PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revis Signs with NYJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Johnson comments will not get any more than what other tampering cases. If they can prove somehow the Jets spoke with Revis before the Pats declined to pick up the option, then the tampering case has much more teeth. It goes from an idiot owner making a stupid comment to a sustained ongoing effort to tamper with a player. That would justify a prescient setting penalty by the league.
With all the leaks this weekend you don't think they could duff something up?

This is definitely a jest move. You the jest have um-teen holes to fill and you spend crazy money on one player. now opposing teams just throw to the opposite side of the field because you spent all your corner back money on one player. revis will NEVER sniff another championship again.
The best thing about the Revis guarantees is the precedent it sets for re-signing the few talented youngsters they have AND available free agents.

The Jets improved their team but they also ****ed themselves. It's the same **** the poorly run teams make year in year out.

Sweet logic.

Feel free to call me out if this no name corner we have yet to sign helps us be better. Until then you can allow us who feel a all time corner happens to be something of a small loss feel it.

Warned already this year. Then signs player involved in second infringement to richest positional contact in league history. Swap seconds minimum. Severe fines against CAP as well.

Or deal voided because of tampering? :)

Feel free to call me out if this no name corner we have yet to sign helps us be better. Until then you can allow us who feel a all time corner happens to be something of a small loss feel it.
Everyone feels that way. However, reasonable people and you diverge at the notion that the team literally can't possibly do anything to improve or make up for the losses within the next six months.

I never completely stopped hating Revis, so this will be a seamless transition. Sure, I sorta liked him when he was shutting guys down but every time he gave up 50 yards in a game, I could say "I still hate you, **@*!**%*#**"

As disappointing as it is, I've already moved on. I know people will belly ache all offseason and throughout the regular season but I'm over it. The team will get things figured out like they always do. The secondary needs to be better than the one we are looking at right now and I would hope it is but there may need to be a draft pick dedicated to the corner position.

We've gone 13-3 and 12-4 with pretty rough secondaries in the past four years. The sky is not falling. Believe it or not I happen to trust that an organization which has dominated the new century and won four titles. I also tire of people saying we would never have done it without Revis. We went the same record as last year with Revis and if I recall it was the offense who was bailing out the defense in the divisional round and vanquishing a 10 point deficit in the Super Bowl.

Revis is great but the championship was about a lot more than just him however people like to spin it. Still we are in a difficult place right now but I will certainly maintain faith that we sort it out and Revis can be content with the money and mediocrity.

These dislikes are honestly hilarious. You people glad that we isn't sign Revis or something????

Yeah, we don't need him. BB is a genius, we won the Super Bowl last year and everything is awesome!!!!!

No, but some of us who have followed the Pats for 50 years realize how good we have it with this owner and BB.

We under stand the discipline required to win in the salary cap era and are thankful that while the FO makes some mistakes we have the chance to win it all almost every year and appreciate going to 9 C conference championship games in the past 15 years and think chicken littles who don't understand this are laughable.

Moving on to the rest of the offseason looking forward to seeing the product on the field this year.

No choice but to move on but everyone in the afc is on an even field if u asked me. Are we still that much better then the donkeys even though they lost alot of big players

I bet we can get some good deals on the Revis Super Bowl autographs floating around. I don't think Patriots fans or Jets fans are buying those...

B_yI7iWUsAAb7-2.jpg

Just came in and caught up on the thread....so....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm over it.

First off, calling Revis "Mevi$" and a "whore" is absurd. He came up with the Jets, cut his teeth with the Jets, and now he's going back to New York for a TON of money. Good for him. Oh, and thanks, Revis, for stopping through New England and hoisting a Lombardi with us. Was fun to watch you play in the Flying Elvis.

AFCE has gone bonkers this year, with Suh, the Buffalo acquisitions (including Rex) and now this huge deal for Revis. Makes me nuts that we lost him and Browner - really enjoyed that D last year and thought they could be really special with a year under their belts. Huge dice rolls by the teams forever chasing us - can you imagine how hamstrung Miami is if Suh gets hurt or doesn't live up to the contract?

Pats have the money to bring in three good players now - DL, hopefully, and a corner (is there one, other than Cromartie?). They'll come up with something and they'll be competitive. Get Sheard and Rubin - with Easley's development, suddenly that DL is looking pretty good.

Get Harvin (I know, head case, but sometimes you gotta hope) and Bush or Helu.

The only thing that bugs me is that it might take a year or two for them to truly get past this great shakeup, and Brady doesn't have many left.

Tough day to be a Pats fan, sure, but we just got a Lombardi and we've still a pretty damned good team here. We got knocked down, but we'll get up again....

Soooo, who are the top cbs in the draft, its a very familiar situation for the pats.

I kind of surprised the amount of doomsday in this thread. It sucks Revis chose the loot, but many people here seem to think he was the difference between winning the SB this year and not. We could say the same about a lot of this years troop. I heard names like Collins, Wilfork, and Mccourty far more then Revis this year on big plays. For every one saying Browner or Mccourty wouldn't have fared well without Revis? Maybe, just maybe, Revis wouldn't have fared well without them. We have an excellent LB core and will see what BB referred to as the heart of our D returning in Mayo. We're going to be fine. People here seem to think the only reason our defence improved last year was because our secondary. We have a superb LB Core our DL isn't to shabby, and we also have one of the best defensive coaches in history. A move here,,,, a move there,,, maybe we'll luck out and have a good secondary. FF sake,, get a grip.

Just came in and caught up on the thread....so....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm over it.

First off, calling Revis "Mevi$" and a "whore" is absurd. He came up with the Jets, cut his teeth with the Jets, and now he's going back to New York for a TON of money. Good for him. Oh, and thanks, Revis, for stopping through New England and hoisting a Lombardi with us. Was fun to watch you play in the Flying Elvis.

AFCE has gone bonkers this year, with Suh, the Buffalo acquisitions (including Rex) and now this huge deal for Revis. Makes me nuts that we lost him and Browner - really enjoyed that D last year and thought they could be really special with a year under their belts. Huge dice rolls - can you imagine how hamstrung is if Suh gets hurt or doesn't live up to the contract?

Pats have the money to bring in three good players now - DL, hopefully, and a corner (is there one, other than Cromartie?). They'll come up with something and they'll be competitive. Get Sheard and Rubin - with Easley's development, suddenly that DL is looking pretty good.

Get Harvin (I know, head case, but sometimes you gotta hope) and Bush or Helu.

The only thing that bugs me is that it might take a year or two for them to truly get past this great shakeup, and Brady doesn't have many left.

Tough day to be a Pats fan, sure, but we just got a Lombardi and we've still a pretty damned good team here. We got knocked down, but we'll get up again....
I would like Harvin or Bush very much. I'd prefer Harvin because if he plays up to his potential our offense could be a juggernaut. Give Tommy more protection and more weapons, baby!

No one can argue that we are literally worse now than we was super bowl sunday.

Browner, vince, vereen and Revis.

There's no way the pats can field a team next season better than the one we had this yr and it's blatant homerism to think they was so much better than everyone else they it levels out.

They could field a pass rush better than last year's team, and ultimately elevate an inferior secondary. The pass rush was not good last year. That can be improved. Also, the Pats only play 4 what I would consider good passing offenses next season - Den, Indy, Dallas and Pitt. Possibly 5 with the NYG. The rest, Buffalo, NYJ, Miami, Washington, Jax, Tenn and Houston leave something to be desired in terms of passing games. Philly is a wild card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back