PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revis Signs with NYJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one glimmer of hope from all of this is you have to assume Belichick thinks pretty high of Malcolm Butler.

In Bill We Trust.

No one can argue that we are literally worse now than we was super bowl sunday.

Browner, vince, vereen and Revis.

There's no way the pats can field a team next season better than the one we had this yr and it's blatant homerism to think they was so much better than everyone else they it levels out.

No way, huh? Can't sign any free agents, draft anyone, get contributions from other players?

Man, that sucks.

I don't understand all the doom and gloom. Do we really think that Belichick can't find alternative uses for $21M a year over the next three years? We all wanted to see Revis and Browner here at $21M a year. Perhaps, Belichick can find a different way to win with $21M a year to spend.
Well let's see.. Hightower jones n solder's contracts will need to be redone

After seeing the contract breakdown I think revis was going to the jets all along.

I think he used us and the appeal of winning to drive their bid up. Obviously I don't know what the pats offered, but based on the initial reports of their mid 30s guarantee this contract hardly seems like the megadeal I expected them to offer to lure him away.

Thanks for #4 revis. May you enjoy no further success on the football field and in the name of Tom Brady I hope we have a plan

Butler made the INT. That's making all the difference on the board.
Just wait until this team can't get off the field on third downs next year. Game day threads will be a dumpster fire.

I think you have it backwards.

McCourty is the backbone of that D, and cleans up pretty good.

Revis can only cover half a field.

10 times out of 10, I would rather keep McCourty over Revis.
So...how do you explain how awful the secondary was the previous 3 years?

noun mer·ce·nary \ˈmər-sə-ˌner-ē, -ne-rē\
: a soldier who is paid by a foreign country to fight in its army : a soldier who will fight for any group or country that hires him

That's what he is. Nothing wrong with it. Those of us, myself included, who fantasized otherwise were wrong.

Bottom line: the Patriots are worse off without him and the Jets are better off...BUT...he won't get another ring with the Jets.

It's over. He's gone. Next man up!

Well, we know one thing, there is no way the Revis is playing for only $11 million in each of years 4 and 5.

You meant it in the holdout sense but I still agree.

Year 4 33-year-old Revis is probably worth $6 million a year and gets cut.

To this point he has bet on himself every year and taken his contract as salary. Now he wants guaranteed money for as long as possible. He knows the clock is ticking.

Just wait until this team can't get off the field on third downs next year. Game day threads will be a dumpster fire.

Game day threads will always be game day threads, for better or worse. They were the usual game day threads this year.

What gives me pause, is how Revis was crying like a baby on the field after the SB win. What did that really mean?

It meant he was happy he finally won a SB and got a ring. That's all it meant.

At this point we need the Pats to resign Hightower and Jones. I don't mind losing Mayo, he hasn't been great the last few seasons and he is becoming injury prone.

LOL! Yes, it is moronic to have faith in Belichick over a arguably the most successful track record of any head coach/GM in NFL history. Of course two months after winning his fourth Super Bowl with the Patriots, he has turned into Al Davis reincarnated.

And no, being a chicken little is not remotely objective. I love when chick littles claim they are objective. You lack perspective as much as the homers do. Maybe more because at least this team have proven to be consistently a Super Bowl contender.
Whatever you say, man. Ten years of coming up just short followed by a Lombardi and we're ready to mail it in. Sounds good

They already have proof. Woody was caught red handed with his hand in the cookie jar. I'd be happy with a 3rd round swap and a 6th round pick. The rule clearly states SEVERE punishment. Tired of Goodell letting the Jets off the hook again and again and again. I didn't buy into this whole thing Joker was spewing years again but it's really come to light. He was right all along.

Just to add to the things they have gotten away with, discussing cap money reminds me that Goodell also basically blew off some of the Rats cap penalty after the uncapped year. I don't remember the details and will try to dig that up.

Has he EVER imposed any significant penalties on the Rats for anything??

Revis signed for 5/70. I have no idea why we couldn't offer at least 5/70. That's 14m per year and I felt all along, that's the minimum it would take to land Revis.
This is not an averaging type of deal. in 3 years, if he is still good, he will complain about being under paid.
He is going to get 16m, 17m and 15m for the next three years. He is good, but other than a QB, a good one at that, the Patriots have not really changed. They needed McCourty for stability point of view.

So...how do you explain how awful the secondary was the previous 3 years?

The previous 3 years (prior to this year), we were 12-4, 12-4, and 13-3.

Is that awful?

Ahh you've decided to just do some trolling,, I see and you're doing a piss poor job of it. No problem. I'll just put you on ignore for a couple of days while you make an ass of yourself. There's no need to let your dumbassery make the threads more ridiculous than they already are.
Keep me on ignore and make another post about it. At least you skipped the moving goal posts and straw man steps. Kinda like going straight from a double-dog-dare to a triple-dog-dare, but considered more of a mercy than a breech of etiquette.

Jamie Collins rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back