PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reports: Thomas will be inactive vs. Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious to see what this D can do with 11 people who give a damn on the field.

Good, time to get rid of the distraction. I am disappointed he never played up to his potential in NE. It would have been sweet if he could play as well as he could talk sh!t.

Holley and Fauria on the pre game show had some interesting insight into what is going on in context. Guys are late all the time. It gets dealt with in house. The fine is the least of the consequences. Giving teamates ammunition to ride you was the thing that stung most. Unless of course someone drops a dime. Holley will bet anyone any amout that Shalise got a call or an email from Adalius and the reason was he wanted to take down the castle as Christian characterized it.

Both Fauria and Holley are adamant that AD was this guy from the day he arrived. And they knew that going in to some extent. It was no different than the risk they took bringing in Dillon or Moss. He had to be "broken down" by a group of core leaders that included Rosie (who Holley remains tight with) over the course of 2006, and reportedly he was. Christian said back in the day there was a guy around every corner (including fringe playing time guys like Izzo and Davis) prepared to get in your face and ask you what you thought you were doing. AD eventually was brought to heel by the pack (Fauria compared it to what the dog whisperer does to the rogue when he works it with in a well trained pack).

Fact is we don't have a pack within the unit or on the defense to bring this clown to heel. And after being characterized (marginalized) both in Baltimore (where Ray rules and AD was a boy among men) and NE (where he arrived with his brinks deal only to be told to get with the program and forget what you think we should do because we have a system here and the rings to prove it works) he saw his shot to lead his way.

The core problem is you can't make guys be wholesale policemen if they aren't comfortable in that role. They don't have to be superstars, but they have to embrace the role. AD saw his opportunity to start doing things his way in the void created as the old guard vacated their leadership positions and enough of the new guard didn't feel comfortable or ready to step up. Fauria says in the wake of what he's chosen to do, which he characterizes as an attempt to take down the castle to avenge his ego, it should be getting easier for otherwise reluctant effort guys to become so pissed in the wake of having some clown essentially threaten their livelihood and everything they've individually invested in a season that their reluctance will give way to a resolve in attitude about being vocal leaders.

I hope this team finds a way to win another SB or two over the next couple of seasons because it Patriots Still Reign would be one hell of a read.

In the meantime this should remain a cautionary tale going forward for those who want to revisit bringing in troubled talent to bridge any perceived roster gaps. Like Fauria says, most guys are who the are and you can't change them wholesale, the best you can hope to to is manage them. And apparently it takes a village as the saying goes...

Holley and Fauria on the pre game show had some interesting insight into what is going on in context. Guys are late all the time. It gets dealt with in house. The fine is the least of the consequences. Giving teamates ammunition to ride you was the thing that stung most. Unless of course someone drops a dime. Holley will bet anyone any amout that Shalise got a call or an email from Adalius and the reason was he wanted to take down the castle as Christian characterized it.

Both Fauria and Holley are adamant that AD was this guy from the day he arrived. And they knew that going in to some extent. It was no different than the risk they took bringing in Dillon or Moss. He had to be "broken down" by a group of core leaders that included Rosie (who Holley remains tight with) over the course of 2006, and reportedly he was. Christian said back in the day there was a guy around every corner (including fringe playing time guys like Izzo and Davis) prepared to get in your face and ask you what you thought you were doing. AD eventually was brought to heel by the pack (Fauria compared it to what the dog whisperer does to the rogue when he works it with in a well trained pack).

Fact is we don't have a pack within the unit or on the defense to bring this clown to heel. And after being characterized (marginalized) both in Baltimore (where Ray rules and AD was a boy among men) and NE (where he arrived with his brinks deal only to be told to get with the program and forget what you think we should do because we have a system here and the rings to prove it works) he saw his shot to lead his way.

