PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Stephen Gostkowski May Be Out For a Couple of Weeks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well isn't that just great news. :mad:

So what would the roster implications be here? You'd have to keep Ghost on the 53, sign a kicker, then release someone like Ojinnaka, correct?

Let Welker do it.

Well, he would be better than Suisham anyway.

Let Welker do it.

Well, he would be better than Suisham anyway.
Yeah, but if Welker is also receiving, there's a chance he gets hurt, and then who kicks?

Yeah, but if Welker is also receiving, there's a chance he gets hurt, and then who kicks?

I'll do it. Minimum salary is fine.

Seriously though, there aren't a ton of good choices, but I recall Suisham missing so many critical kicks back when I lived in Virginia and had to watch Skins games all the time. I really don't want that guy.

Graham, I might could live with.

Last edited:
Suisham is terrible, but I guess no one good is out there right now

Matt Stover? He did a good job for the Colts last year. They could always bring in Gramática...

Don't we already have a two game roster exemption in place for Mankins? If so, would we be able to use that for one game (being that we cut Wheatley this week) when we bring in a kicker?

onside kicks.

Don't we already have a two game roster exemption in place for Mankins? If so, would we be able to use that for one game (being that we cut Wheatley this week) when we bring in a kicker?

That was only for Mankins, and he was on the active list yesterday, so the exemption is no longer available. That's why they needed to cut Wheatley.

Last edited:
I believe that 2 game roster exemptions goes away if he is on the gameday active. They let Wheatley go to keep Mankins.

Kicker hurt at the worst possible time in the schedule......arghhhhhhh :bricks:

what do they say about brilliant minds?

Last edited:
That was only for Mankins, and he was on the active list yesterday, so the exemption is no longer available. That's why they needed to cut Wheatley.

Got it. Thanks.

Wilfork, obviously.

Mesko on kick offs Welker on FGs/PAT?

Or go for 2 every after every TD?

Yesterday with Ghost injured and the Pats so pathetic I'd hoped that the great Belichick would find a technical loophole in the rules where we could refuse to kick off after scorng and just keep the ball, solving both problems....well at least untill our next fumble. :mad:

What actually happen to Gostkowski? I didn't get to see the game here, and I am blocked from reading the report here at work.

Last edited:
FWIW, Dale Arnold just mentioned that Tom Curran is reporting that the Pats are trying to sign Shayne Graham...

What actually happen to Gostkowski? I didn't get to see the game here, and I am blocked from reading the report here at work.

He apparently injured his right quadricep...

Last edited:
The Patriots are expected to sign K Shayne Graham to fill in for the injured Stephen Gostkowski.
Graham filled in for the Giants' Lawrence Tynes in Week 6 and made all four extra point attempts but didn't try a field goal. Gostkowski is expected to miss a couple weeks of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe