PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Right On Schedule, Brady's WR Starters Emerge

We have 4 receivers on the field at a time (between WR and TE's). Amendola, Dobson/Thompkins and 2 TE's will likely be the base set. All 3 will be out there when we play 1 TE. Absent injuries, there is little room for Boyce to get reps. He is likely to be inactive. When was the last time that the #4 WR receiver had lots of reps? This is especially relevant given the TE talent on the roster.

I'm not so sure

I have a gut feeling that McDaniels wants to revert to a 2003/2004 approach of spreading the ball. When Brady throws to one guy enough to complete well over 110 passes, it's easy to predict where the ball is going on the "must make" plays.

Spreading the ball like they used to do - given the fact that they appear to suddenly have a glut of talent - strikes me as the wisest approach.

Amendola may in fact be a better WR than Welker - but his ultimate number of catches might not show it (but I hope his Super Bowl rings will!)

Given that BB had been drafting the position from day one of his tenure, I think it's pretty darned easy to claim it took several years.

Seeing as how drafting is not the only way
to try stocking positions, I'll just note our disagreements and leave it at that.

I mentioned a trade (Ocho) and FA signings (Lloyd and JAGs that include but are not limited to Gafney, Stalworth, Galloway, an old Branch, etc.) but thanks for pointing out that drafting is not the only way to stock up.

Again, what we've invested in the receiver position over 4 years doesnt even come close to what the Falcons gave up for 1 player.

As another poster said, patching up deficiencies with late round picks, cheap UFAs and other team's castaways does NOT constitute a rebuild.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back