The core problem is you can't make guys be wholesale policemen if they aren't comfortable in that role. They don't have to be superstars, but they have to embrace the role. AD saw his opportunity to start doing things his way in the void created as the old guard vacated their leadership positions and enough of the new guard didn't feel comfortable or ready to step up. Fauria says in the wake of what he's chosen to do, which he characterizes as an attempt to take down the castle to avenge his ego, it should be getting easier for otherwise reluctant effort guys to become so pissed in the wake of having some clown essentially threaten their livelihood and everything they've individually invested in a season that their reluctance will give way to a resolve in attitude about being vocal leaders.

I hope this team finds a way to win another SB or two over the next couple of seasons because it Patriots Still Reign would be one hell of a read.

In the meantime this should remain a cautionary tale going forward for those who want to revisit bringing in troubled talent to bridge any perceived roster gaps. Like Fauria says, most guys are who the are and you can't change them wholesale, the best you can hope to to is manage them. And apparently it takes a village as the saying goes...

Interesting if true. If so, it suggests a major error in judgment in bringing AD in to begin with. I understand that we've had success with Dillon and Moss, but they bought into the program wholeheartedly; it doesn't sound like Thomas ever did. If a guy doesn't buy into the program to begin with then there doesn't seem to be much reason to go after him.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but it sounds like a very costly error in judgment.

Interesting and thanks for posting this. it's really too bad he feels the need to feed his ego so much because he is a talented athlete.

It does appear that having all of those veterans on D leave has left a large void in the locker room that has been very, very hard to fill.

Interesting if true. If so, it suggests a major error in judgment in bringing AD in to begin with. I understand that we've had success with Dillon and Moss, but they bought into the program wholeheartedly; it doesn't sound like Thomas ever did. If a guy doesn't buy into the program to begin with then there doesn't seem to be much reason to go after him.

Then, going back to 2007, how the h*** do you explain the "Humble Pie" shirts (remember: Thomas is the one who had them made)? In retrospect, I'm just dumbfounded.

Then, going back to 2007, how the h*** do you explain the "Humble Pie" shirts (remember: Thomas is the one who had them made)? In retrospect, I'm just dumbfounded.

good point....what's changed since then? maybe he's po'ed cause mayo is lead dog.

good point....what's changed since then? maybe he's po'ed cause mayo is lead dog.

No one left to beat his arse into being a good teammate? All the vet leaders are gone and he wants to be the leader now except doing it his way, which is not the Patriots Way

The way I read it, what changed is the locker room ass kickers are gone. Much like a kid who's good when his parents are home then has a kegger when they leave for the weekend.

AD saw his opportunity to start doing things his way in the void created as the old guard vacated their leadership positions and enough of the new guard didn't feel comfortable or ready to step up.

One thing I'm not sure if Holley and Fauria understand (maybe they mentioned this, I don't know) is that if he were intelligent enough, AD would understand that no matter what, the Patriots literally couldn't afford to cut him this year.

Which, of course, makes this recent c*** all the more galling.

Great point! Bet none in the media are speculating on those before tossing him under the bus.

Who knows what the heck is really going on for the last two years? It is unfortunate that AD is at this stage and going by Bruschi's chat, it looks like fault is more on AD w.r.t dealing with the coach's decisions in this kind of a public manner.

Let's have him as a waterboy for the reminder of the season before the inevitable.
:cool:

The post by MoLewis: isn't that what we've been told over and over again, that that is the Patriot way. Did any rookie ever voice his opinion when Willie was around?
That post seems very accurate and is what we bought into during the dynasty years.

Like the guys said, he was broken down and then kept in line so it appeared as if he'd bought in. Subconsciously though he remained the guy from Baltimore who saw himself as something other than a follower or a piece of someone's puzzle. Add in getting involved with the NFLPA post likely re inflating his ego and you have a guy regressing to his personal norm. His teamates made a huge mistake electing him to a position most guys see as a chore.

