. I am not saying Rodney should be barred from the NFL (give up drivers license). I am saying he should not be a Patriot.
It's a perfect analogy.

Next time you go over the speed limit with your kids in your car are you going to cut yourself as their father for being a bad example ?

It's a perfect analogy.

Next time you go over the speed limit with your kids in your car are you going to cut yourself as their father for being a bad example ?

Nope you are wrong. It is still a bad analogy. Check with you high school English teacher.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back