PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Gronkowski injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
If gronk plays vs houston, he will probably play out the season until all starters are rested.

I'm assuming that the term "multiple weeks" is going to mean that he misses the Texans game, especially when he has already been ruled out for Sunday. Kind of hard to imagine him practicing 72 hrs later in preparation for the HOU game, but we'll have to see.

Judging by his importance to the team, Belichick's tendency to err on the side of caution, and Gronkowski's injury history in general, I wouldn't be surprised if he got the old "dust off" treatment for one or both of the divisional games in preparation for the postseason. That would not only mean missing the Texans game next Sunday, but possibly the one after that.

That's weird. I don't necessarily find it weird that they ruled him out . . . just that they did so early in the week. Whatever. If that's what it takes for him to be good to go when it matters most, then so be it.
Sounds like his Dad is involved again.

So is our D . . . assuming guys are back by that game. High is being called day-to-day right now. Collins seems like he will be back any day now. The secondary as a unit and individually is playing well. I like our chances against 1 1/2 weapons and an inconsistent QB (which also makes the fact that Hopkins is having such a season amazing).
Where did you here day to day for Hightower? I've been getting the impression he's likely to be multiple weeks as well.
Also, I wouldn't count on Collins this week either since he's just now started practicing after three weeks of no activity.

I wouldn't count on Collins this week either since he's just now started practicing after three weeks of no activity.
I think he'll play...IIRC, it's pretty common for Belichick to bring guys back on the preceding Friday, have them inactive Sunday, then have a full week of practice and play the next week.

I'm sure he'll have his snaps managed, but pretty sure he'll be on the field.

not this **** again...
its a minor strain. not major reconstructive surgery.

I don't even mind. 19-0 is over. They should be able to secure HFA without him. January Gronk is pivotal.

No one in the Patriots organization has said squat yet...lets wait and see.

No one in the Patriots organization has said squat yet...lets wait and see.
Are you sure? They have done the unprecedented. I can't believe what I have read from the Pats. So funny on many levels.

CVLAhPZUAAA_hB_.jpg:large

If we can somehow survive these next two games without gronk then bring him back for the jets game. Tough games though

That texans defense's playing very well. On the road. Won't be easy

I don't even mind. 19-0 is over. They should be able to secure HFA without him. January Gronk is pivotal.

he's gotten hurt during the playoffs before.
you cant prevent an injury. if he's ready he should play..

brady's had all kinds of bumps and bruises throughout his career yet always plays and he's out most important player

Well the Texans play Indy the week after the Pats so maybe they'll be looking past us.

:rolleyes:

he's gotten hurt during the playoffs before.
you cant prevent an injury. if he's ready he should play..

brady's had all kinds of bumps and bruises throughout his career yet always plays and he's out most important player

Players don't constantly dive at Brady's knees every single game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News