Holley was just saying that Springs is the same guy. Fauria thought that was a stretch having played with him in DC. But Holley was adamant that is what they are seeing. Guys aren't happy with the way they are being used by Pees. That's nothing new, players had issues back in the day, too, but in the past their issues were overall results based and they approached Bill privately with their input on that basis. I think that's how Eric lost his red shirt down the stretch in 2006. Now it's all about my usage and results and blaming their own shortcomings on scheme. That won't fly here even it you have a valid point on some levels... Bill has always listened to his smartest and most committed players input. But at the end of the day if he doesn't see effort and execution within the game plan and lots of rationalization from the player as to why that's happening, he's not gonna listen to excuses. Trust is earned on a two way street. Tell him what you believe is wrong and why and before you or your unit screws up, not afterwards. Reminds me of his comments on Brady telling him things in game that the film absolutely bore out. Insight vs. excuses. Holley also shared a snipet about how after the Baltimore game in 2007 Tedy pulled Bill off the bus before they left for the airport and implored him "work us harder..."

The way I read it, what changed is the locker room ass kickers are gone. Much like a kid who's good when his parents are home then has a kegger when they leave for the weekend.

Thats how I read it.

You people have truly gone BANANAS!!!!!!! Look, this is what happens when a team is not living up to expectations. Every little thing gets blown up and exaggerated. And there must be scapegoats. Now all of a sudden thomas is the devil? Sorry dont buy it. Dont care who claim to have the scoop. Be honest with urself, will anybody be calling AD a cancer if the team did not lose 3 games by a combined 5 points? When a good team starts losing, fans n media tend to panic. Its nothing new. There is a thread right now on steeler fever saying all 53 needs to go. And these were the guys that won the SB just 10 months ago. My point, its about wining n losing. Save me the cancer nonsense

Holley will bet anyone any amount that Shalise got a call or an email from Adalius and the reason was he wanted to take down the castle as Christian characterized it.

If true, I wonder how SMY feels about being used in this way.

Lately, the Boston sports babblers are a bit too gleeful about the demise of the Patriots, though I can't say I've noticed it with her..

They were also spot on with Ray Lewis being completely right about AD and his need to talk through the press in place of keeping it behind closed doors. He's shown his true colors and won't be missed. The segment really made me miss Colvin who was always a favorite. Rosie could be brash but it was always direct at the other team to pump his guys up. If they're going to sign FA's that's the type they need. Not only the talent but the right attitude. Carlos Dansby for instance talent wise would be a great fit but they need to make sure it's a Rosie attitude and not the fake humble pie attitude.

Like the guys said, he was broken down and then kept in line so it appeared as if he'd bought in. Subconsciously though he remained the guy from Baltimore who saw himself as something other than a follower or a piece of someone's puzzle. Add in getting involved with the NFLPA post likely re inflating his ego and you have a guy regressing to his personal norm. His teamates made a huge mistake electing him to a position most guys see as a chore.

Holley was just saying that Springs is the same guy. Fauria thought that was a stretch having played with him in DC. But Holley was adamant that is what they are seeing. Guys aren't happy with the way they are being used by Pees. That's nothing new, players had issues back in the day, too, but in the past their issues were overall results based and they approached Bill privately with their input on that basis. I think that's how Eric lost his red shirt down the stretch in 2006. Now it's all about my usage and results and blaming their own shortcomings on scheme. That won't fly here even it you have a valid point on some levels... Bill has always listened to his smartest and most committed players input. But at the end of the day if he doesn't see effort and execution within the game plan and lots of rationalization from the player as to why that's happening, he's not gonna listen to excuses. Trust is earned on a two way street. Tell him what you believe is wrong and why and before you or your unit screws up, not afterwards. Reminds me of his comments on Brady telling him things in game that the film absolutely bore out. Insight vs. excuses. Holley also shared a snipet about how after the Baltimore game in 2007 Tedy pulled Bill off the bus before they left for the airport and implored him "work us harder..."
Dude please stop. LOL @ he was broken down. The 35 million dollar free agent was broken down. Yeah ok. He was kept in line. yeah sure. Just like moss right? U do realize ur talking about grown ass men. *pictures guys approaching moss to read him the riot act* sorry cant see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News