PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report (Unconfirmed) - Patriots sign Brandon Browner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a guy that was not drafted, played in the CFL for a number of years, then all of the sudden comes to the NFL and is immediately a star, and then shortly thereafter gets suspended for PEDs (4 games, the later full season suspension was apparently unrelated to PEDs). It's a fact pattern that raises some red flags, at least for me.

Weed is only a performance enhancer if you're listening to Pink Floyd.

I could see keeping Adrian Wilson around for Games 1-4, and then a shadow roster type of guy? How much interest would he generate on the market?

Sounds like he never left and he's signing tomorrow. So says the twitterverse.

"he wait might be over.

Cornerback Brandon Browner is negotiating a contract with the Patriots and has no plans to leave Foxboro to visit any other team, according to a source. The Patriots are said to be Browner's "priority."

This finally adds some clarity to a storyline that has taken plenty of twists and turns over the past 24 hours, but the Browner is poised to make it work with the Pats, who are beefing up their secondary by adding a 6-foot-4, 221-pounder to the mix. The deal will be done "as soon as possible," according to the source. It's still unclear of the terms."

IMO - That's just the smoke-mirror stuff the Agent has been doing..

I could see keeping Adrian Wilson around for Games 1-4, and then a shadow roster type of guy? How much interest would he generate on the market?

Adrian Wilson is signed for 3 years / $5 million with the New England Patriots. He is making $1.50 million in 2014.

Not really much to cut him for, I guess...

Hearing that he hadn't in fact left Foxboro is all I need to know

Why does everyone just assume he will jump in and play safety? Did he ever play that position with Seattle or college? I honestly don't know. Just seems like group think conjecture based on nothing but a player's height.

I hear that his on his way to Washington then new Orleans as his agent talks to the pats and Oakland... just Browners agent trying to drive up the price on the pats, new England front office does not like playing games if his agent keeps this up the pats will pass on him,

in the end if he does not sign here he will be the forgotten man in Washington or Oakland if he signs a one year deal with the pats he could have a good season and the go get paid

I hear that his on his way to Washington then new Orleans as his agent talks to the pats and Oakland... just Browners agent trying to drive up the price on the pats, new England front office does not like playing games if his agent keeps this up the pats will pass on him,

in the end if he does not sign here he will be the forgotten man in Washington or Oakland if he signs a one year deal with the pats he could have a good season and the go get paid

That was an old report. He never went to Washington, as he was originally supposed to.

Ben Volin ✔ @BenVolin

RT @JosinaAnderson CB Brandon Browner told me he's agreed to join the Patriots. "I'm taking a 3-year deal to play for New England."

Don't know if real...lets hope

3 year 17million. That's a lot more than I expected....Wow.

Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson 2m

Filed to ESPN: CB Brandon Browner told me he's agreed to join the Patriots. "I'm taking a 3-year deal to play for New England."

Browner signed, 3 years 17 million:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/444611669247787008

More money than I would have guessed (mostly due to the suspension), but not bad at all. If he's going to play SS, that puts him just slightly above what TJ Ward got, and well below Whitner.

I wonder if there's some kind of clause that protects the Pats in the event that he gets a yearlong suspension.

This getting finished tonight or is his agent playing hockey?

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m

Patriots and CB Brandon Browner reached agreement on a three-year, $17M deal, per @JosinaAnderson. Peter Schaffer can go play hockey.

Let's gooooooooooooooooooooooo

wow - that's a lot of money no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back