PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Gronkowski injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: Schefter tweeted on Monday evening that Gronkowski is not expected to play against the Eagles on Sunday and is likely to miss "multiple weeks." Per Schefter, Gronkowski's return date will be a pain-tolerance issue.

No way. If he is ready to go by the Titans game you play him until the last game and probably that one if are still contending for HFA. Why on Earth would you let him build up 5-6 weeks of rust if it's not necessary? :confused:
Gronk didnt play single snap in pre season. Caught 3 TDs vs steelers. He has no rust. BB values him a lot .If gets hurt vs titans at home if there is no desperate need to, you guys will be the ones first to kill BB.

UPDATE: Schefter tweeted on Monday evening that Gronkowski is not expected to play against the Eagles on Sunday and is likely to miss "multiple weeks." Per Schefter, Gronkowski's return date will be a pain-tolerance issue.
That's weird. I don't necessarily find it weird that they ruled him out . . . just that they did so early in the week. Whatever. If that's what it takes for him to be good to go when it matters most, then so be it.

Gronk didnt play single snap in pre season. Caught 3 TDs vs steelers. He has no rust. BB values him a lot .If gets hurt vs titans at home if there is no desperate need to, you guys will be the ones first to kill BB.
If a playoff bye is on the line against the Titans and Dolphins and Gronk is ready to roll and got injured again then no I would absolutely not blame Belichick.

If a playoff bye is on the line against the Titans and Dolphins and Gronk is ready to roll and got injured then no I would absolutely not blame Belichick.
Titans and dolphins are 2 games apart. By the fins game we should know where we stand. At home vs the titans if the bye is already clinched before the game and only #1 seed is remaining ,BB may debate playing gronk considering bengals and broncos still need to play each other after.

Titans and dolphins are 2 games apart. By the fins game we should know where we stand. At home vs the titans if the bye is already clinched before the game and only #1 seed is remaining ,BB may debate playing gronk considering bengals and broncos still need to play each other after.
Then the Jets (mixed them up), same deal except the Jets are a tougher team.

I agree that it might be a debate if we have a playoff bye. But if that is still up in the air and Gronk is no longer hobbled you've gotta play full strength regardless of the opponent.

Problem for Houston is that defense they run is one that BB knows like the back of his hand because it is the defense he ran for many years. He'll have a way to exploit it. And then there is Hoyer, take away Hopkins and Houston is going to have a difficult time.

Dolphins, come on that team just fired another coach and it will be the last week of the season they might make it a game for a quarter but most of those players will be mentally gone.

much easier said than done. hopkins is having a great year.

Then the Jets (mixed them up), same deal except the Jets are a tougher team.

I agree that it might be a debate if we have a playoff bye. But if that is still up in the air and Gronk is no longer hobbled you've gotta play full strength regardless of the opponent.
If they get past eagles and houston, they should be in a great spot for a bye. Houston game is huge. and I hate its in primetime again, to get the home team more amped up. If gronk plays vs houston, he will probably play out the season until all starters are rested. But considering how BB has handled Gronk,inactive during preseason, inactive-zero snaps vs bills last game last yr, I feel BB will be super extra cautious about Gronk.Heck, in the "Do your job" thing he says that gronk being missing was the difference in the 2013 AFCCG .When has he openly admitted that about an injured player.

Problem for Houston is that defense they run is one that BB knows like the back of his hand because it is the defense he ran for many years. He'll have a way to exploit it. And then there is Hoyer, take away Hopkins and Houston is going to have a difficult time.

Dolphins, come on that team just fired another coach and it will be the last week of the season they might make it a game for a quarter but most of those players will be mentally gone.
Well..romeo also knows how to handle brady especially with all the injuries. so knowledge goes both ways. I remember the giants players in 2007 were saying they saw the cleveland game vs the pats during the regular season vs a crennel coached browns team as great primer of how to defend the pats. If Gronk or high+collins play(s) we have a better chance vs houston otherwise it will be another down to the wire type of thing

Jets and Texans are the remaining tough match ups. The way I see it (all else equal):

• Rest against Philly - I don't think he can play just yet anyways
  • Suit him up but don't start him against Houston - only if **** hits the fan and we end up trailing, let him get there. Otherwise, have him sit this one out.
  • Titans - give him sunglasses and a pina colada and let him chill at home.
  • Miami - At this point, the seeding picture should be clearer. Have him suit up but keep him on the sidelines in case of an emergency, otherwise, sit him out.
  • Jets - If we have the #1 locked, sit him. If we don't, I'd play him for HFA throughout.

A little worse of a report there from what it was, but I will take it considering what we thought initially. Just hope this multiple weeks thing doesn't become a month or so. Need him back for that Jets game.

much easier said than done. hopkins is having a great year.
So is our D . . . assuming guys are back by that game. High is being called day-to-day right now. Collins seems like he will be back any day now. The secondary as a unit and individually is playing well. I like our chances against 1 1/2 weapons and an inconsistent QB (which also makes the fact that Hopkins is having such a season amazing).

A little worse of a report there from what it was, but I will take it considering what we thought initially. Just hope this multiple weeks thing doesn't become a month or so. Need him back for that Jets game.

rap sheet says he might not miss a game, now its a week or two depending on pain tolerance. i think we're missing some of info.

this idea of resting him to prevent injury doesnt make sense since gronk can get hurt on any play. you cant prevent injuries in this league. though tom brady and alex guerrero would disagree with that.

I really want him to wear 2 of these from now on, just in case

9pWM390.png
Two on each leg I suppose?

rap sheet says he might not miss a game, now its a week or two depending on pain tolerance. i think we're missing some of info.

this idea of resting him to prevent injury doesnt make sense since gronk can get hurt on any play. you cant prevent injuries in this league. though tom brady and alex guerrero would disagree with that.

It worked for Seattle in 2013 when they saved Harvin for the SB.

Well..romeo also knows how to handle brady especially with all the injuries. so knowledge goes both ways. I remember the giants players in 2007 were saying they saw the cleveland game vs the pats during the regular season vs a crennel coached browns team as great primer of how to defend the pats. If Gronk or high+collins play(s) we have a better chance vs houston otherwise it will be another down to the wire type of thing

The game passed Romeo by at least 5 years ago. And the present Patriots offense is NOTHING like it was from 2001-2005. Hell its nothing like it was from 2007-2010. Or 2011-2012. He has no insight into this offense, at least no more than any other coach in the league.

It worked for Seattle in 2013 when they saved Harvin for the SB.
He had a big return. Not much of a receiver.

TO vs the Pats in 04 SB was an epic performance.

I really want him to wear 2 of these from now on, just in case

9pWM390.png
I want him to wear kevlar from head to toe

Just win next week and things become clearer.

I'm still furious at the nature of the Denver New England contest however, that pales into insignificance to me if Gronk is fine and he's capable of playing (at full health) in the season and during the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back