PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: The NFL is looking at a brand new way to piss off its paying fan base

Let's just say I'm calling bullcrap, so yeah I guess you could say I'm doubting the veracity of your statements.

If you have pressing business commitments that you absolutely need to attend to on a Sunday, then I suggest you not plan on attending a professional football game on the same day - especially one in Foxboro which is out in the middle of nowhere and even on a good day, you're in about 2 hours of traffic getting out.

Sorry, but if your wife's sister is getting married on the same day the Patriots host the Broncos, then guess what.... you're not making the game, whether they play at 1:00, 4:25 or 8:30.

How gracious of you to make this generous of of free (and completely) unsolicited advice.

So if I've got a business meeting that requires me to be at Logan at 5:00 am Monday morning and the game gets flexed from 1:00 to 8:30, I shouldn't feel inconvenienced?

For the record, I've missed less than 10 home games since 1971. Off the top of my head, I can think of two weddings and one christening that I've attended on a day that I've also been in Foxboro, so I've got a pretty good handle on when I can and cannot make the game.

Threre's only eight home games a year and I'd like to attend all of them. So when the league makes that more diffiicult for me, I don't like it.

You are entitled to your opinion. In this case, I disagree with you. Not sure why this makes me full of crap but that's what I get for engaging in converations on the internet.

How gracious of you to make this generous of of free (and completely) unsolicited advice.

So if I've got a business meeting that requires me to be at Logan at 5:00 am Monday morning and the game gets flexed from 1:00 to 8:30, I shouldn't feel inconvenienced?
Oh I admitted that a move to a late game could easily be an inconvenience. But if you buy a ticket for a Patriots game taking place in mid-November or later, then that's a chance you take. And sorry, but I cannot criticize the league one bit for flexing games to NBC because it makes a better viewing experience for millions and millions of fans.

I'm glad we all saw Den-KC last night instead of NYG-GB. Just not feeling terribly sorry for those Broncos fans who had to get up Monday morning.

Furthermore, this "flexing" has been going on for several years now. So, getting back to the complaining made in the original post, this new announcement hasn't changed anything.
For the record, I've missed less than 10 home games since 1971. Off the top of my head, I can think of two weddings and one christening that I've attended on a day that I've also been in Foxboro, so I've got a pretty good handle on when I can and cannot make the game.

Threre's only eight home games a year and I'd like to attend all of them. So when the league makes that more diffiicult for me, I don't like it.
That's a great streak, and if you want the streak to continue, let me give you a nickel's worth of free advice:

When the Patriots have a home game scheduled for 1:00 late in the season, don't make other plans for later in the same day, and don't schedule your Monday flight out of Logan at 5:00. And if you do either of those things, and they flex the game, then don't expect an ounce of sympathy.

Maybe you would be happier rooting for the Jaguars or Buccaneers... they never get flexed, so try rooting for those teams, and let us know how you feel about no longer being inconvenienced. Given the amount of people at the typical Jags game, you'll have no problem getting on the 5:20 flight out of Jax about an hour after the game ends.

Surely I am missing something. Folks keep on complaining about the actions of the league. What has been the result of these actions since Goodell came to power?

1) Are the owners making less money?

2) Are fewer fans watching games?

3) Is the league selling less league product?

4) Is NFL becoming less popular?

5) Is the current game less attractive to fans?
=================================

Let's be real. The league office is doing whatever it can to make the teams more profitable for the owners. Thankfully for us, that means that league office also wants to maintain and improve the perceived quality of the product.

NFL football has never been more popular. Never has the NFL been more financially secure. Part of the reason for that has been the actions of the league over the past couple of decades.

And certainly, NFL has never been better for us. Since Kraft bought the team, we have been the best franchise in pro sports. And yes, complain as you will about league actions. No one has more influence over those actions than the Krafts.

Is that you, Jane Skinner???

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back